THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Next years season will either have a shortened summer league/preseason or start in mid November like years past.

I don’t think it started in mid-November. Wasn’t it Halloween, at the latest? I know it’s only two weeks but #AllWeeksMatter right now

Kidd made the Nets contenders in the East
Nash made the Suns contenders in the West

Kidd was a perennial first round exit when he played in the west
As a Maverick the second time around, he was left for dead by CP in the playoffs. It was nothing short of amazing that he came back down the road and helped them get a ring. I give him credit for that

Kidd made the Nets contenders in the East
Nash made the Suns contenders in the West

Kidd was a perennial first round exit when he played in the west
As a Maverick the second time around, he was left for dead by CP in the playoffs. It was nothing short of amazing that he came back the next season and helped them get a ring. I give him credit for that

and the East was awful in the mid 2000s. First team to 80 won games. And he won what 1 game in the finals?

Crazy thing is, Kidd as damn near a 40 year old on that Mavs finals run is better than 90% of the PGs today.

Every teams has 2-3 PGs on their roster, being better than 90% of them means that a 40 year old Jason Kidd would be a top 10 PG in the league right now. I get what you're saying, even a forty-year-old Jason Kidd that wasn't washed but there's no need to come out with the outlandish stuff.

Put me down for Kidd, for being the face of teams making deep playoff runs and for being higher on the list of triple doubles than the others mentioned (not to mention 4th overall, possibly 5th if Lebby eventually passes him).

Kidd did what PGs are supposed to do: Run. The. Offense. He was the perennial 'basketball quarterback.' The fact that he was a great rebounder put the ball directly in the hands of who the offense needs to have the ball anyways. It just skipped a step, so instead of a F or C grabbing the board and finding him, he's already got it and they can run.

2ndGPGOAT

Put me down for Kidd, for being the face of teams making deep playoff runs and for being higher on the list of triple doubles than the others mentioned (not to mention 4th overall, possibly 5th if Lebby eventually passes him).

Kidd did what PGs are supposed to do: Run. The. Offense. He was the perennial 'basketball quarterback.' The fact that he was a great rebounder put the ball directly in the hands of who the offense needs to have the ball anyways. It just skipped a step, so instead of a F or C grabbing the board and finding him, he's already got it and they can run.

2ndGPGOAT
Ska in the middle of getting that taper as he typed this

People’s infatuation with pass first PGs is baffling
It's just how the game evolved. Plus you look at the 2000's and the score first point guards (Francis, Marbury, Gil, BD) and it seems like the perception on them was you couldn't make deep playoff runs with that prototype

We're in a new era though, been in one for a while

It's just how the game evolved. Plus you look at the 2000's and the score first point guards (Francis, Marbury, Gil, BD) and it seems like the perception on them was you couldn't make deep playoff runs with that prototype

We're in a new era though, been in one for a while

tony Parker and billups won as score first PGs. Bibby and stoudamire played on tough teams.

give me the guy that can put pressure on the defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom