THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d chill on basing playoff Lebron on regular season Lebron. We have the 2nd stint on the Cavs playoff performances as proof. He’s been coasting all regular season like he always does. Yeah he’s older and he’s struggling a little more at getting past guys but are we really doubting playoff Lebron now?

Nah. I think the age thing is fascinating though. Dude has proven he's one of, if not the most durable player in the history of the NBA. Then again father time is undefeated. However I think he's earned the right to not be second guessed until we actually see evidence of a decline come playoff time.

I hear ya fam. I see a trend and following it. Maybe Bron can show out but the #SohiSample working against him lol
'Playoff Bron' gonna lead to disappointment. He's still human. That switch is a dimmer nob now.

yeah no doubt but I’m betting with playoff bron until he proves me wrong.

even if you give me Lebron at 90% of what he was in 2018, I’m taking that over every player in the playoffs except maybe Kawhi.

Nah. I think the age thing is fascinating though. Dude has proven he's one of, if not the most durable player in the history of the NBA. Then again father time is undefeated. However I think he's earned the right to not be second guessed until we actually see evidence of a decline come playoff time.
Yeah I'm definitely not doubting playoff Bron. He's earned that. I also don't think it's wise to just dismiss the fact that certain teams have personnel that are giving him trouble, and he also has to exert energy to defend those guys at the other end.

Maaaannnnn your jumper gotta be nice if you got that set-up. Imagine playing 2v2 with da homies while ya wife is cooking and she’s already irritated. A missed jumper goes long of da back of the rim and into the kitchen, knocking a bunch da meal and her glass of wine over...it’s a wrap. The homies getting kicked out, you’re eating GrubHub and you not getting da yambs for a couple nights.

I was all for trading Ingram before the deadline but that time has passed.
It made absolutely no sense to trade Ingram prior to the deadline. He's really good, not enough of a sample size with him and Zion together, and you probably aren't going to get equal value or better given the contract he's on.

Sign him this summer and see what the team looks like for a full season at least before doing anything drastic.

87049666_3409411325754034_2343148347822440448_o.jpg

Your biggest rival in the West has the size outside to put in front of him
Multiple rivals in the East has the size outside to put in in front of him

In the 17 years prior he has not struggled this badly against perimeter defense. This year he has and it doesn’t look good at all.

we not pulling **** out of thin air like BroSizzle :lol:
Lmao the hypocrisy exposed.

So Size Matters when it's against Lebron but the Lakers' size and length with McGee, AD, Dwight, and Boogie dont mean **** when it's against the Clippers and the rest of the league.

Yes people. YOU are Comedy Central.

Stay woke tho.

Oh for sure and that’s EXACTLY my point. Those numbers factor in some outlier years and Caruso stilllllll couldn’t be close to a Ginobli. Son coulda said like Shannon Brown or some **** and no one would have batted an eye but went for Manu:smh:
Be patient. I planted the seed. Now you will have to wait for it to develop once Rondo and Bradley are long gone.

And you obviously did not see my words carefully. I said AC would have a Ginobili like impact on the Lakers because of his style of play. I never said AC was another Ginobili lol. Only thing I said too was that AC had Manu's fearlessness. Wanna pull up my exact quote so we dont get things twisted?

In all fairness it's been about 7-8 games and they've all followed the same blueprint. He can't/isn't/won't be able to drive past multiple long armed guys and is/has been forced to settle on the perimeter. He is older so maybe that's attributed to age but that's a legit pattern that has been in play so far this season.

we've Lost 7 games to teams that fit that description (Bos & Phi the only games that weren't close with 5 minutes left in the 4th)

in those 7 games Lebron is averaging 20/9/10 on 40/19 shooting from the field

Now while surely Lebron isn't the same Lebron from 3 years ago, i'm not going to sit here & act as if this type of production will be the norm if we faced any of those teams in the playoffs :lol: :lol: .

My main point is that Lebron has played bad in these matchups & i don't think that is solely based on how the defense has played him. If we get even average Lebron regular season numbers come playoffs then there's no doubt in my mind we could beat any of those teams.

So yea if Lebron struggles heavily the Lakers are very beatable, If Giannis struggles heavily the Bucks are very beatable, If Kawhi struggles heavily the Clippers are very beatable etc etc

I don't understand how the narrative for other playmakers had focused solely on the Lakers when both the Bucks & Clippers are lacking significantly in the same department :lol:.

They question if Lebron could handle carrying an offense for 40 minutes a night come playoff time, but aren't curious about Kawhi? who is medically banned from playing back to backs.... carrying an offense for 40+ minutes a night come playoff time... WORD?

I feel like there’s no way KD doesn’t already regret the Brooklyn decision a little bit.

Yeah I'm definitely not doubting playoff Bron. He's earned that. I also don't think it's wise to just dismiss the fact that certain teams have personnel that are giving him trouble, and he also has to exert energy to defend those guys at the other end.
And who exactly is dismissing that certain personnel would give him trouble?

Show me receipts

:lol: :lol: :lol:

- Man who has lost more finals than everyone not named Jerry West is a runaway favorite.
- KD who has statistically been one of the best finals performers ever.... is under Giannis & Kawhi :stoneface:
- Man who has yet to play a singular playoff game can be trusted as much as a three time champion >D

Gotta love ESPN... these our the guys who create the narratives & vote on awards tho

:lol: :lol: :lol:

- Man who has lost more finals than everyone not named Jerry West is a runaway favorite.
- KD who has statistically been one of the best finals performers ever.... is under Giannis & Kawhi :stoneface:
- Man who has yet to play a singular playoff game can be trusted as much as a three time champion >D

Gotta love ESPN... these our the guys who create the narratives & vote on awards tho

Not sure if ESPN NBA Insiders or NTers that voted. Although they may be one in the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom