THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
nick. nick. getback getback

Ready for the apocalypse :lol: :pimp:

73F3CCC6-15E5-4C79-B4FA-02586BBAA6B8.jpeg

I'm glad Yao could get some NBA money and play a little bit. Can't expect players that tall to stay healthy

He was willing to die out there to play in the Olympics

I truly wonder what would his NBA career would have looked like if he load managed and didn't play for China every single summer.

Barkley even 20 years ago had the same basketball takes, trying to roast Yao 😂

If Yao had those same first 9 games as a rookie but in 2019-2020 🤯 NT would declare goofed and tell him to go back to China

If the NBA hiatus ends up only being 30 days, I think it makes a lot more sense for the league to just go straight into the playoffs with the current seeding.
Screenshot_20200315-140542_Chrome.jpg

It sucks for teams on the cusp of a playoff spot like the Pelicans but it makes a lot more sense than pushing back the entire schedule a month and the Finals ending in July and free agency and the draft bring in August.

Last edited:
If the NBA hiatus ends up only being 30 days, I think it makes a lot more sense for the league to just go straight into the playoffs with the current seeding. It sucks for teams on the cusp of a playoff spot like the Pelicans but it makes a lot more sense than pushing back the entire schedule a month and the Finals ending in July and free agency and the draft bring in August.
this
dont need to see who will fight for the last spot only to get bounced by the lakers
it sucks, but guys like ja and zion have many more opportunities

I don't think you're gonna get high quality basketball if you go straight into the playoffs after 30+ days off
[/QUOTE]

The league suspended the schedule on March 11th, 30 days from March 11th is April 10th and the final day of the regular season is April 15th. Depending on each team schedule, that gives you a regular season game or two (for some teams, three games) to get ready for the playoffs. It's obviously not an ideal situation but it's still much better than the alternative. Having the regular season and in mid July and then turn around and have NBA training camp begin in late September is a recipe for disaster for the 20-21 season

Last edited:
The league suspended the schedule on March 11th, 30 days from March 11th is April 10th and the final day of the regular season is April 10th. Depending on each team schedule, that gives you a regular season game or two (for some teams, three games) to get ready for the playoffs. It's obviously not an ideal situation but it's still much better than the alternative. Having the regular season and in mid July and then turn around and have NBA training camp begin in late September is a recipe for disaster for the 20-21 season

So push next season back 30 days

Practice?

They're not even supposed to be practicing as a team and that's still not the same as a real game. Gonna be looked like preseason hoops almost

So push next season back 30 days

They're not even supposed to be practicing as a team and that's still not the same as a real game. Gonna be looked like preseason hoops almost

This about that impact of that though. The NBA starting the 20-21 season mid-November either means that a) the league will play a much tighter schedule in next season (more back-to-backs and 3 games in 4 nights, etc.) so that they can catch up and make up for the league starting 30 days later or b) going forward the NBA will just starting in mid-November and end in Mid-July. Both of those options are worse than just going straight into the 2020 playoffs, IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom