THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: You can take the mil liquid and flip it tenfold too without having to repay. Is the cash dirty and come with a negative credit score or something? Does that 850 credit score change my name and race on an application too?

What exactly does "flip it" mean? Are you starting other businesses or offer loans to others at a higher rate and making a profit that way? In what way would you not have to repay the money? lol, it's still a loan.

Last edited:

The whole concept of "Active management" & "Alpha" is pointless for most people but you didn't hear it from me. Passive wins almost every metric every time.

The whole thing?!
Sounds way more complicated than it is. You can buy an ETF such as SPY (https://www.ssga.com/us/en/institutional/etfs/funds/spdr-sp-500-etf-trust-spy) which is exposure to the S&P500.

Speaking of money, something happened to me Saturday in the parking lot at work that I swear I never believe when I read other people say it happened to them, so I'm sure some of you won't believe this.

We all know the color of money, very familiar, very distinct kind of a mint green color. We see a piece of paper on the floor with that money color, what do you automatically think? 'Somebody lost $1, maybe a $5 if I'm lucky.' You look around, see if someone else is running up to it, or if someone is literally counting money in the very near vicinity and maybe it blew away from them.

I walk out to the parking lot Saturday night, and I see a piece of paper on the floor in that mint green color. Immediately start walking towards it and looking around. Not a soul in sight. Parking lot completely empty. I bend down to pick it up remembering this one time at Walmart the same thing happened and it was half of a $1 bill and 3 teenage boys standing at the entrance of the Walmart laughing at people who bent down to pick it up, like I did. That ran through my mind real quick, but I still followed through, looking around. Literally NO ONE.

Bruh, that damn thing was a $100 bill, sweatergawd. 🤙🤷‍♂️ Now, I work at a hotel under the Hilton umbrella, and the people staying here, I mean, well, the cars are pretty nice, we'll just say that. So I don't know who was counting money or stuffing money in their purse and lost a $100 bill, but something about one man's trash...

The whole concept of "Active management" & "Alpha" is pointless for most people but you didn't hear it from me. Passive wins almost every metric every time.

This is good to hear! When I first got a 401K, I picked the “long-term, steady growth” option and really haven’t looked back since. Doesn’t get much more passive than that... :lol:

Why borrow a mil that you'll need to pay back with interest when you can just have a mil and still flip that? I've had money in the bank (nowhere near a mil though for any of you stick up kids) and I've had a good credit score and I didn't have them at the same time. I'd trade in my credit score for every dollar back. When you got money you don't need credit.

Sadly enough, the more money people have, the more debt they incur. Banks are willing to lend money to people who have it.

Got money to buy a Honda cash? Why not get a Telsa on credit then?

Your calculations show that you can afford a 600k mortgage but the bank approved you for 800k? Why not go for the 800k house.

Most people don't have the discipline to live within their means, especially when the consumerism culture a d how easy it is to get a higher mine of credit when you have the cash.

This is good to hear! When I first got a 401K, I picked the “long-term, steady growth” option and really haven’t looked back since. Doesn’t get much more passive than that... :lol:
That sounds like a target fund and its a bit of both but even still you're fine. People are their own worst enemy when it comes to this kind of thing. My 401k is 100% in the S&P 500 and I doubt I ever change it to anything else. I tried to be cute about it and I lost to the index 5 years straight.

I have a fidelity account that I trade in but I'm a firm believer in keeping your retirement stuff super simple.

1593441953598.png

So it appears that Spencer Dinwiddie is an idiot?

Speaking of money, something happened to me Saturday in the parking lot at work that I swear I never believe when I read other people say it happened to them, so I'm sure some of you won't believe this.

We all know the color of money, very familiar, very distinct kind of a mint green color. We see a piece of paper on the floor with that money color, what do you automatically think? 'Somebody lost $1, maybe a $5 if I'm lucky.' You look around, see if someone else is running up to it, or if someone is literally counting money in the very near vicinity and maybe it blew away from them.

I walk out to the parking lot Saturday night, and I see a piece of paper on the floor in that mint green color. Immediately start walking towards it and looking around. Not a soul in sight. Parking lot completely empty. I bend down to pick it up remembering this one time at Walmart the same thing happened and it was half of a $1 bill and 3 teenage boys standing at the entrance of the Walmart laughing at people who bent down to pick it up, like I did. That ran through my mind real quick, but I still followed through, looking around. Literally NO ONE.

Bruh, that damn thing was a $100 bill, sweatergawd. 🤙🤷‍♂️ Now, I work at a hotel under the Hilton umbrella, and the people staying here, I mean, well, the cars are pretty nice, we'll just say that. So I don't know who was counting money or stuffing money in their purse and lost a $100 bill, but something about one man's trash...
I found $200 dollars in an apartment I booked on agoda . It was just in a drawer in the bed side table. Dinner was on me. **** was the largest amount of money I ever found.

i worked seasonal at macys during christmas almost a decade ago... i was getting lunch with two of my coworkers and one of them was like ayo money is on the ground im a pick it up... i didnt believe my coworker at first but it was like 500 cash... i thought it was a setup cuz it was crowded around that time... my coworker was like you want some... i was like ya give me 200 all casually not thinking he would give me any... he gave me 200 and i put it in my crotch as if it was some drugs i was trying to hide lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom