THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's clear as day that is the best use for him. Just might be hard to make that happen in Philly given the personnel and their contracts.

way the game is headed, with all the positionless stuff, is perfect for him

the focus should have been putting 3 shooters around Ben and Joel.. let simmons technically play the 4 spot, but he’s handling the ball.. he can grab rebounds and go

hard to invest in Tobias and horford unless they’re both bench guys to sub in for either Ben or Joel

Speaking of bums, also why Portland ain't getting an All-Star Game. Harden probably bummed out about that. Portland strip clubs are legit. And, so many of them.
Yea man is portland bigger than boston ? Must be. I know LA is spread out. Boston so small everything is close together..you can walk the whole city in an hour or two. We got methadone mile and all that... too much bs. No matter where you are in the city you can always get to where you want to go. Unlike nyc and other big cities. If the garden was sectioned off somewhere then maybe. Idk why they were talking about the olympics a few years back.

the focus should have been putting 3 shooters around Ben and Joel.. let simmons technically play the 4 spot, but he’s handling the ball.. he can grab rebounds and go

hard to invest in Tobias and horford unless they’re both bench guys to sub in for either Ben or Joel
Nah Tobias is fine spacing as a wing with Ben and Jo

You just can’t have Al out there at the same time. Al can sub in for Jo and technically run point C when Ben is off the court. Personnel isn’t really the issue, it’s how their used

I didn’t look at minutes but it seemed like Team Lebron starters sat for a long time.

And Giannis need nothing but better role players on his team. He’s a complete player.

and still will be demolished again in the playoffs hahaha

Yep. In a perfect world I would have Ben and Embiid at the 4 and 5. Someone that can play full time PG but can also be a spot up shooter when Ben has the ball (think Kemba/DLo/Lowry/etc). A solid 3 and D guy, and JJ Redick.

Giannis getting more slander than Bron now??

That’s a strong indicator he’s the best player in the game now.

Nick Nurse dumbass lost the game for TG with his 4th quarter lineup and not making any adjustments smh

Kemba & Lowry combo? Are u fuccn kidding me?
Yeah coach nurse was clearly riding with his guy and while he did justify it at times with those charges I think it's part of what did em in. Kemba going cold and that turnover certainly didnt help.

I get it. Watching the 10 best players in the world is really exciting...and you're excited. But that was ONE glorified pick up game...and you're linking this to playoff scenarios :lol: This sounds like something you'd see on First Take on a slow day or something.

That wasn't strategized like a real game. Did not have the personnel of a real game. Wasn't officiated like a real-game. Relax :lol:

Imagine if someone went down the line with all of these guys and made some sort of analysis that's supposed to matter like how you're picking Giannis to do this with right now? What would you say about Lebron? His only 4th quarter bucket was that give me when they played him for the 3...and they parted the lane (which also wouldn't happen in a real game because there's an entirely different strategy based on the rules in play :lol::smh:). He missed his other 6 shots. Should Laker fans be concerned right now? I'm just asking to look at the full picture and think logically for a minute

Im not saying it’s the end all be all or crucifying Freak but with other two Top 5 guys Lebby was aggressive and still put up 7 shots. I don’t want to speak for the other folks with similar opinions but EYE am just saying he pulled a Houdini. Very Strange!

Just something I’m gonna observe as they play good teams and have close games post-ASB.

To be clear, I didn’t say what I said about Giannis needing a midrange shot because of last night. I’ve been thinking it for a while. That said, last night didn’t give me any reason to believe that his offensive limitations will not be an issue in the post season at some point.

Last edited:
I wish they found a way to trade Harden to Team Giannis. Team LeBron had one too many guys and Team Giannis needed one more guy.
That would've been perfect. They didn't need Harden, Luka, Westbrook, AND CP. Especially when you already have bigger ball handlers like Bron and Simmons.

I wish they found a way to trade Harden to Team Giannis. Team LeBron had one too many guys and Team Giannis needed one more guy.

yep. it was awkward at the end of the game seeing AD or kawhi come down with a board, and harden and lebron both hanging back waiting for the ball to bring it up.

Yep. In a perfect world I would have Ben and Embiid at the 4 and 5. Someone that can play full time PG but can also be a spot up shooter when Ben has the ball (think Kemba/DLo/Lowry/etc). A solid 3 and D guy, and JJ Redick.

seeing dude and Tatum together was nice last night.. but jimmy shoulda been the focus with moving Ben to the 4

embiid shoots well enough and let Ben roam.. and then you have 3 guys who can hit shoots consistently.. they could follow the bucks blueprint for things

Nah Tobias is fine spacing as a wing with Ben and Jo

You just can’t have Al out there at the same time. Al can sub in for Jo and technically run point C when Ben is off the court. Personnel isn’t really the issue, it’s how their used

just think the highest ceiling is with Ben and Joel as the bigs.. then Tobias and horford off the bench

I don’t think Ben/Joel combo is the issue at all, just how the team has gone about surrounding them.. and team should be forcing a big to cover Ben and not a SF or smaller guy

but horford and Tobias are 2 set position guys.. Tobias being a stretch 4 and horford a 5

its so easy to keep that format and to just not allow the winning bucket to come from a FT

like i said last night once its get to 8 (still honoring kobe) remaining points only way to earn points is by shots or dunks no FTs

its so easy to keep that format and to just not allow the winning bucket to come from a FT

like i said last night once its get to 8 (still honoring kobe) remaining points only way to earn points is by shots or dunks no FTs

i think HIM HIM said it here, but free throws down the stretch should just deduct from the fouling team. that way the fouling team is still penalized, and the game winner still has to be a bucket.

someone gonna complain next year when someone wins on a leakout dunk, but at least it's progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom