THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They didn't throw at him. They threw at the next batter. I have no idea why this is such a big deal. This is a pretty common practice in baseball and sports in the general :lol: :smh:

It's really not all that different than ****** getting fake mad in the NBA when the team up 30 windmills off the backboard to beat the game glock in the 4th...so they gotta "check em".

Of course basketball has it's versions of "unwritten rules" based on the idea of sportsmanship.
I honestly didn't know it was the 8th inning however I still think it's a joke that they threw at a batter

Is the batter supposed to take a strike, and then all of a sudden its ok to swing at the next pitch? That doesn't make any sense

Excerpt from some random ESPN article:

If Tatis had crushed a first-pitch fastball or even a 2-0 fastball, nobody would raise an eyebrow. But because it was 3-0 he has somehow, what, destroyed the integrity of the game?

In basketball if the opposing team lays off its defense because time is ending and they're literally conceding and a guy goes up for a fancy dunk or tries to launch a 3-- that's just not a good look. Objectively speaking. If guys were to jaw at the player I wouldn't necessarily agree with it but I'd understand it. In baseball you can't just concede you have to keep playing

idk it seems like baseball's unwritten rules gets a lot more coverage than any other sport. Dudes get in their feelings and it becomes an actual news story

I honestly didn't know it was the 8th inning however I still think it's a joke that they threw at a batter

Is the batter supposed to take a strike, and then all of a sudden its ok to swing at the next pitch? That doesn't make any sense

Excerpt from some random ESPN article:

If Tatis had crushed a first-pitch fastball or even a 2-0 fastball, nobody would raise an eyebrow. But because it was 3-0 he has somehow, what, destroyed the integrity of the game?

In basketball if the opposing team lays off its defense because time is ending and they're literally conceding and a guy goes up for a fancy dunk or tries to launch a 3-- that's just not a good look. Objectively speaking. If guys were to jaw at the player I wouldn't necessarily agree with it but I'd understand it. In baseball you can't just concede you have to keep playing

idk it seems like baseball's unwritten rules gets a lot more coverage than any other sport. Dudes get in their feelings and it becomes an actual news story

I don’t agree with it either but they felt the game was decided and he was pouring it on. It’s like an NBA player shooting or dunking with 5 seconds left when the defense isn’t trying because they’re expecting the offense to run out the clock. Didn’t that cause a huge fight in ncaa last year? :lol:
-edit-
This play :lol:

or when Jamal Murray did this and Lakers/lakers fans lost their minds

I don’t agree with it either but they felt the game was decided and he was pouring it on. It’s like an NBA player shooting or dunking with 5 seconds left when the defense isn’t trying because they’re expecting the offense to run out the clock. Didn’t that cause a huge fight in ncaa last year? :lol:

or when Jamal Murray did this and Lakers/lakers fans lost their minds

Yeah I get that honestly, I even mentioned that in my post. I'm saying in baseball you can't just shut it down, you can't concede like you can at the end of a basketball game

Plus as I mentioned, you take 1 strike. Then what. It becomes ok to swing next pitch? :lol: you can't just not swing. If he swung on first pitch or 2-0 it's a non story

In basketball when you try to clown the defense who's already stopped playing that's not a great look. I don't care personally but I would understand the immediate negative reaction of the players

Then again a separate point I made was that the Unwritten Rules in baseball seem to come up more frequently than any other sport. You got news coverage on it and articles upon articles written about if players are going too far or if it's against the sanctity of the game

The Denver/Lakers thing was def a blow up but it didn't spark nationwide questioning about the unwritten rules or the integrity of the game... unless I missed it lol

Reactions: HIM
Yeah I get that honestly, I even mentioned that in my post. I'm saying in baseball you can't just shut it down, you can't concede like you can at the end of a basketball game

Plus as I mentioned, you take 1 strike. Then what. You swing :lol: you can't just not swing. If he swung on first pitch or 2-0 it's a non story

In basketball when you try to clown the defense who's already stopped playing that's not a great look. I don't care personally but I would understand the immediate negative reaction of the players

Then again a separate point I made was that the Unwritten Rules in baseball seem to come up more frequently than any other sport. You got news coverage on it and articles upon articles written about if players are going too far or if it's against the sanctity of the game

The Denver/Lakers thing was def a blow up but it didn't spark nationwide questioning about the unwritten rules or the integrity of the game... unless I missed it lol

you gotta remember 99% of former MLBers and 50% of current MLBers are essentially male Karens. I’m all for the disrespectful celebrations. And I’m equally all for beaning a guy. It’s a part of the game :lol:

you gotta remember 99% of former MLBers and 50% of current MLBers are essentially male Karens. I’m all for the disrespectful celebrations. And I’m equally all for beaning a guy. It’s a part of the game :lol:
In my initial outrage post this is essentially what I'm insinuating... lot of these dudes are Karens lol

The beaning is fair game below neck but I guess the intent is still what gets me. Cuz the intent is out of male Karen roots lol

• Haha
Reactions: HIM
EfwgTy9VoAA4GWi

Last edited:
Hope that POS cop loses his ****in job but he won’t.

MLB struggles from white entitlement and white fragility. They mad as **** black and Latinos taking over their once great American Sport. **** em

What tf am I reading in Major League Baseball? These trash *** mother****ers mad at some player because he's swinging on 3-0 pitches??!? Citing he's breaking the Unwritten Rules. LMFAOOOOOOO. They threw at him next at bat. Trash *** league acting like females out there year round. Last thing I recall was when dude was flipping his bat and everyone wanted to act like *****es

It's kinda wild how the NBA has mostly avoided **** like this. MAGA NFL is trash. Diva *** Female MLB is trash

The worst part of the situation is Tatis' manager not defending him. Imagine the manager of a baseball team saying it's better to get out than hit a homer.

Then last night, the Padres had a 6-0 lead & Tatis stole third base :lol:

Best SS in baseball. Most exciting player in baseball. Let the kids play.

The thing that pisses me off the most with the Masai situation is that he had his defining moment ruined. All that hard work that went into winning that and it was taken from him. Even if he wins another title the feeling of joy winning your first championship is forever tainted by that pos cop. I honestly hope that pos loses everything he owns and eventually takes his own life.

The thing that pisses me off the most with the Masai situation is that he had his defining moment ruined. All that hard work that went into winning that and it was taken from him. Even if he wins another title the feeling of joy winning your first championship is forever tainted by that pos cop. I honestly hope that pos loses everything he owns and eventually takes his own life.
bit of a stretch saying that thats his defining moment already

Somebody need to dig in that cops background. He didn't hesitate to get physical in a arena in front of thousands of people, cameras, phones everywhere. Ain't no telling what he's done to people out on the street.

bit of a stretch saying that thats his defining moment already

He’s got great things brewing with Giants of Africa and is probably going to be the African league commissioner someday but I’d say turning around a perennial loser franchise and winning a nba title is one.

Somebody need to dig in that cops background. He didn't hesitate to get physical in a arena in front of thousands of people, cameras, phones everywhere. Ain't no telling what he's done to people out on the street.

Apparently that whole pd has a long history of racism, even the sheriff backed up this officer’s claims.

Heard the assistant coach from Utah the Knicks just hired is well connected with players

Besides the obvious Donovan angle I guess he’s close to dame too

I mean it’s a long shot but still

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom