THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Nobody’s Pool

Caris Levert
Brogdon
Jaren Jackson

OUT
Plumlee
Lopez
Harris
Barnes
Middleton
White

IN
Beal
Booker
Fox
Zion
Collins
JJJ
Good list. If they don’t get any current all nbaers I still think it’ll be an uphill battle

Particularly because a lack of playing together, having all world talent can make up for it when it matters

69874719_3030592853635885_4601096604760408064_n.png

I don’t care about guys being all NBA players, the pieces gotta fit better. Fournier, Boggs, and patty mills are great in FIBA because of how they’re used and the people around them compliment them.
Well, you should care if you care about putting a team that can win gold

The issue is, you can’t force guys to fit together because of the limited time they have together. Chemistry takes time. Therefore it is vital to get at least a handful of the best talent

They need to institute hard commitments or something as well if they really care about having this kind of thing not happen.

This is what happens when you cut the only killer on the squad and get a buncha Celtics to lead your team...mediocrity.

They should have kept Fox

Well, you should care if you care about putting a team that can win gold

The issue is, you can’t force guys to fit together because of the limited time they have together. Chemistry takes time. Therefore it is vital to get at least a handful of the best talent

I get chemistry takes time but to me it’s not a talent issue. I understand the player pool is what it is and the quick fix is throwing an alien out there.

But again, I think we need playmakers out there. We cut 2 of them. We needed bigs out there, we cut 2 of them too. There were better options out there but we picked 3 of the same dudes and tried to play small ball in a game with no defensive 3 seconds.

And chemistry is hard to develop but it’s really hard to develop when you throw out 4 non passers on the court at the same time

And chemistry is hard to develop but it’s really hard to develop when you throw out 4 non passers on the court at the same time
Probably some self-confidence in Pop's mind that the system could hide the individual players' defiencies as passers.

Welp.

We don’t cut Bam and Fox, we don’t lose today.

Facts
Thought Fox would've been the perfect backup for Kemba for this team. Especially for a game like today where he's off.

If the top tier stars aren't going to play at the Olympics, I'd be surprised if he's not on the team.

Getting stars to play in FIBA is going to be tough. It’s not the same appeal as the olympics. Let’s just do a better job picking the talent we have.

Outside of the terrible FT misses by Smart, he and Jaylen were probably the 2nd and 3rd best players on the team today. That's an issue, as both should really just be role players for this team.

Middleton is the guy that really **** the bed most in this tourney, IMO.

Outside of the terrible FT misses by Smart, he and Jaylen were probably the 2nd and 3rd best players on the team today. That's an issue, as both should really just be role players for this team.

That's been his MO his whole career!

I gotta dig deep into why Middleton was trash but I’m willing to bet his catch and shoot opportunities were way down which harps back to my point of no playmakers. I could be wrong though because he was awful

Did anyone see the 30 for 30 Rodman doc, is there thread for it? Man that was Sad, hope he get's the help and peace he needs, lot of demons there

I gotta dig deep into why Middleton was trash but I’m willing to bet his catch and shoot opportunities were way down which harps back to my point of no playmakers. I could be wrong though because he was awful
Yeah and that's part of it, but he was trash defensively too, and at some point you should be able to make some kind of shots playmakers or not as a 28 year old max guy.

Yeah it is closing. But our A team would run through every time I do not care what anyone says. B team would still win gold just not as easy.
Yea the gap thats closing is between the other countries best players and the USA's 2nd/3rd tier type players

Without Tatum (who hadn't shot particularly well himself), the team was basically left with only 2 other guys that can consistently create off the dribble, and neither are really known as playmakers for others. And Kemba was off.

This is what happens when you cut the only killer on the squad and get a buncha Celtics to lead your team...mediocrity.

I agree. This is also what happens with the NBA disrespects our PRESIDENT ELECT. This team was full of Libs and Soy Bois that hate our country and have allegiance to themselves. Pop and Kerr HATE AMERICA AND HATE OUR PRESIDENT ELECT DONALD TRUMP CHAN. Glad these frauds lost and ai hope the NBA goes out of business. #JerryWestIsAConservative.

Assessing the best case scenario for USA's roster next summer, it looks questionable

Lebby and KD to me are doubtful

Harden, Davis, Irving, Steph and Klay have both played in 2 tournaments already

Paul George is always injured and has his ugly history with FIBA

It'll be interesting to see who wants to sign up
Out of those names the dudes I can see playing are Steph, Klay, maybe AD and add Dame to it...Other than that its gon be some cats from this tourney and a couple youngins that balled out in the 19-20 season

Bron, KD and anybody who played a big role in getting a gold before are done with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom