THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ain't trying to hear it. Money was going to be there regardless for my dude, he CHOSE to be with a bum *** organization with terrible leadership.
One of the rare times we're in agreement. Bradley Beal was going to get paid regardless. You can't re-up your contract knowing the miserable situation with John Wall down an achilles soon to be paid 40+ million a year, and then complain a couple months later.

He had all the leverage. He could've made demands of the Wizards before re-signing but he took the bread.

I can't wait to see how this gets address in the new CBA. Guys signing these max deals only to lay the foundation for wanting to be trade months later.

Beal made the right business decision

@tyisny BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE MVP MVP Maximus Meridius Maximus Meridius

Harden is the Karl Malone of this era. Can y’all agree with that? Or no?
If only to compare how many total career points and rings ea h of them had, then sure.

But to compare their game? Hell nah. Malone not only had several go-to moves on offense, he was also a much better defender than Harden. People forget Mailman was a 4x All-Defense, and 3x 1st team All-D

Wouldn't be shocked at all if SFW lands KAT for DAngelo.

Warriors fans gonna be joyous af sooner than later.

Imagine a healthy Splash Brothers with KAT and a rejuvenated Dray in 2020-21. Plus old man but still effective Iggy off the bench.

I wouldn't discount the brilliance of Bob Myers that he had this up his sleeve the whole time.

Prolly means that he'll be an all time great who never wins a ring

I knew what he was getting at but they're totally different players/positions and it ain't as simple as "these are 2 all time greats that just didn't win a ring". Way more to the story than that.

The worst 2 years of every Laker fan's life were when D'Antoni was spearheading the Lakers' attack from 2012-2014.

Thats literally not true at all. In fact for most of us, '13 was one of our favorite yrs because of how dope kobe was. and every game was a battle, but he was determined to get us to the playoffs, by any means necessary. Gave us everything. Dantoni offense had everyone playing well. Nick young. Wes Johnson. all of them. And we made the playoffs. Lost kobe and got swept 1st round by the spurs lol, but still.

Dantoni helped make our fragmented roster play well and score a lot and win.

Wouldn't be shocked at all if SFW lands KAT for DAngelo.

Warriors fans gonna be joyous af sooner than later.

Imagine a healthy Splash Brothers with KAT and a rejuvenated Dray in 2020-21. Plus old man but still effective Iggy off the bench.

I wouldn't discount the brilliance of Bob Myers that he had this up his sleeve the whole time.
Why would the Wolves do this

Ain't trying to hear it. Money was going to be there regardless for my dude, he CHOSE to be with a bum *** organization with terrible leadership.
he learned from Melo
get the bag, then get traded to where you want to go
its in washingtons best interest to eventually look to trade him for picks/young players ala Pelicans/lakers

Thats literally not true at all. In fact for most of us, '13 was one of our favorite yrs because of how dope kobe was. and every game was a battle, but he was determined to get us to the playoffs, by any means necessary. Gave us everything. Dantoni offense had everyone playing well. Nick young. Wes Johnson. all of them. And we made the playoffs. Lost kobe and got swept 1st round by the spurs lol, but still.

I know man, I was speaking in exaggeration because of my disdain for MDA

Lolwut. Kobe and Pau in particular basically staged a mutiny and said FU to MDA and took over the offense. Kobe killed himself on the court after the all star break.

Lolwut. Kobe and Pau in particular basically staged a mutiny and said FU to MDA and took over the offense. Kobe killed himself on the court after the all star break.

Exactly :lol:. I don't know what freeze freeze is talking about. MDA had a roster with Kobe Artest Pau and Dwight struggling to make the playoffs for the majority of the year until they had a players only meeting and decided to coach themselves. Dantoni was a disaster back then for all the same reasons he is today. Nick young and Wes weren't even on that team

Why would the Wolves do this
Rebuild nation. The first chip to fall (trading Teague) confirmed this for me. Plus DLo is an asset and has proven if you build a solid team around him like they did in BKN, he can lead you to a 7-8 seed. DLo is a good return for KAT, knowing that you will lose him for nothing in free agency.

Another scenario fans shouldn't discount tho is the Jerry West factor. LAC has the short term and value laden contracts of Harrell and Lou Will that they can dangle to Minnesota along with say, a Zubac, Green, and a couple picks for KAT. I can see West and L.Frank saying eff it and going all in with a trio of Kawhi, PG, and KAT if they truly feel they're not where they want to be with this roster. With Logo, anything is possible.

they staged a mutiny on mike brown. dantoni wasnt bad for us. he helped the other bums on the roster play better.

Rebuild nation. The first chip to fall (trading Teague) confirmed this for me. Plus DLo is an asset and has proven if you build a solid team around him like they did in BKN, he can lead you to a 7-8 seed. DLo is a good return for KAT, knowing that you will lose him for nothing in free agency.

Another scenario fans shouldn't discount tho is the Jerry West factor. LAC has the short term and value laden contracts of Harrell and Lou Will that they can dangle to Minnesota along with say, a Zubac, Green, and a couple picks for KAT. I can see West and L.Frank saying eff it and going all in with a trio of Kawhi, PG, and KAT if they truly feel they're not where they want to be with this roster. With Logo, anything is possible.
Image result for time to stop posting gif

The reason MDA didn’t work out for the Lakers was he had all these aging inefficient players trying to play a fast pace.

On top of that Dwight and Kobe hated each other.

they staged a mutiny on mike brown. dantoni wasnt bad for us. he helped the other bums on the roster play better.
Sit this one out bro
The reason MDA didn’t work out for the Lakers was he had all these aging inefficient players trying to play a fast pace.

On top of that Dwight and Kobe hated each other.
Right. He never was able to adjust or manage egos. He somehow managed to piss off Pau of all people :lol:. Kept saying just wait til we get Nash back. He's always been a one trick pony

Lmaooo how you piss off Pau Gasol? Take a lap.

His system always makes marginal to bum players look respectable. The issue with that 2013 team in particular was his stubbornness to not adjust to his personnel. Had 2 of the best big men in the league and wanted to camp one of them out at the 3 point line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom