THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I said yesterday. There's not much that's "equal opportunity" in the triangle but eh.

Was anyone from Phil’s coaching tree who ran the triangle as a HC successful? Not that I can recall. Jim Cleamons, Kurt Rambis, Brian Shaw all didn’t make it. Am I missing anyone?

Well, it's difficult to give out credit to players for the additional success that they attain, when they didn't have to get better for that new success.

It's like someone not being able to beat a video game on the default (medium) setting, so they set the difficulty to easy and beat the game. More success without having to improve, and looking for the same credit had they beat the game on medium :smh:

Eh terrible comparison. That’s like saying every player has an equal chance to win a chip at all times then.
And why the hell should he of stayed with Westbrook who was a black hole for that team when they didn’t need him to be.

Do you really believe LeBron didn't get better in Miami when he won two rings?
Who said anything about Lebron?
Eh terrible comparison. That’s like saying every player has an equal chance to win a chip at all times then.
We're not talking about every player, we're talking about great players.

And no, they don't all start with an "equal" chance. COLD WORLD.

Who said anything about Lebron?

We're not talking about every player, we're talking about great players.

And no, they don't all start with an "equal" chance. COLD WORLD.
"Who said anything about Lebron"
"We're talking about great players"
1588039855017.png

And yeah, they don't, so they have every right to put themselves in a better situation to win. Why should he do what YOU want him to do? You "win the right way dudes" can be the worst :lol: Y'all forgot these people are human beings
I was critical of him when he made the move but Christ :lol: Dude played at a level that was championship worthy and got his rings.

Think it's checkout time for me on the thread today

"Who said anything about Lebron"
"We're talking about great players"
1588039855017.png

And yeah, they don't, so they have every right to put themselves in a better situation to win. Why should he do what YOU want him to do? You "win the right way dudes" can be the worst :lol: Y'all forgot these people are human beings
I was critical of him when he made the move but Christ :lol: Dude played at a level that was championship worthy and got his rings.

Think it's checkout time for me on the thread today
Now you're putting text in my replies.

I never claimed anyone has to do what I want, nor anything about winning the "right way". I also didn't suggest I was thinking of any player in particular.

Apparently, something I said triggered a cape for LeBron. I wonder why?

I think the biggest “issue” with the rockets is that they’re trying to win a chip w/o Whi KD Bron or Steph on their roster. They are clearly the chip movers of this era so given that, the analytic approach makes total sense

the thing with that though is that the data Derived from results vs the field not vs the warriors Or an elite team in a small sample size in which randomness and chaos can happen and end your season.

you know what really grinds my gears? the same people who devalue a player's career because of not winning a ring are the same people who whine & cry when players place themselves in the best position to win one.
This one?

I don't see "LeBron James" there. Do you?

If it was a post before this, forgive me, this was the first one i saw.

Now you're putting text in my replies.

I never claimed anyone has to do what I want, nor anything about winning the "right way". I also didn't suggest I was thinking of any player in particular.

Apparently, something I said triggered a cape for LeBron. I wonder why?

Cape? We were saying he did the same thing and you said "we're talking about great players." He did something similar. I don't think you know what caping is.

I think the biggest “issue” with the rockets is that they’re trying to win a chip w/o Whi KD Bron or Steph on their roster. They are clearly the chip movers of this era so given that, the analytic approach makes total sense

the thing with that though is that the data Derived from results vs the field not vs the warriors Or an elite team in a small sample size in which randomness and chaos can happen and end your season.

In your opinion, if they somehow got pass the dubs in any of the times they played, would they have beaten Bron in the finals?

Don’t disagree, but Harden has the tools to be one of those kind of players. Someone who can get off a make-able shot at all times. Rejecting the mid-range game has done him a disservice.

Don’t disagree, but Harden has the tools to be one of those kind of players. Someone who can get off a make-able shot at all times. Rejecting the mid-range game has done him a disservice.

We were starting to see a slight resurgence of the midrange this season, hope it trends upward. Warriors really changed everyone's game up for a minute.

Cape? We were saying he did the same thing and you said "we're talking about great players." He did something similar. I don't think you know what caping is.
I couldn't have said he did anything, I never mentioned ANY player. My statement in regards to "great players" was to weed out nonsensical Robert Horry/Steve Kerr angles when it comes to rings.

Did I come in in the middle of a conversation? If so, my mistake.

We were starting to see a slight resurgence of the midrange this season, hope it trends upward. Warriors really changed everyone's game up for a minute.

They did, but when KD was there and they really needed a bucket, guess what he did? Yep.

Ehhh, based on what? Like what have you seen that makes you believe harden could be in that tier?

IMO he’s not the shooter those guys are from midrange or 3, and you just look at his playoff run in Houston and while he’s certainly has had his moments, he’s clearly proven to be inferior than those guys when it matters.

having the tools, I mean...at some point you gotta show and prove

Last edited:
Ehhh, based on what? Like what have you seen that makes you believe harden could be in that tier?

IMO he’s not the shooter those guys are from midrange or 3, and you just look at his playoff run in Houston and while he’s certainly has had his moments, he’s clearly proven to be inferior than those guys when it matters.

You’re right, but I think the reason for that is more approach to the game than ability. And it may be that Harden just doesn’t have the clutch gene on the same level as others, but he has the ability and skills to be that guy. Whether he has the psyche is a fair question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom