THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ha yeah, I get what you mean.

im just making a larger point, people love to **** on the dudes from the 50's and 60's.

given the circumstances they were incredible.

Bill Russel grew up in the jim crow south, and still was a awesome athlete.

what do you think would happen if he was getting 3 square non segregated meals per day and wasn't getting poisoned by exposure to lead like most Americans at the time. :lol:

you consider Oakland in the jim crow south? wtf lol

Has there been any talk of Silver doing a 75th anniversary team next year? I belive they did 25th, 35th, and 50th anniversaries. If they go to 75 players, I’d be interested to see which players make it/get left off

Has there been any talk of Silver doing a 75th anniversary team next year? I belive they did 25th, 35th, and 50th anniversaries. If they go to 75 players, I’d be interested to see which players make it/get left off

Didn't they add ten more around the 60th? Or maybe it was at the end of the decade (2010).

GS was clearly superior w/o KD for a game and a quarter and Steph having maybe the worst half in his playoff career in the 1st half of game 6? After a year of "if only CP0 was healthy for Game 7". You get him fully there for the series AND GS is without their best player and clearly lesser supporting cast at a time where the series was up for grabs in both G5 and G6?

Or SA w/o Kawhi that year in G6. At some point y'all are just what you are a buncha chokers that even when given breaks will **** it up.

This is why I can't argue in good faith sometimes.

you know what really grinds my gears? the same people who devalue a player's career because of not winning a ring are the same people who whine & cry when players place themselves in the best position to win one.
Yep, can't have it both ways media/fans.

1588030468203.png

lol is this real?

GS was clearly superior w/o KD for a game and a quarter and Steph having maybe the worst half in his playoff career in the 1st half of game 6?

yes, golden state was clearly superior, even without KD for a game and steph having the worst half in his playoff career. why is that a difficult concept for you to grasp? the 2018-2019 core of steph, klay, kd, and dray was better as a collective than 2018-2019 harden, cp3, eric gordon, and pj tucker. if you put those 8 players in a pool before the series started and drafted them, you'd take 3, if not all 4, warriors before you took 2 rockets.

After a year of "if only CP0 was healthy for Game 7". You get him fully there for the series AND GS is without their best player and clearly lesser supporting cast at a time where the series was up for grabs in both G5 and G6?

2017-2018 cp3 was not 2018-2019 cp3. he was demonstrably worse his second season. the 2017-2018 team as a whole was much better than the 2018-2019 team as well. so yes, if cp3 was healthy in 2017-2018, i think we knock off the warriors. him being healthy in 2018-2019 doesn't have anything to do with the previous season. the fact that we lost to them in 2018-2019 with cp3 doesn't mean we would've lost to them in 2017-2018.

This is why I can't argue in good faith sometimes.

you don't argue in good faith because you can't reach the conclusion you want to that way.

yes, golden state was clearly superior, even without KD for a game and steph having the worst half in his playoff career. why is that a difficult concept for you to grasp? the 2018-2019 core of steph, klay, kd, and dray was better as a collective than 2018-2019 harden, cp3, eric gordon, and pj tucker. if you put those 8 players in a pool before the series started and drafted them, you'd take 3, if not all 4, warriors before you took 2 rockets.

2017-2018 cp3 was not 2018-2019 cp3. he was demonstrably worse his second season. the 2017-2018 team as a whole was much better than the 2018-2019 team as well. so yes, if cp3 was healthy in 2017-2018, i think we knock off the warriors. him being healthy in 2018-2019 doesn't have anything to do with the previous season. the fact that we lost to them in 2018-2019 with cp3 doesn't mean we would've lost to them in 2017-2018.

you don't argue in good faith because you can't reach the conclusion you want to that way.

🤣 Rockets fans on here must have been putting on a lotta false bravado during the last couple years then. Cause them damn sure wasn't the takes then. And I see you didn't address what happened with SA either but from your excuses Rockets were just lucky to be there.

He spent way more time growing up in the bay, including his college years.
and?

my point remains,

pre civil rights america, was a significantly worse place interns of childhood nutrition, and lead and mercury exposure, all things that have a big impact on future height, weight, cognitive develpment ect.

Phil is a real interesting guy :lol:

EWnGVOIXkAI5C9E

EWk14rEXYAEzJap

EUy-VmjWsAQPU8V

Craziest thing I learned was being part of those 2 chip winning Knicks squads :wow:
Phil is a boss man. That episode was all about the defining lines between goodness and greatness. Which is something Phil understood better than ever how to bridge. Replacing Collins with Phil was a bet on going from good to great. Then Phil replaces the entire offense because he knows good isn’t good enough. And tells the best player in the league that he has to change to be great and convinced him and shows him how.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom