THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hinkie Trades >>>> Brand Trades

Brand overpays for EVERYTHING because Hinkie gave him a clean slate to work with.
Colangelo screwed everything up if we’re being fair. The Fultz deal, Nerlens, Jah etc

Brand basically didn’t have much to work with outside of the special heat pick and players

Brand basically didn’t have much to work with outside of the special heat pick and players

That Pick Worthless!

giphy.gif

Zach Lowe just went on a rant about Kyle Kuzma supposedly being "covered like a star"........ this the same Kyle Kuzma who bleacher report just wrote an article on & mentioned trading him ALONG WITH another player/pick for guys like E'Twan Moore & Langston ****in Galloway :lol: :lol:

But he's covered like a star.... Half the Lakers fanbase has been clamoring to trade him the entire season but somehow... the "media" covers him like a star, because according to Lowe he only gets that kind of attention because he's a Laker.

What makes that even funnier is that over the past few years, when the Lakers brand was being brought up, and when people were saying that could influence players to want to come here........ it was nobody cares about the Lakers brand, guys can be megastars in small cities too blah blah blah.

Like which one is it my guy :lol:

Wonder if Eagle Dolla is starting to consider actually playing for the Grizzlies?

Zach Lowe just went on a rant about Kyle Kuzma supposedly being "covered like a star"........ this the same Kyle Kuzma who bleacher report just wrote an article on & mentioned trading him ALONG WITH another player/pick for guys like E'Twan Moore & Langston ****in Galloway :lol: :lol:

But he's covered like a star.... Half the Lakers fanbase has been clamoring to trade him the entire season but somehow... the "media" covers him like a star, because according to Lowe he only gets that kind of attention because he's a Laker.

What makes that even funnier is that over the past few years, when the Lakers brand was being brought up, and when people were saying that could influence players to want to come here........ it was nobody cares about the Lakers brand, guys can be megastars in small cities too blah blah blah.

Like which one is it my guy :lol:

he’s referring to this:

It’s a weird thing to get mad about.
Players On the Lakers get more press than other players. It is what it is. It’s been like that forever and it’ll stay like that forever.

how many times have you heard Larry Nance’s name since he wasn’t a Laker? I know he’s been injured and coming off the bench but yeah. Same reason people get mad at the Alex Caruso love.

Kyle Kuzma has an amount of media coverage that far exceeds his talent.

I've also not seen a single Laker fan ask for him to be traded.

We'll he's a player who very present on social media and he plays for the Lakers... and his "coverage" this season definitely hasn't been based on him being a "star" that is a flat out lie. most of the convo around Kuzma has been about trade talks & if he fits next to AD/Bron

Also doesn't make sense that the same person for years would say that the Lakers brand and history doesn't move the needle for players.... and then rant about a player getting more attention because he's a Laker.

And that wasn't just a Zack Lowe thing, prior to signing Lebron the narrative was that the Lakers brand was dead & didn't offer much of an advantage to players.

he’s referring to this:

It’s a weird thing to get mad about.
Players On the Lakers get more press than other players. It is what it is. It’s been like that forever and it’ll stay like that forever.

how many times have you heard Larry Nance’s name since he wasn’t a Laker? I know he’s been injured and coming off the bench but yeah. Same reason people get mad at the Alex Caruso love.

so he chose one tweet & tried to make it out like this was some overwhelming dialog amongst the league :lol:

Kyle Kuzma being a "star" is not an opinion that's been shared much by anyone in the media, even by Lakers writers/bloggers... So he big reaching

Hell i would argue that being a young player on the Lakers gathers you more negative attention then positive. Look at the narratives on the Lakers young players when there on the team compared to when they leave.

Ben Simmons last 8 Games :smokin

17.1 PPG, 10.3 RPG, 10.3 APG, 2.3 SPG, 1.0 BPG, and 56% FG

big game coming tonight from my guy

hes being used as the roll man more but not enough.. i want more of it

"The skill sets didn't really match," Brown said before Monday's win over OKC. "It's clear, statistics say this, that this team is better when I got to stamp my foot and call a play. I don't like doing that, but I have to do that...I have to help place them in perfect spots, feet there, body here, this is the bottom line."We come in with this year's team," Brown added at practice Tuesday, "and it was like a little awkward, and I'm thinking let's persevere with this, let's plow through this, I think by Christmas we can get some vibe and feel and flow to this, and it just wasn't happening. It wasn't happening. And so as we started feeling, we were kind of clunky and turnover-prone, and everybody's trying to grab a post, and space still rules my world, it was just not a great fit...it screamed, as this thing played out, of I've got to help them, I've got to put them in spots."

Seems like many were convinced Kuz was the keeper when it came to obtaining AD. Myself included. Dead wrong.

So....dudes in here pretending like Kuz wasnt getting treated like a future all star....while us anti laker folks were trying to tell y’all he’s BIG JORDAN CLARKSON? :lol:. Meanwhile, Lakers fans were comparing him to actual prospects that will become stars like Tatum etc

Lakers fans were getting offended by that. You can go in that very thread and see posts predicting he’d be an all star level player. And Kuz for sure leans into it....did the Hollywood Kardashian thing...and decided to go full Hollywood before his game got there.

This is for sure a thing. Like pmatic pmatic said:

Kuz does get more coverage/attention than warrants his talent thanks to being in LA and his eccentricity.

🎯

If LA had to do the trade again...they are definitely sending Kuzma and the draft pick to New Orleans instead of Lonzo and BI.

Am I tripping or like 10 minutes ago wasn’t there a bunch of posts in here related JD617 JD617 quoting MVP MVP saying Kawhi was the best player in the game?

So....dudes in here pretending like Kuz wasnt getting treated like a future all star....while us anti laker folks were trying to tell y’all he’s BIG JORDAN CLARKSON? :lol:. Meanwhile, Lakers fans were comparing him to actual prospects that will become stars like Tatum etc

Lakers fans were getting offended by that. You can go in that very thread and see posts predicting he’d be an all star level player. And Kuz for sure leans into it....did the Hollywood Kardashian thing...and decided to go full Hollywood before his game got there.

This is for sure a thing. Like pmatic pmatic said:

🎯

Don't remember anybody saying Kuz is a future all-star. You gotta pull those receipts.

And I was putting him against Tatum because Laker haters was so sensitive about giving any of the young players ANY credit. BI was being called bust in here after one season. Now dudes wanna act like "Oh the Lakers did him wrong and now he's free". :lol:

Kuz does get more coverage/attention than warrants his talent thanks to being in LA and his eccentricity.
now with the tacky clothes and changing his hair every week

liked him better before when he wasn't doing that ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom