THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For Westbrook to miss pivotal games like this, he must be really hurt. Bill Simmons said that he's heard that Westbrook isn't that close to returning.

They need Westbrook to win this series and if he's isn't ready for next round, the Rockets might get swept by the Lakers

Funny that Brown thanked pretty much everyone EXCEPT the Colangelo cronies who were still around. Gave big praise to the Ol Skool Chevy EB. Combine that with the Woj tweets and more shake up shows that Cohen and Rucker and probably the next to go if not 100% removed in team decisions (everything on EB).

As mediocre as a coach Brown is, he’s a damn good guy

I really do wish him the best, but his time with Philly was up two years ago. I don't mind if Brand stays as president of basketball operations, but hire a GM for god's sake.

1598320137939.gif

You need more smileys, my guy. One more would put it over the top.

Your entire spiel is based on some conjured up situation where I watch YouTube mixtape highlights. Do better, sir. :lol:
Lol nah, we both know you don’t have any substance to why you think Lamelo will be any good. All I read was blah blah blah. Quick! now try to scour the internet to come up with something so you look like you kinda know what you are talking about! And as you requested, another smiley 😂

Long story short, Harris is listening and will make changes including getting rid of the Colangelo holdovers

SN: Bruce Bowen bringing up a story from 3 years ago to **** on Embiid after we’ve seen him take accountability amongst himself to be better is a bad look JUST to support Brett Brown. Especially when Brett never went directly to Ben to have him shoot, we went to everywhere else (ie media)

I wonder if anyone will be dumb enough to take on that Horford deal.
Man I can't see that...Philly would really have to reward the other team and that certainly isn't going to make them better. Brand signed him because he loves him as a player and a person without any regard of team fit or even the fact that Horford was already a declining player. They are gonna pay for that one for a while.

That Horford deal was surprisingly well received in here at first.

****** were GASSING "the biggest lineup of all time".
I remember saying something along the lines of their defense is going to be very good, but their offense is going to make zero sense for modern basketball.

Ended up being right about the offense, but the defense wasn't even particularly good.

Mad disingenuous lol

But how many times do I have to say Brand wasn’t the only one with input. It was a collaborative front office that still included Colangelo’s guys, guys who were around when Simmons was drafted. Brown had input, Eversly/Cohen/Rucker all had input and all them had more sway than Brand up until last December

Brand was the meat shield to take blame for bad moves (look at what we have here). Funny thing is that everyone knows this and the front office changes with Brand leading it means no more input from the other guys.

Everyone takes blame but to say all this is 100% on Brand ain’t the move. Blame Silver for appointing Jerry Colangelo in the first place to take over

That Horford deal was surprisingly well received in here at first.

****** were GASSING "the biggest lineup of all time".

had no idea why some folks thought this year’s sixers were going to be better than the squad they had last year with Jimmy and Reddick. The squad last year was far superior on paper and on the court

had no idea why some folks thought this year’s sixers were going to be better than the squad they had last year with Jimmy and Reddick. The squad last year was far superior on paper and on the court
We all thought Simmons would shoot lmao

Butler alone would have still made last years team better.

I wonder if anyone will be dumb enough to take on that Horford deal.
Problem is the Sixers don't have any good draft capital to attach to Horford. Feel like the best they can do is ship Al out for some lesser players that have contracts which expire before his. The issue with that though is that they are going to be operating over the cap with max deals for Embiid/Simmons/Harris and whatever Josh Richardson makes, and wouldn't be able to add anything else if they just lose Horford's salary.

Problem is the Sixers don't have any good draft capital to attach to Horford. Feel like the best they can do is ship Al out for some lesser players that have contracts which expire before his. The issue with that though is that they are going to be operating over the cap with max deals for Embiid/Simmons/Harris and whatever Josh Richardson makes, and wouldn't be able to add anything else if they just lose Horford's salary.
Richardson is an expiring we can attach with Al

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom