THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That narrative got blown out of proportion due to how much Cuban cried about it. When no one can guard you and there is no rim protecting that is what happens. I Kno we got a lot of Dallas folks on here tho easier to just blame the refs than accept responsibility

Man please we all watched the games. Wade shot more FTs in 06 than Shaq did in 00 and he Shaq was being intentionally fouled all the time.

It's magnified even more when you take into account how close 3 of the last 4 games were.

Miami won G3 by 2 points (Wade shot 18 FTs)
Miami won G5 by 1 point (Wade shot 25 FTs)
Miami won G6 by 3 points (Wade shot 21 FTs)

Last edited:
Man please we all watched the games. Wade shot more FTs in 06 than Shaq did in 00 and he Shaq was being intentionally fouled all the time.
Lol so? If he didnt have kobe he would have had even more but that still doesn't excuse Dallas for getting thoroughly deep fried. Just comparing free throw attempts without proper context is a lazy and ineffective way to analyze the game

Lol so? If he didnt have kobe he would have had even more but that still doesn't excuse Dallas for getting thoroughly deep fried. Just comparing free throw attempts without proper context is a lazy and ineffective way to analyze the game

So Wade goes from averaging 8 FTAs in rds 1 and 2 of the playoffs and 7 in the conference finals that season to SIXTEEN PER GAME in the NBA Finals on happenstance? And just so happens in critically close contests? What's the context? We all saw it G, the phantom fouls. That's where the D-Whistle moniker came from.

So Wade goes from averaging 8 FTAs in rds 1 and 2 of the playoffs and 7 in the conference finals that season to SIXTEEN PER GAME in the NBA Finals on happenstance? And just so happens in critically close contests? What's the context? We all saw it G, the phantom fouls. That's where the D-Whistle moniker came from.
Oh I remember and I'm not pretending he didn't get the benefit of the doubt on a few but that is what happens when the defense has no answer for you. He was far away the best player on the court in the series. Can't take that away from him just cause he shot more free throws which is the defenses fault. I don't remember all the east teams they beat that year but I know they played Detroit who we all know were much better on defense. Defense wins championships refs don't lose em. Nba fans need to stop making excuses for Dallas and respect wades performance that year as one of the best ever cause that's exactly what it was.

Oh I remember and I'm not pretending he didn't get the benefit of the doubt on a few but that is what happens when the defense has no answer for you. He was far away the best player on the court in the series. Can't take that away from him just cause he shot more free throws which is the defenses fault. I don't remember all the east teams they beat that year but I know they played Detroit who we all know were much better on defense. Defense wins championships refs don't lose em. Nba fans need to stop making excuses for Dallas and respect wades performance that year as one of the best ever cause that's exactly what it was.

Detroit DEFRTG 103.9(5th in NBA)
Dallas DEFRTG 105.7 (11th in NBA)
New Jersey DEFRTG 103.2 (4th in NBA)
Chicago DEFRTG 103.9 (6th in NBA)

Regular season DAL held him to 16 FTA combined in the 2 matchups.

This wasn't a bad defense this was the refs mostly on some crazy BS.

Last edited:
Detroit DEFRTG 103.9( 2nd in NBA)
Dallas DEFRTG 105.7 (3rd in NBA)

Regular season DAL held him to 16 FTA combined in the 2 matchups.

This wasn't a bad defense this was the refs mostly on some crazy BS.
I think we know better by now to compare playoff to regular season games. Miami was the tougher better team with the best player in the series. I tried to help y'all see the light but if u wanna hold on to excuses for a soft team I guess that is your right

Funny how everyone thinks Mitch Richmond was trash, but pretty much every great player praised him for lighting them up.
I think people view him as an "Empty Stats" dude that cooked for a majority of his career for a sorry team.

I get that thought process but what was he supposed to do? NOT cook? :lol:

He did what he could but he was just stuck in a bad situation.

Probably.
I will ALWAYS support players from here but I take for granted what people think of him on a National Level. Bill Simmons still might believe in Jeff Green. I know Russillo does. :lol:

But he really has every skill needed to be a great player but it just didn't happen for whatever reason.

He was a late bloomer so maybe that was part of it? NO idea man.

VARNELL HILL VARNELL HILL ?

If you actually watch the film, most of the calls were textbook fouls.

Mavs had bigger problems, like going zone for long stretches & getting out rebounded almost every game, continuing to treat Shaq like its 2001 even though Wade was significantly better by that point, & Dirk unable to figure out Haslem & Posey

I think people view him as an "Empty Stats" dude that cooked for a majority of his career for a sorry team.

I get that thought process but what was he supposed to do? NOT cook? :lol:

He did what he could but he was just stuck in a bad situation.

I get your argument, but do you expect people to treat his stats/accomplishments similarly as players on winning teams?

I will ALWAYS support players from here but I take for granted what people think of him on a National Level. Bill Simmons still might believe in Jeff Green. I know Russillo does. :lol:

But he really has every skill needed to be a great player but it just didn't happen for whatever reason.

He was a late bloomer so maybe that was part of it? NO idea man.

VARNELL HILL VARNELL HILL ?

To you, what's a great player? Jeff Green's lack of advanced handles, averageish first step, average post/mid-post game, inability to get to the free throw line at a good clip, etc. are the reasons why he never leveled up.

I get your argument, but do you expect people to treat his stats/accomplishments similarly as players on winning teams?
Nope. I don't EXPECT that at all.

I just think it is unfair to label certain dudes as producing empty stats when SOMEBODY has to put up stats on bad teams and SOMEBODY has to play for those bad teams.

It is just disrespectful and dismissive as if those dudes asked to be in those places. (Yes, some indirectly do, I know).

To you, what's a great player? Jeff Green's lack of advanced handles, averageish first step, average post/mid-post game, inability to get to the free throw line at a good clip, etc. are the reasons why he never leveled up.
I feel like the best version of Jeff Green could have been a 2-3 time All Star.

Not saying he would have been elite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom