THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh ok. For the sake of staying true to however you think you feel about Simmons, I would avoid them.

Eh, I’m capable of compartmentalizing.

I’m sure I could give him credit for producing some good TV content, while also thinking that he personally comes across on TV and in a lot of his writing as a smug know-it-all whose opinions are driven by a lot of evident biases.

I think Mel Gibson is a psycho, but I still think Braveheart was a great movie.

Eh, I’m capable of compartmentalizing.

I’m sure I could give him credit for producing some good TV content, while also thinking that he personally comes across on TV and in a lot of his writing as a smug know-it-all whose opinions are driven by a lot of evident biases.

I think Mel Gibson is a psycho, but I still think Braveheart was a great movie.
Respect for that. Honestly because most aren't able to do that.

I find what Harden's game has devolved into to be a crime against basketball.

but cmon he would be effective in any era with a 3 point line.

What has James Harden ever done to suggest he would duck TRUE physical contact?

Simply because he benefits from the refs being advised to make "soft" calls now?

I am failing to see the basis of that assumption.

To be clear, I'm not defending the point. I'm just trying to see his side of things and why he would imagine seeing that.

I don't watch enough Harden to answer your question regarding him ducking true physcial contact. However, I do think his statement was base don precisely what you stated - Harden benefits from the refs being advised to make "soft" calls now. The era Harden or Jordan shouldn't be held against them or used to prop them up but it has become abundantly clear over the past the few weeks that a lot of people are incapable of doing that so here we are.

Harden played with 2 scratched corneas. Eye think he would have been ok.

How does guys in the 1990s playing with migraines stack up against guys in the 2010s playing with two scratched corneas? I need some revisionts to address this...

However, I do think his statement was base don precisely what you stated - Harden benefits from the refs being advised to make "soft" calls now. The era Harden or Jordan shouldn't be held against them or used to prop them up but it has become abundantly clear over the past the few weeks that a lot of people are incapable of doing that so here we are.
Yea and that logic makes zero sense. James Harden can only perform within the regulations of the world in which he resides.

That has nothing to do with how he would perform in a fictional environment.

As with most Harden posts in this thread, it was put out there as a shot at him.

I find what Harden's game has devolved into to be a crime against basketball.

but cmon he would be effective in any era with a 3 point line.

These are harsher terms than I would have used, but yeah.

I don’t enjoy watching Harden play that much - don’t like all the dribbling, and reliance on drawing fouls. But to me there’s no dispute he has elite offensive skills coupled with great size and strength for a guard.

He plays how he does because he can. If the league all of a sudden dramatically changed how games are called, he’d adapt. At the end of the day, he can flat out hoop.

James Harden is the same size as Jordan after he decided to put on weight with better range on his shot. I find it hard to believe he would struggle in any era.

Maybe struggle to average 35+ in a post centric offense/league, but struggle to survive? Be an all-star? Make a WCF? We're talking about elite level shooting and athleticism from a guy 10+ years in the league. Changing eras won't change how good he is at playing basketball. The great ones adapt.

Bron is pulling from the logo now. Like come on bruh.

It's hard to look at Isiah's number and conclude he's the like the second or third greatest PG of all time like a lot of old timers seem to believe.

but given how difficult it was for small player to succeed...

I can imagine how incredible he must have seemed at the time.

Im willing to believe he's probably underrated by the advanced metrics, but still overrated by old timers.

The best offensive player on a team primarily built around defense always gets overrated.

He was a 20/10 guy on about 46% from the field for the entire 80s. Advanced stats don’t love him because he didn’t shoot 3s. So it kinda underrates him in a sense. But his raw numbers, and above average efficiency for a PG his size, and his workload Leads me to believe he was special. The old heads are right when they talk about Zeke.

He was THAT.

He was a 20/10 guy on about 46% from the field for the entire 80s. Advanced stats don’t love him because he didn’t shoot 3s. So it kinda underrates him in a sense. But his raw numbers, and above average efficiency for a PG his size, and his workload Leads me to believe he was special. The old heads are right when they talk about Zeke.

He was THAT.
And we have to stop this nonsense too man. :lol:

Stop holding, "Not shooting 3's" against players in eras that didn't love the shot as much as the league does today.

Harden and MDA could take a cue from MJ and Phil about adaptation.

eh, i think there's competing ideologies on not straying from what made you successful. I don't disagree that the rockets should be more open to diversifying the offense though.

sure, it doesn't really matter whose fault it is, I don't even blame harden.

I was a big fan of Harden's game, that kind what bums me out about it.

the rockets style of play is probably the most effective given their personnel, but it's essentially card counting basketball and that's no fun.

i think this is one of the more accurate descriptions of what houston does. essentially, we spread the floor, isolate the weakest defender, and continue to do that all game long with the thought process being: we'll likely get up enough 3s to win if we hit at a ___% pace. i don't always like it, but given the personnel we have, it's proven to be relatively successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom