THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya'll would be fine because ya'll have a really strong starting five that can produce more if one of the top players goes out not because there's a lot of talent on the bench.

When Embiid goes to the bench we now have Horford to slide down to the 5 and take those minutes and KOQ to back him up behind that. Hell of an improvement over immobile dudes like Amir and Boban. We brought back our two most important bench pieces in Scott and Ennis and added Thybulle (whose been really impressive with his shooting and defense) and Zhaire who will also help a ton with his athleticism and defense. Trey Burke was needed as a scorer off the bench and Neto is probably an improvement over TJ especially shooting wise.

White conservatives being fake mad at the NBA players/Kerr (whom they’ve always truly hated for speaking correctly about race issues 80% of the league is familiar with in their day to day lives/history)....and them not being well versed in what’s going on in China is wild.

It’s the red meat they’re looking for, to conveniently try to label the NBA as “hypocrites”. They really, really hate Outspoken black players who aren’t afraid to speak out on issues they’re are familiar with...and progressive whites like Pop/Kerr who correctly call out the American BS. This social media backlash is wild watching them rush to label real perspectives and solid stances as “fake woke”. A word they stumbled onto in 2017 :lol:. All too muddy the waters, so they can pull this China thing out to reinforce the “shut up and dribble” ****.

I hate it :lol: :smh:.

But wait, before the NBA got brought into this, weren’t all these same white conservatives out in front saying, “what’s happening in Hong Kong is terrible, the US as a country shouldn’t stand for it”? They were, right?

#YesSarcasm...:smh:

White conservatives being fake mad at the NBA players/Kerr (whom they’ve always truly hated for speaking correctly about race issues 80% of the league is familiar with in their day to day lives/history)....and them not being well versed in what’s going on in China is wild.

It’s the red meat they’re looking for, to conveniently try to label the NBA as “hypocrites”. They really, really hate Outspoken black players who aren’t afraid to speak out on issues they’re are familiar with...and progressive whites like Pop/Kerr who correctly call out the American BS. This social media backlash is wild watching them rush to label real perspectives and solid stances as “fake woke”. A word they stumbled onto in 2017 :lol:. All too muddy the waters, so they can pull this China thing out to reinforce the “shut up and dribble” ****.

Pretty much. It’s just all done on bad faith. Detracting on the work done against racists in America because people don’t have a stance on foreign issues.

Also, I actually think that BI might be the one that I would want coming off bench for New Orleans.

Start Jrue/Lonzo/JJ/Zion/Favors. Hide JJ on whoever the worst opposing player is. Let BI be the primary ball handler for second unit where he could potentially thrive more.

Also, I actually think that BI might be the one that I would want coming off bench for New Orleans.

Start Jrue/Lonzo/JJ/Zion/Favors. Hide JJ on whoever the worst opposing player is. Let BI be the primary ball handler for second unit where he could potentially thrive more.

Yeah, that would work. But EGO and mental toughness is real. Contract year, he wants to start for sure.

One of the only players we might disagree on. Numbers don't tell the whole tale with him. #1 pick of course not but.....he made some crazy perfect passes yesterday and his head up in transition created some great opportunities for teammates.

Playing with Jrue is going to help him out a lot. He’s going to be alright though. As long as every agrees he’s light skinned Rubio

Last edited:
Yeah, that would work. But EGO and mental toughness is real. Contract year, he wants to start for sure.
I hear that. I just don't think you can really afford to have JJ and his shooting on the bench when you have Zion, Favors, and Ball out there.

BI is most effective when he gets to play that Giannis role, but he just isn't really good enough for a team to fully give him the reins like that though.

Brobro, its like the Kap situation never happened...

Jrue really is the perfect compliment to Zo in the backcourt.

I'm not convinced Zo's shot is vastly improved. We've seen him go on hot and cold streaks too many times.

Zion needs to work with JJ (or someone) on his shot. Dude looks like he's just throwing the ball at the basket on his jumpers. Even without a jumper, he's going to basically walk into 15 pts a night just based off of his athleticism/strength/body control.

I think this is Zion's best play from last night. Catches the ball by the free throw line on the right side of the hoop, and it's just casually a layup on the other side of the hoop after one dribble.

Taking copious notes on all this Ingram slander by the way. Kid wasn't even cleared for any type of physical activity until last month. Should lead the pelicans in scoring this year

This is even more funny when you remember that KD wanted melo on the nets. Melo played for the Knicks in KD's lifetime

Really trying to figure out what was the rationale for y'all really thinking Zo wasn't going to start?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom