THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Draymond Green was a star in his role for the Warriors and a perfect complement to their other pieces. He’s undoubtedly part of why they were so good. He’s not a star level NBA talent in his own right, IMO.

Bistephsuals ruining the thread per usual. A tradition unlike any other.

Rona has them approaching MLGA levels.

I’m not going to touch on what you said specifically and how you said it but I do find it comical that all season the thread has been Lakers vs. Clippers arguments and discussions. Two legitimate teams that looked poised to battle it out for the Western Conference crown and go on to likely win the championship.

All of a sudden COVID-19 shut down the league and Silver hasn’t canceled the playoffs yet a majority of the discussion has shifted to a man who has only played five games in the 2019-2020 Season?

Now that is weird.

I’m not going to touch on what you said specifically and how you said it but I do find it comical that all season the thread has been Lakers vs. Clippers arguments and discussions. Two legitimate teams that looked poised to battle it out for the Western Conference crown and go on to likely win the championship.

All of a sudden COVID-19 shut down the league and Silver hasn’t canceled the playoffs yet a majority of the discussion has shifted to a man who has only played five games in the 2019-2020 Season?

Now that is weird.
I agree. And it’s led by the same Bistephsuals every day who feel the need to discuss him. Definitely weird.

I appreciate your understanding.

They won 67 games. They were #2 on offense and #1 on defense. They became the 8th team in NBA history at the time with a double digit point differential. That remains til this day Klay's best season, Curry's 2nd best season, and Draymond's 2nd or 3rd best season. I'm not really seeing the argument that they didn't have top tier talent. I remember around the halfway point of the season I pointed out that their point differential was in the neighborhood of some of Jordan's Bulls teams and I got roasted for it.

A mention...on how Draymond and Klay werent considered top tier stars on the run to their first championship...and a comparison to them with the 2019 Raptors...somehow, becomes about Steph Curry to B Sox B Sox

They won 67 games. They were #2 on offense and #1 on defense. They became the 8th team in NBA history at the time with a double digit point differential. That remains til this day Klay's best season, Curry's 2nd best season, and Draymond's 2nd or 3rd best season. I'm not really seeing the argument that they didn't have top tier talent. I remember around the halfway point of the season I pointed out that their point differential was in the neighborhood of some of Jordan's Bulls teams and I got roasted for it.

“Top tier talent”.....TALENT....TALENT.

At the beginning of the 2014-2015 season and In real time in 2015....Draymond and Klay Thompson weren’t considered top tier talents.

This is just true. Them being a historically great team, has nothing to do with that. We’re talking about their specific level of talent as individual players at that time...and their league wide perception.

Blake Griffin & Chris Paul would be an example of top tier talents at that time. Klay Thomson and Draymond Green in 2014-2015, weren’t.

Really simple.

7940f72cb3c1cb274c191214c1e1dee4.gif

It’s simple. Nobody else can get any credit for the warriors because that would mean that you’d have to take some of the credit away from Steph.

A mention...on how Draymond and Klay werent considered top tier stars on the run to their first championship...and a comparison to them with the 2019 Raptors...somehow, becomes about Steph Curry to B Sox B Sox

“Top tier talent”.....TALENT....TALENT.

At the beginning of the 2014-2015 season and In real time in 2015....Draymond and Klay Thompson weren’t considered top tier talents.

This is just true. Them being a historically great team, has nothing to do with that. We’re talking about their specific level of talent as individual players at that time...and their league wide perception.

Blake Griffin & Chris Paul would be an example of top tier talents at that time. Klay Thomson and Draymond Green in 2014-2015, weren’t.

Really simple.

There wasn't some talent disparity between Klay and Blake that season. Their production was very similar and both made All NBA 3rd team.

There wasn't some talent disparity between Klay and Blake that season. Their production was very similar and both made All NBA 3rd team.

Yes. At the end of that season. But up until that point...Blake Griffin was considered the more talented player. Hell, Kevin Love was too.

People thought Jerry West was crazy for not trading Klay for Love. Love was seen as a better player in terms of TALENT. That what was being discussed here.

Tier
Talent

Draymond and Klay weren’t considered top tier talents in the league, during their run to their first championship. 100027 100027 had a conversation going about arm races for talent that each team made since the Boston big 3....and he went on to say how in his lifetime, only two teams won the chip without having assembled “top tier talent”. The 2011 Mavs & the 2019 Raptors.

I’m simply saying...the 2019 Raptors mirror the 2015 Warriors, in a lot of ways. And the 2003 Spurs won without what was considered top tier talent at that time too. So there were some more examples of that.

That’s simple man....and y’all being weird about it.

But carry on.

Yes. At the end of that season. But up until that point...Blake Griffin was considered the more talented player. Hell, Kevin Love was too.

People thought Jerry West was crazy for not trading Klay for Love. Love was seen as a better player in terms of TALENT. That what was being discussed here.

Tier
Talent

Draymond and Klay weren’t considered top tier talents in the league, during their run to their first championship. 100027 100027 had a conversation going about arm races for talent that each team made since the Boston big 3....and he went on to say how in his lifetime, only two teams won the chip without having assembled “top tier talent”. The 2011 Mavs & the 2019 Raptors.

I’m simply saying...the 2019 Raptors mirror the 2015 Warriors, in a lot of ways. And the 2003 Spurs won without what was considered top tier talent at that time too. So there were some more examples of that.

That’s simple man....and y’all being weird about it.

But carry on.

I really don't understand how this is hard to comprehend. It's like the original argument and comparison to the Mavs/Raptors completely got lost. And then Steph literally wasn't mentioned at all and then his biggest fans showed up to interject and **** went left :lol:

Who cares what they were considered the first 2 months of the season.

It’s a conversation about teams that won with teams that weren’t constructed with seemingly top tier talents. I think the teams of the past 20 years or so...that fit that are the 03 Spurs, 11 Mavs, 15 Warriors, 19 Raptors.

And I’m simply saying....the 15 Warriors and 19 Raptors have a lot of similarities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom