THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're estimated to have more people die in this pandemic than any World War, record unemployment, not enough medical supplies, and on a miniscule level the entire sports world is currently SHUT DOWN and this clown still thinks things are being overblown. No this is not Deep Impact or Armageddon but as a global crisis outside of nuclear war you'd be hard pressed to find something more "doomsday" scenario.

The posts in here and on this entire site regarding this **** are ****ing ridiculous :lol: just straight up doomsday attitudes like there’s an impending meteor set to destroy half of the world.

Please try telling this to a family member of one of the 7,000+ Americans that has died from this. Or maybe a family member of one of the other 53,000+ people that have died across the world.

Folks are out here saying "It's only a couple tens thousands of people, so what" yet prior to this were preaching #AllLivesMatter. If you truly feel that way then 'sitcho *** down and watch some Netflix. If you're going outside for entertainment or anything outside of survival/sanity/essential work purposes, you don't give a **** about anyone but yourself.

Please try telling this to a family member of one of the 7,000+ Americans that has died from this. Or maybe a family member of one of the other 53,000+ people that have died across the world.

Folks are out here saying "It's only a couple tens thousands of people, so what" yet prior to this were preaching #AllLivesMatter. If you truly feel that way then 'sitcho *** down and watch some Netflix. If you're going outside for entertainment or anything outside of survival/sanity/essential work purposes, you don't give a **** about anyone but yourself.

All that, and as I said before, the Coronavirus situation is bigger than just the number of people who get sick and die from it specifically.

I work with hospitals every day. They are all inundated with patients and are running out of resources to treat everyone. So that means people who have illnesses and injuries that have nothing to do with COVID are at risk of not getting the care they need. Not to mention the health care workers themselves getting sick while trying to provide care to others.

It is a health care crisis. Period.

storm2006 storm2006 , I don't remember you being this.. how do I put it?... intelligent and reasonable before my sabbatical. Did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express a few times while I was gone? Attend Phoenix University online or something? Eat a snickers or 12?

What can I say, man. With age comes wisdom....unless you're buc em buc em and your cognizance ages Benjamin Button style.

The posts in here and on this entire site regarding this **** are ****ing ridiculous :lol: just straight up doomsday attitudes like there’s an impending meteor set to destroy half of the world.
How do you not understand how completely ignorant this sounds??

Deaths are projected to be in 6 figures in our country. That's war-level numbers.

Healthcare workers lives are a living hell.

EUxYOgdWsAA_sUr

The NBA announced the season was suspended on March 12th.

There was just over 2,000 confirmed coronavirus cases and 49 deaths in the USA.

As of yesterday there were over 270,000 confirmed coronavirus cases and over 7000 deaths in the USA.

In less than a month that's almost 140% increase in the CONFIRMED cases and deaths (and as others have iterated, widespread testing isn't available so those numbers are much higher for people who have it).

The number of cases are pretty much increasing by 14% DAILY. I have several friends who are nurses or working in the medical profession and some of the horror stories, man they are the true heroes of this crisis.

Spreading the foolish talking points and downplaying the seriousness of this from the get go is a big reason why this country is in the position its in right now. Don't be THAT guy buc em buc em .

How do you not understand how completely ignorant this sounds??

Deaths are projected to be in 6 figures in our country. That's war-level numbers.

Healthcare workers lives are a living hell.

My man it’s already April and there’s been 7,000 total deaths from this in the US since this got here in January...that number is not jumping up 93,000 in the next 7 months. Also, plenty of those 7,000 people went to the hospital for other conditions and then after dying from those other conditions they also diagnosed them with corona...and then classified it as a death from the corona. We also literally do not even know for a fact whether this is something that could be seasonal and decrease a ton during the summer months until that time gets here.

Peoples family members are dying, people losing jobs, and you’re in here laughing like **** is sweet smh. This **** isn’t funny.

Don’t be a ****ing idiot. I’m not laughing about people losing their lives. And as far as people losing their jobs, those are the people I’ve advocated for more than anybody as far as why as some point in the next couple months we need to return to some form of normalcy. You can’t have the economy continue to crash at a ridiculous level, every single restaurant in the country rely on strictly takeout, every small business owner going bankrupt and losing their life savings and damn near everyone in the service industry barely being able to afford their mortgages/rent/taking care of their families. The anxiety and stress from all of that along with so many people not being able to afford healthcare and being behind on every bill imaginable will lead to waaaay more early deaths than this virus ever will.

I’ve heard the “people want to go back to their jobs” argument before. Can anyone attest to this?

I’m fortunate enough to be able to WFH for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom