THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but you’re wrong. Klay and Draymond may not have been recognized for their abilities yet but they were already stars. No, they are not comparable to the Raptors.

Draymond wasn’t even a starter until the 2014-2015 season. :lol: at “widely recognized”. He won Most Improved Player that year. Like Siakum.

Klay was just recognized as a good shooter...who was splitting some SG time with the likes of Jarrett Jack :lol:. He really broke out in the 14-15 season. Upped his PPG from 18-22.

Kyle Lowry is widely recognized as an all star PG...who’s been a good player on multiple 50+ win teams.

The Warriors were “unproven” at the time. They’d surprised folks in 2013, and looked to be on the come up in 2014...but they kinda came outta nowhere as a 67 win team.

Draymond wasn’t even a starter until the 2014-2015 season. :lol: at “widely recognized”. He won Most Improved Player that year. Like Siakum.

Klay was just recognized as a good shooter...who was splitting some SG time with the likes of Jarrett Jack :lol:. He really broke out in the 14-15 season. Upped his PPG from 18-22.

Kyle Lowry is widely recognized as an all star PG...who’s been a good player on multiple 50+ win teams.

The Warriors were “unproven” at the time. They’d surprised folks in 2013, and looked to be on the come up in 2014...but they kinda came outta nowhere as a 67 win team.
I'm talking about talent, not recognition. Klay Thompson and Draymond Green didn't suddenly become two of the best players in basketball the next season after winning the finals. They were already great and showed it during that playoff run. Obviously the people who didn't give the Warriors respect after that win were simply wrong. People, like Barkley's famous comment, underestimated them because they didn't think their playstyle as a "jump shooting team" could win. Instead that playstyle defined the future of basketball.

You're comparing this to Kyle Lowry who is at the end of his career and has never been as good as Klay and Draymond and never will be, and had a demonstrated record of playing terribly in the playoffs in a long career up to this. And Siakam who again, had a great follow up season and even then isn't at the level of Draymond and Klay.

Isn’t this argument kind of flawed/ambiguous? If we let this reasoning slide then it allows for all sort of exceptions.

LeBron may not be finished with his career but he’s already the GOAT.

The Kawhi/PG Clippers may not have played a playoff series yet but they are already a dynasty.

It just seems like a slippery slope

I honestly don't see your point at all, maybe you are misinterpreting what I said. You're talking about made up hypotheticals, I'm talking about something that actually happened.

I'm talking about talent, not recognition. Klay Thompson and Draymond Green didn't suddenly become two of the best players in basketball the next season after winning the finals. They were already great and showed it during that playoff run. Obviously the people who didn't give the Warriors respect after that win were simply wrong. People, like Barkley's famous comment, underestimated them because they didn't think their playstyle as a "jump shooting team" could win. Instead that playstyle defined the future of basketball.

You're comparing this to Kyle Lowry who is at the end of his career and has never been as good as Klay and Draymond and never will be, and had a demonstrated record of playing terribly in the playoffs in a long career up to this. And Siakam who again, had a great follow up season and even then isn't at the level of Draymond and Klay.

You’re not following what I’m saying. I’m responding to your comment that the only teams in your lifetime that didn’t have top level talent and won....is the Mavs or Raptors.

The 2015 Warriors (1st chip) didn’t have top level talent AT THE TIME.

Just like the 2003 Spurs...didn’t have top level talent at the time either...and won.

These look amazing but how do they feel? I’ve read mixed reviews.

I like the way they feel, but I’ve only ever worn them just walking around, not to play ball. The strap thing makes them pretty tight around the mid-foot, I could some people not loving that.

I honestly don't see your point at all, maybe you are misinterpreting what I said. You're talking about made up hypotheticals, I'm talking about something that actually happened.

I guess I’m saying that recognition is a matter of fact to confirm stardom ie all-star bids, All-NBA honors, etc. You’re merely citing your opinion to stay they were stars when no one who is trusted with the authority to recognize them as such chose to. I’m just pointing despite facts saying otherwise, you used an opinion based argument to say they were stars.

You’re not following what I’m saying. I’m responding to your comment that the only teams in your lifetime that didn’t have top level talent and won....is the Mavs or Raptors.

The 2015 Warriors (1st chip) didn’t have top level talent AT THE TIME.

Just like the 2003 Spurs...didn’t have top level talent at the time either...and won.

I understand your argument. It's that the 2015 Warriors, who the next season were arguably the greatest regular season of all time, didn't have top level talent a few months before and should be considered an underdog winner. And I'm saying I don't agree with that argument.

I understand your argument. It's that the 2015 Warriors, who the next season were arguably the greatest regular season of all time, didn't have top level talent a few months before and should be considered an underdog winner. And I'm saying I don't agree with that argument.

I’m not calling them an underdog. They were a good team. They just didn’t have “top level talent” two completely different things. Just like the raptors. A 60 win team previously...added a new coach and higher level superstar and became true contenders...with improved players (Siakum, Van fleet etc). And addition of good vets. Gasol etc.

Team went from 49 to 67 wins and a chip in a “few months” too. You’re not understanding what I’m saying :lol:.

^ I agree with that. Not completely up to speed on what the argument is or what side of what fence my agreement places me, but I agree with that statement.

Again I’m talking about reality, not recognition.

The two are still heavily correlated when it comes to stardom.

My head is constantly spinning when it comes to what the consensus is on draymond green in here.

One day...he’s trash and the most overrated player in the history of basketball. Another day...he’s one of the four stars who made the league “not fun” for a minute.

I noticed that too. He’s really one of those players that you can bend his role accomplishments whichever you want depending on how the wind is blowing and the point you want to drive home

My head is constantly spinning when it comes to what the consensus is on draymond green in here.

One day...he’s trash and the most overrated player in the history of basketball. Another day...he’s one of the four stars who made the league “not fun” for a minute.
Spoiler alert: Mixed congregations will give mixed results.

It's not the consensus opinion on him changing day-by-day. It's that there is no consensus, and the opinion will vary depending on who's logged on.

I noticed that too. He’s really one of those players that you can bend his role accomplishments whichever you want depending on how the wind is blowing and the point you want to drive home
It depends more on the audience than anything else. If a ton of Bulls fans are on, the last shot is fine. If a bunch of Bulls critics (Lebron Stans or Kobe Stans?) are on, clearly he pushed off.

8328023A-3C5B-4533-BF14-EDD4E4F1E6E9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom