THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s been 12 years man lol

CA6C2CCE-2C67-4EAD-95A2-D98B10648298.gif

I'm just picturing Ben and Joel being introduced to Andrew Wiggins and Poor Man's Michael Carter-Williams and can't stop laughing :lol:

Embiid already had to play with Wiggins once too.

I definitely think DLO is a better trade chip still and they could have worked out something better then what they probably will end up with if they deal Wiggins. I just don't get the trade still. Maybe they really do want to keep Wiggins long term.

The #2 pick and Wiggins is too much for Horford and JOSH Richardson honestly. At least the Wiggins contract goes through the middle of Wiggins prime and Horfords deal goes as he continues to decline. Wiggins isn't great to be sure but he'll score his 20. Horford will be useless by the end of his deal as much as I liked him during his heyday. Richardson is nice but not worth the #2 overall pick even in a weak draft. Especially since he could walk after next year. Just doesn't make a ton of sense to me personally.

The #2 pick and Wiggins is too much for Horford and JOSH Richardson honestly. At least the Wiggins contract goes through the middle of Wiggins prime and Horfords deal goes as he continues to decline. Wiggins isn't great to be sure but he'll score his 20. Horford will be useless by the end of his deal as much as I liked him during his heyday. Richardson is nice but not worth the #2 overall pick even in a weak draft. Especially since he could walk after next year. Just doesn't make a ton of sense to me personally.
I agree with this too. Doesn't really make much sense either way.

His public appearances show a know it all Bostonian who gets the benefit of the doubt at every turn. The teams that played hard for him were filled with players playing hard for their careers. When given talent, he could not motivate players to play with consistent effort. If he were a players coach they'd play hard.

You already touched on his stubbornness with gameplan which was also never consistent. So he generally failed at tactics.

What good things are left to say about him?

Unless you know him in real life, how can you speak to his character? Players don't explicitly speak poorly of coaches im general so idk how that can be used as evidence.
Not sure why you’re quoting me. For the years I’ve watched BB coach the team and interact with the city I can’t formulate a general opinion on dude? The basis for my original post is the sentiment that most people in philly share, which is that BB did what he could but at the end of the day just wasn’t successful or cut out for the job, which doesn’t take away from who he is or how he conducted himself as a professional (which generally was perceived as positive for the most part).

The Jay Wright speculation just seems forced, media grasping for straws and using the whole local and successful angle to make sense of it. The basketball reasons for him to leave Nova just don’t add up, sixers are a mess, roster built the complete opposite of how he recruits at nova, and he wouldn’t necessarily be making the calls on roster construction. I think Ty Lue is the most realistic option and would be the best fit for Joel and Ben.

I’m leaning towards Lue as well. Recall him saying he wanted to coach a young team instead of one with vets.

Dark horse is still Ime Udoka, especially if Ben and Jo put in a word

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom