THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
who the **** is wayne gretzky. who the **** watches hockey lmao

Some people just have no ability to separate team perfomance from individual performance in team sports. Probably my biggest pet peeve. Some of the Brady stuff is so OD. And I'm a Pats fan saying this.

I mean...he was 1-9 until Pippen got there. I don’t see the issue.

I know you trollin...but this is a real thing :lol:. People think Rookie Scottie Pippen In 87 was the same one in 92 :lol:.

All context has been lost. Like Mike coming off an injury and losing to the 67 win Larry Bird Celtics in his 1st playoff appearance, then the 60 something win Bucs that was atop the east in his next one.

Mike literally did this when Pippen came to win his 1st series.

BC087908-AFB5-49BB-9AAF-041DF80BE322.png

While THIS was happening to a 22 year old Scottie.

E0836EC2-A34E-46A0-BD67-C3CBE637CCF0.gif

But bad faith arguments, hot takes & Narratives > Context.

There's a lot of foolishness on the other side of the MJ thing too though. Stuff like this:

Like the Bad Boy Pistons didn't send him home 3 years in a row in his prime at age 25, 26, & 27. He only played in the league for 6 seasons and never lost.

I agree that the MJ invincibility arguments are also silly, but making a big deal out of his early playoff record is even dumber. Six of MJ’s first nine playoff losses were to the Bird-McHale-Parish Celtics, who in one of those years when on to win the title and went to the Finals the next year. That Celtics team is 10 all-time squad for most people.

Also, what happened to the old conventional wisdom that teams/players have to pay their dues and learn how to win before they break through to championship level? We not doing that anymore?

I know you trollin...but this is a real thing :lol:. People think Rookie Scottie Pippen In 87 was the same one in 92 :lol:.

All context has been lost. Like Mike coming off an injury and losing to the 67 win Larry Bird Celtics in his 1st playoff appearance, then the 60 something win Bucs that was atop the east in his next one.

Mike literally did this when Pippen came to win his 1st series.

BC087908-AFB5-49BB-9AAF-041DF80BE322.png

While THIS was happening to a 22 year old Scottie.

E0836EC2-A34E-46A0-BD67-C3CBE637CCF0.gif

But bad faith arguments, hot takes & Narratives > Context.

What doesn’t show up in the boxscore is Pippen’s intertia. 3rd quarter, game 2. Pippen is moving guys out of Jordan’s way on offense. Hardest screens I’ve ever seen. Clear lanes to the basket. Wide open jumpers. All created by Scottie’s inertia

There's a lot of foolishness on the other side of the MJ thing too though. Stuff like this:

Like the Bad Boy Pistons didn't send him home 3 years in a row in his prime at age 25, 26, & 27. He only played in the league for 6 seasons and never lost.

I think he’s obviously talking about the finals tho. That’s a different argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom