THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the Clippers current FO is very proactive, so I’m sure they’re looking at lot of scenarios. I just thought that Embiid idea was ridiculous because: (1) I don’t think the Sixers have any intention of shopping Embiid; (2) and it was such an underpay from the Clippers anyway.
What are the Clips' needs that's making their FO so proactive in the trade market? Maybe Clips looking for some size and bigs who can block, board, and contest shots perhaps?

You said the difference between Russ and harden being trash in the playoffs is that harden gets out the first round. And he's not way more efficient unless you're one of those guys that lumps 2s 3s and free throws into a deceptive all in one stat.

Well I do use TS% as a measure of efficiency. So yeah. And by that definition....Harden is way more efficient than Russ. Not only that....Harden’s general box score efficiency will fluctuate from series to series. He advances, so there’s more of that Data. Russ is getting outplayed by Rubio, Rookie Donovan Mitchell, Patrick Beverly and Lillard in an opening round.

James Harden isn’t “trash” in the playoffs as a #1 option. Him and Russ just aren’t the same.

If he didn't run into the warriors buzzsaw the cavs were NOT stopping the Rockets. And also.....if they didn't miss like 497 straight 3s.

Y'all still using this same weak excuse.

He choked against SAS, he's lost to Portland in the 1st rd before, he played like garbage in the 1st rd last year against Utah. It's way more to it than "well GS is just so great, what's he supposed to do?!?!?"

You're not winning a chip when superstars game is contested step back 3's, heavily relying on the refs, don't play defense and turning the ball over at a crazy rate. His game is pretty to watch for some, he's highly skilled but nah he's got too many flaws that he refuses to correct to be a championship player.

1579202754538.png

Coming soon

Well I do use TS% as a measure of efficiency. So yeah. And by that definition....Harden is way more efficient than Russ. Not only that....Harden’s general box score efficiency will fluctuate from series to series. He advances, so there’s more of that Data. Russ is getting outplayed by Rubio, Rookie Donovan Mitchell, Patrick Beverly and Lillard in an opening round.

James Harden isn’t “trash” in the playoffs as a #1 option. Him and Russ just aren’t the same.

Bruh. Harden has been trash against those same names you listed. If you shoot similar numbers from the field but better at free throw cheese I don't personally consider that being way more efficient. Both of them have made it out the 2nd round twice since they split up. If there's a difference between their impact on winning, it's negligible

So the Clipper fan base still doesnt want to admit that a lack of bigs/centers is their biggest weakness even after hearing now that there are rumors they tryna acquire Sabonis, even Embiid lol.

I say it again, the Harrell-Zubac tandem ain't the answer.

So the Clipper fan base still doesnt want to admit that a lack of bigs/centers is their biggest weakness?

didnt stop gsw. just play small. they'd really only need it for the bigs in purple and gold and milwaukee. They already make the 5 position unplayable for the lakers though.

Harden is definitely a championship caliber player. He just has the misfortune of existing at the same time as the warriors during his prime.

Now with them gone for a year, this is his best chance in years to win one and he now has the misfortune of playing with Russ, which is his own fault.
How you a championship caliber player and choke everytime you in the playoffs? :lol:

didnt stop gsw. just play small. they'd really only need it for the bigs in purple and gold and milwaukee. They already make the 5 position unplayable for the lakers though.
The biggest mistake the Clips, or any other team for that matter, is think it's a copycat league. The Warriors and all that HOF talent is an outlier, an exception to the rule. But people don't seem to get that.

Are the Lakers and Bucks trying to copy the Warrior model? Clips need to make sure their roster matches up with the elite because if you consider yourself a championship contender, you're building your roster to compete and match up against your championship peers (e.g. LAL, MIL, etc). Since more than likely it will be these 2 squads whom you'll end up having to go through in order to secure the O'Brien.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom