THEE OFFICIAL 2012 NBA CHAMPIONS OFFSEASON THREAD! RAY ALLEN, WELCOME TO THE DARKSIDE!!!

lebronslamcover0.jpg

Originally Posted by 650sGABE

Ronny Turiaf and Juwan Howard
I'm going to miss these two... especially OG Juwan Howard. I was kind of happier for him to win a ring then lebron lol. Fab Five baby! There was nothing better then watching Jalen Rose with Juwan Howard in the locker room celebrating... Real #@*#*$ do Real thingz!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by you big dummy

lebronslamcover0.jpg

pimp.gif
Especially knowing that after seeing this cover, some of the members of this forum are like this:

funny-gifs-have-ever-been-so-mad-that-you.gif

that gif got me cryinggggggg
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

anyone hearing any word on RASHARD LEWIS ????? a big cat like that who can shoot from deep, and mix it up down low would "seem" to be a great fit for this Heat squad. only reason ima sking is cause my man at work said he heard they were gonna talk to him.

thoughts on how he would or would not fit ???????

Originally Posted by 23phorlife

anyone hearing any word on RASHARD LEWIS ????? a big cat like that who can shoot from deep, and mix it up down low would "seem" to be a great fit for this Heat squad. only reason ima sking is cause my man at work said he heard they were gonna talk to him.

punch-hat.gif

Originally Posted by UnchartedDrake

punch-hat.gif

so u have no thougths on him and his fit at all ? kinda figures considering the source
any real fans have any thoughts ? positive or negative

gottis tha biggest runnin joke in the lebron thread so itd be nice to hear from an intelligent person

2012 NBA Summer League Game Schedule:
All Times listed are PACIFIC
Friday July 13
• COX Pavilion
1 PM -- Atlanta vs. Washington
3 PM -- Houston vs. Toronto
5 PM -- Golden State vs. LA Lakers
7 PM -- Sacramento vs. Charlotte
Saturday July 14
• COX Pavilion
1 PM -- Memphis vs. New York
3 PM -- Golden State vs. Denver
5 PM -- LA Lakers vs. Sacramento
7 PM -- Houston vs. Washington
Sunday July 15
• COX Pavilion
1 PM -- New York vs. Phoenix
3 PM -- Denver vs. Dallas
5 PM -- San Antonio vs. Atlanta
7 PM -- Washington vs. NBA D-League
• Thomas & Mack
3:30 PM -- Toronto vs. Miami
5:30 PM -- Cleveland vs. Charlotte
7:30 PM -- New Orleans vs. Portland
Monday July 16
• COX Pavilion
1 PM -- Atlanta vs. Boston
3 PM -- Dallas vs. Toronto
5 PM -- Cleveland vs. NBA D-League
7 PM -- LA Clippers vs. Minnesota
• Thomas & Mack
3:30 PM -- Houston vs. Sacramento
5:30 PM -- LA Lakers vs. Miami
7:30 PM -- Milwaukee vs. New Orleans
Tuesday July 17
• COX Pavilion
1 PM -- Denver vs. New York
3 PM -- Washington vs. Memphis
5 PM -- Portland vs. Houston
7 PM -- Chicago vs. Boston

• Thomas & Mack
3:30 PM -- San Antonio vs. LA Lakers
5:30 PM -- Cleveland vs. Phoenix
7:30 PM -- Minnesota vs. Charlotte
Wednesday July 18
• COX Pavilion
1 PM -- Milwaukee vs. Washington
3 PM -- Chicago vs. Houston
5 PM -- Atlanta vs. Dallas
7 PM -- San Antonio vs. LA Clippers
• Thomas & Mack
3:30 PM -- Sacramento vs. Toronto
5:30 PM -- New Orleans vs. Phoenix
7:30 PM -- Golden State vs. Miami
Thursday July 19
• COX Pavilion
1 PM -- New York vs. Toronto
3 PM -- Portland vs. Atlanta
5 PM -- Cleveland vs. Minnesota
7 PM -- NBA D-League vs. Milwaukee
• Thomas & Mack
3:30 PM -- Boston vs. Sacramento
5:30 PM -- LA Clippers vs. LA Lakers
7:30 PM -- Charlotte vs. Denver
Friday July 20
• COX Pavilion
1 PM -- New York vs. Cleveland
3 PM -- Denver vs. Portland
5 PM -- Miami vs. San Antonio
7 PM -- NBA D-League vs. Phoenix
• Thomas & Mack
3:30 PM -- Memphis vs. Charlotte
5:30 PM -- Chicago vs. Golden State
7:30 PM -- Dallas vs. New Orleans
Saturday July 21
• COX Pavilion
1 PM -- Portland vs. Miami
3 PM -- Dallas vs. San Antonio
5 PM -- NBA D-League vs. Minnesota
7 PM -- Memphis vs. Phoenix
• Thomas & Mack
3:30 PM -- Golden State vs. New Orleans
5:30 PM -- Chicago vs. LA Clippers
7:30 PM -- Milwaukee vs. Boston
Sunday July 22
• COX Pavilion
1 PM -- Chicago vs. Milwaukee
3 PM -- Boston vs. LA Clippers
5 PM -- Memphis vs. Minnesota
• SCHEDULE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
• All Times listed are PACIFIC

Originally Posted by UnchartedDrake

punch-hat.gif

so u have no thougths on him and his fit at all ? kinda figures considering the source
any real fans have any thoughts ? positive or negative

gottis tha biggest runnin joke in the lebron thread so itd be nice to hear from an intelligent person

When i first saw this, I was thinking about the contract he had, so I said to myself why in the blue hell would we sign him. Then I see he would be a Free agent...Oh! Mybad
laugh.gif

Next time post the link, in the post.

found tha link after i made the post

its be nice to hear what u have on yer mind sbout the team rather than just see gif's though, u probably have alot to add

found tha link after i made the post

its be nice to hear what u have on yer mind sbout the team rather than just see gif's though, u probably have alot to add

lol man the gifs are just for laughs man. I understand everyone hates me, but its just fun and games man! 
laugh.gif

I feel like Rashard Lewis has been spinning his wheels since the LA/Magic Finals. The Heat could definitely resurrect whatever he has left.

Don't want Rashard because son has don't anything since 08. Could Pat Riley + Spo get him back on track? Chasing a ring does wonders for players, but I wouldn't mind him if we didn't get Ray.

Team needs a player who will stay healthy and give good minutes off the bench with the 2nd team, which is a mold that he could fit.

Q: Why spend on Ray Allen when you can get Rashard Lewis for the minimum and another proven commodity for the mid-level? -- Louis, Miami.

A: Because one is a consummate professional with a proven and enduring track record, and the other is a player who has practically fallen off the face of the earth in recent seasons. That said, I'm not necessarily sold on Allen as being a lock for substantially improving the Heat and could see the virtues of a two-for with other free-agency combinations. But with the Heat, it's all about playoffs, and, as with Shane Battier, I could see Erik Spoelstra and Pat Riley much more comfortable with Ray Allen in a playoff situation than most other free agents available.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...-miami-heat-ray-allen-s070412,0,7198610.story

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Boston Celtics’ signing of Jason Terry adds intrigue to Miami Heat’s pursuit of Ray Allen[/h1]

Lynne Sladky

Boston Celtics' Ray Allen warms up before the first half of Game 5 in their NBA basketball Eastern Conference finals playoffs series against the Miami Heat, Tuesday, June 5, 2012, in Miami. (AP Photo/Lynne Sladky)

By Ethan J. Skolnick

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

It hasn’t been clear that the Heat needs Ray Allen.

Miami won a title without the Celtics sharpshooter, and did so with one of its best marksmen (Mike Miller) playing with a busted back and another (James Jones) mostly playing spectator. Still, it is apparent now that Pat Riley has set his sights on Allen above all others in this free-agent market, in the quest for more floor space for his three existing stars.

On Thursday, barring an unexpected cancellation, Riley will get a chance to make a pitch to Allen in Miami. And now, after Tuesday’s events, that pitch has a better chance of working and takes on more importance. That’s because Allen’s team of the past five seasons agreed to terms with Jason Terry on a three-year contract worth more than $15 million. Dallas could still match that offer for Terry but likely won’t, according to reports.

Miami could not have offered Terry as much as Boston has, though the guard figured to be a logical Riley target had Allen declined his offer. One could even argue that, because of his relative youth (more than two years younger) and better recent health, Terry was the more attractive option.

The more significant impact of Terry’s signing is the one it could have on Allen. Even after the Terry addition, the Celtics reportedly remain interested in retaining Allen and could still offer him much more per season than the Heat ($3.1 million, as part of the taxpayers’ midlevel exception). The question now is whether Allen, already bumped to the Celtics’ bench by Avery Bradley late last season, will be less receptive to returning, with the similarly-skilled Terry ripe to take his role.

So that will surely be part of Riley’s presentation. He won’t start there. He will start with the championship chance, which is better than the Clippers (Allen’s visit Friday) or Grizzlies can offer, even if each can offer more cash.

But certainly, Riley can leverage this fresh development. At minimum, the Heat is no longer at a deficit when it comes to offering playing time. Even if Allen wouldn’t start for Miami, he would get plenty of minutes as the primary backup to both Dwyane Wade — who was best this season when burdened least — and Mario Chalmers, with Wade or LeBron James handling playmaking duties.

And no one in the NBA is better at making a convincing argument than Riley. That has been proven again in the first few days of this month, as teams like Dallas that followed the Heat model – stripping down to acquire more cap space – have found it less fruitful than Miami did in the summer of 2010.

Now, Riley’s mission is twofold. First, he wants Allen on the future Hall of Famer’s own merits, and clearly sees a falloff when considering others in the free-agent pool, though Rashard Lewis would be an interesting fit as a taller long-range bomber. And secondarily, Riley must keep Allen away from the team – Boston – that is shaping up as Miami’s primary East rival next season.

Maybe the Celtics wouldn’t have reached the Eastern Conference finals at all if not for Derrick Rose’s injury, and maybe they wouldn’t have taken the Heat to seven games if Chris Bosh had been available for the first four. Still, Boston did manage to get that far with an aging roster, and might have pushed the Heat harder in that seventh game had its exhausted core gotten more in support.

Already, Boston has added Terry, a proven playoff performer, and two talented rookies in Fab Melo and Jared Sullinger. It will get Bradley back from shoulder surgery and is completing a deal to get Jeff Green back after he missed a season with a heart issue. That will give Doc Rivers a chance to rest starters such as Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce even more, saving them for the minutes that most matter.

So, no, the Celtics don’t necessarily need Allen either, not anymore. But they can probably use him, as another weapon against Miami in May or June, which means Riley might need him after all
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/s...nick-boston-celtics-signing-of-jason-t/nPmLf/

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/s...nick-boston-celtics-signing-of-jason-t/nPmLf/

Rashard Lewis has been declining heavily for years now. The few games he actually has played over the last seasons that is. Sad because he's not even that old at 32. As opposed to Allen, Lewis is much more of a gamble. They should only go after him if they can't get anyone better.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Rashard Lewis has been declining heavily for years now. The few games he actually has played over the last seasons that is. Sad because he's not even that old at 32. As opposed to Allen, Lewis is much more of a gamble. They should only go after him if they can't get anyone better.

THIS
the "chasing a ring does wonders for some players" is what i am hoping for if they SETTLE for lewis

i do like the thought of lewis takin 12-15 footers after settin a pick though. other than mr bosh he would prob be the next best big man shooter, i love UD but rashard CAN shoot that rock

someone send rashard about 20 cases of wheaties .............. just in case   

Back
Top Bottom