THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man just take the middy when the defense is in deep ice.

A post a game would be ok, but he’s going to shoot a step back out of it. I don’t think he has the release point to shoot turnarounds jumpers like people want him to.

When I say post game I really mean just operating closer to the basket starting his attack with catches 15 feet in. Just some diversity

There was a game last year that Harden couldn't buy a 3 in the 4th.
It was a close game in the final minutes and he refused to shoot anything other than stepbacks 3s.
That's when it started to become clear to me he doesn't play winning basketball.
It was mad frustrating to watch.
I don't think I've ever seen him:

Cut to the basket

Set a screen for someone

Dive for the ball

I think out of every ten drives, maybe one time he's looking to score. The other times he's foul hunting or kicking it out

Maybe there are some people on here who overstated Steph’s defensive abilities, but there’s also plenty who exaggerate how bad he is on D. He at least tries to move his feet and stay in front of guys and doesn’t get caught out of position that much. He’s an ok defender. Not great, but not terrible either.

When Durant announced his decision, Russell's agent called, informing him the Warriors were ready to offer a max contract (four years, $117 million) via sign-and-trade. Russell had braced for the moment, and jumped at the opportunity. "I'm like, 'Why the **** is you on the phone with me?!'" he says. "'Tell them yes!'"

And as a guy who supports analytics this is where it gets wacky for me

you use ppp to tell you long contested 3’s are great against the field but you’re not playing the field in the offs you’re playing the damn warriors or Utah or some other really good defensive team

For the record I see a lot of harden in Trae's game and that's why I think it's clear you can't win with him. He'll put up some great numbers tho

Man just take the middy when the defense is in deep ice.

A post a game would be ok, but he’s going to shoot a step back out of it. I don’t think he has the release point to shoot turnarounds jumpers like people want him to.

he used to in the early rockets days. front office worked all that out of his game because math. i get the whole 3>2, but 2>0. I feel like the analytics crowd doesn't account for the in game emotions. you miss 5 straight threes, other team going on a little run, lemon booty sets in etc. funny enough, taking a few midranges here and there would open the lobs back up to capela for some easy offense.

When Durant announced his decision, Russell's agent called, informing him the Warriors were ready to offer a max contract (four years, $117 million) via sign-and-trade. Russell had braced for the moment, and jumped at the opportunity. "I'm like, 'Why the **** is you on the phone with me?!'" he says. "'Tell them yes!'"
$$$

Apparently someone on a Ringer basketball radio show heard from a league “source” about the Clippers proposing to trade Shamet, Harkless and Montrezl and their 1st round pick to Philly for Embiid :lol: These media types really just make **** up, don‘ they?

Apparently someone on a Ringer basketball radio show heard from a league “source” about the Clippers proposing to trade Shamet, Harkless and Montrezl and their 1st round pick to Philly for Embiid :lol: These media types really just make **** up, don‘ they?
Lol, that's a slap to the face for Philly considering what the Clippers gave up for Gordan Hayward.

I hear you.

I just feel like the team could've remained competitive while also seeing what he could become instead of selling him at his lowest value. Even when he actually played games for Philly, he showed that he could do useful things on the court. Just don't think it was worth giving up on potential upside to basically make lateral moves.
Yup, the trade is understandable cuz Fultz needed a change of scenery...But the timing was awful, selling assets at its lowest point is always bad business in any situation and then what they got back for him :sick:

Just glad the Magic jumped in and took advantage :pimp:

i believe the clippers are trying to gauge the market for harrell. gotta do your due diligence
hes due his bag and i dont think he wants to come off the bench his whole career.
where theres smoke....

i read a report of them monitoring D. sabonis availability :nerd::nerd::nerd:

Harden's reluctance to shoot the mid will once again cost him in the playoffs.
Once he gets inside the 3 point line he's either looking to draw the foul, kickout, or shooting that floater.
Or he'll bring it back out to reset the offense and shoot a terrible stepback 3.

I can't wait to see the disaster of him & Russ in the playoffs once teams shrink the court & the paint is clogged.
It's a disaster waiting to happen cause they refuse to shoot the midrange.
tenor.gif

Harden is definitely a championship caliber player. He just has the misfortune of existing at the same time as the warriors during his prime.

Now with them gone for a year, this is his best chance in years to win one and he now has the misfortune of playing with Russ, which is his own fault.

You said harden is trash in multiple rounds compared to Russ in single rounds. C'mon bruh :lol:. I don't pay attention to hot takes and talking heads but I consume a lot of player/coach interviews and local beat reporters around the league. This dude harden clearly doesn't give AF about anything but his stats. He had his worst playoff series ever against the Jazz last year then when they got eliminated by gsw he says 'I averaged 31 woop woop but they didn't have enough talent around me..but I'm not gonna throw my teammates under the bus'. He had an interview this past summer talking about critics can say whatever but every year my PPG goes up. Equivalent to wearing a 'check my $tats' tee. Another interview where he talked about how he loves food and desserts and doesn't even really watch his diet during the season. People will blame everything but him. He's not a championship caliber player at all. He's just not that guy

:lol:. That’s not what I said. I said Harden is way more efficient than Russ in the playoffs. Which he is. And has led teams deeper in the playoffs than Russ. Which he has. Harden isn’t “trash” for 3 rounds. In the playoffs...you’re efficiency is expected to dip with more minutes/shots/teams scheming etc. Harden has his flaws, and has some terrible moments in the playoffs. But Russ and him aren’t comparable as playoff failures as #1 options. Or even during the regular season.

I’m not even a harden guy like that. But y’all keep trying to lump him in with Russ. No sir.

Read my words man. You getting your numbah1grimey on right now. That’s not even the point I was arguing :lol:.

Interesting a lotta y'all finally seeing the light on the Rockets. I guess the excuse for Harden that he just kept losing to all time great teams (even when they were compromised) will be out the window this season. #windowbeenclosed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom