THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zeke and Nash ahead of Curry? You must mean that they played in the league ahead of Curry, right? That’s really the only way I can make sense of your post
Naw maybe you didn't see Isaiah play
Way better career than Curry
Played both ends of the floor and made tough shots in the Finals

4 yrs passed and steph maintained that level of play
greatest ever :nthat:

Too bad that summer he proceeded to have the biggest choke job in the history of the sport and have another guy come in and become the best player on his team.

Dude's really believe Curry is the greatest PG ever?
Nah. 2nd. Although, he changed the whole game. From now on.

Definitely gains some points for impact on the sport.

In terms of accolades, Magic is 1. Then Dell. Nobody else is close imo. Curry more special than anyone after him.

Bigger than getting locked up by JJ barea? Hush up

Yes, blowing a 3-1 lead in the finals was worse than what Lebby did in 11. Especially coming off the season Curry had where everybody was ready to crown him and he threw it all away.

Bigger than getting locked up by JJ barea? Hush up

that warriors team choking is the biggest upset ever in nba history to me

i believe they were perfect at home that year, they had 2 home girls of the final 3

now in sports in general there are bigger in game or in race upsets to me.. like patriots coming back from being 28-3 with the time that was left was just improbable.. or the US men winning the gold medal in the 4 x 100 freestyle after being behind going in the final leg vs France with France having the world record holder anchoring

Curry didn't change the game
Steve Nash was hitting deep 3s when he was in Dallas and in Phoenix
Back then Barkley said the Mavericks were a rec ball team because all they did was shoot a bunch of 3s

To me, Steve Nash is like marshall Faulk.. yes they had great offensive coaches and were in great offenses

but I can only imagine what both would have done in today’s games with rule changes and generally being smarter in both sports.. basketball is better with analytics but both have greatly improved

Curry didn't change the game
Steve Nash was hitting deep 3s when he was in Dallas and in Phoenix
Back then Barkley said the Mavericks were a rec ball team because all they did was shoot a bunch of 3s

Nash never attempted 5 3's a game in a season. Steph's lowest attempt in a season is Nash's career high, he's hit 10 a game for 3 seasons and 9.8 once. Just because Nash could shoot deep 3's has nothing to do with changing the game.
Nash is one of the greatest shooters ever and in this era if he was more aggressive shooting he'd kill it, but it is what it is.

I've been around young players in both Nash and Curry's prime and none of them were modeling their game off Nash, now they all want to play like Steph.

Steve Nash definitely didn't deserve both if even 1 but I just looked up his numbers because I haven't in forever and holy **** his 3pt percentages in some of his prime years are ridiculous. His percentages in general really. I remember him being a great shooter but wow. Four 50/40/90 seasons.
White Hope.

that warriors team choking is the biggest upset ever in nba history to me

i believe they were perfect at home that year, they had 2 home girls of the final 3

now in sports in general there are bigger in game or in race upsets to me.. like patriots coming back from being 28-3 with the time that was left was just improbable.. or the US men winning the gold medal in the 4 x 100 freestyle after being behind going in the final leg vs France with France having the world record holder anchoring

The greatest shooter of all time went 37% from the field, 36% from 3 in that choke job.

Tantrum in game 6 getting ejected

And Game 7 was just a comedy of errors.

It was bad, Michael Jackson bad!

Last edited:
Nash never attempted 5 3's a game in a season. Steph's lowest attempt in a season is Nash's career high, he's hit 10 a game for 3 seasons and 9.8 once. Just because Nash could shoot deep 3's has nothing to do with changing the game.
Nash is one of the greatest shooters ever and in this era if he was more aggressive shooting he'd kill it, but it is what it is.

I've been around young players in both Nash and Curry's prime and none of them were modeling their game off Nash, now they all want to play like Steph.
So ask yourself why weren't players already shooting more 3s?
Because the coaches wouldn't allow it
Steve Kerr "changed" the game because he let his shooters shoot

Chris Mullins, Reggie Miller, Dell Curry, Steve Smith, Glenn Robinson, Mahmoud Rauf
If those dudes had the green light to jack from wherever they wanted too the results would be the same as Steph Curry's

Dude's really believe Curry is the greatest PG ever?
Unfortunately yes, there are some lost souls that need to repent.

On NT or outside of NT? I thought during quarantine there was a general consensus that at the point Steph was #2 on the PG list.

id also rank Nash ahead of steph

Do you rank both of them ahead of Steph on both the PG list AND All-Time list?

So ask yourself why weren't players already shooting more 3s?
Because the coaches wouldn't allow it
Steve Kerr "changed" the game because he let his shooters shoot

Chris Mullins, Reggie Miller, Dell Curry, Steve Smith, Glenn Robinson, Mahmoud Rauf
If those dudes had the green light to jack from wherever they wanted too the results would be the same as Steph Curry's

Steph was shooting more 3's a game in a season than Nash ever did before Kerr got there. (including his rookie year)
Try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom