THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reggie Miller, the epitome of a player coming too soon. Reggie Miller taking 8 3’s a game, would of been a 25ppg type of player today. About 6 to 7 FTA per, 8 3’s a game, yep

the clips were solidly better than the Lakers that year stawp
Is this true? LAC got just 2 more regular season wins and split the season series. I don't remember them clearly head to head, but I remember the Clips definitely having a verve that year because of Cassell

Now with that said, that was the first time they had made the playoffs since 1997

Reggie Miller was a HoF shoo-in no matter how much you want to quibble over his stats:

1. He played on one franchise his whole career
2. That franchise was competitive the entire time
3. He’s the best player in the history of that franchise.

That’s going to get you in the hall. Pretty simple.

I think anti went too far saying Reggie doesn’t deserve to be in the HOF. I would however say agree with him that on a statistical and personal accomplishment basis they are very comparable but a few intangibles that you and others have been mentioned which tilt the narrative in Reggie’s favor.

I picked 1992-1993 at random for a comparison of the Pacers and Kings respective rosters -

DC1CD57E-5B3B-4E5A-80E7-125E865BB645.png
B0F0BE6B-DBAE-4A1F-86AF-662BF834A392.png

Feel free to discuss...

Interesting. Mitch (Kings 25-57) missed almost half that season while Reggie played all 82 (41-41). I’m gonna look at a couple others later.

Reggie Miller, the epitome of a player coming too soon. Reggie Miller taking 8 3’s a game, would of been a 25ppg type of player today. About 6 to 7 FTA per, 8 3’s a game, yep
I think he'd be able to get even more FTA's than that with all his tricks

Is this true? LAC got just 2 more regular season wins and split the season series. I don't remember them clearly head to head, but I remember the Clips definitely having a verve that year because of Cassell

Now with that said, that was the first time they had made the playoffs since 1997
2-2 during the regular season. Only 2 more wins. Plus the curse was still well in affect then. No way no how.

I am halfway bull ****ting tbh I was at the Kobe game where he was 40 in the second half lol

I do think the clippers win though. Playoff EB that year was really really good.

This I agree with Now. Didn’t at the time. Still don’t think he was “terrible” (well maybe :lol:) but it was a mess lol

No. Not terrible. But totally invested in winning with the DJ, CP and Blake core, so he only thought about roster construction in that way. And that’s why you end up with moves like trading a 1st round pick for Jeff Green mid-season.

No. Not terrible. But totally invested in winning with the DJ, CP and Blake core, so he only thought about roster construction in that way. And that’s why you end up with moves like trading a 1st round pick for Jeff Green mid-season.

1rd pick for 10 games of Jeff green haha smh coaches are just too close to the situation and they also just aren’t aware of what’s feasibly out there from a roster construction standpoint.

MJ in 93
MJ in 92
Bron in 16
Shaq in 01
Shaq in 00
Duncan in 03

Just off the top of my head
All great but I see no reason why wades isn't right there or even better than some. Shaq averaged 13. Bron and shaq both had teammates do some heavy lifting wade didn't have that level support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom