THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the point is they are immediately cashing in off of a tragedy. Folks would like a keepsake piece of memorabilia to remember Kobe and greedy people are going to take advantage of that. It's in poor taste.
I get that too but all sports memorabilia prices go up after a death .It is not something new.

These were my first pair of Kobe's .... I never saw them on the east coast so had to get them from San Diego. It's only 1 of 2 pair of Kobes I ever had and still have in pristine conditions.
Screenshot_20200128-100259_Google.jpg

I was holding out on the Carpe Diem 4s since they released because I thought I could get them for cheap. Now I either can't find them for retail in my size or I got to pay a jacked up price. :smh:

I couldn't stand dude for the longest. Roughly between '96-'03, I was a full-blown HATER. He wanted to be Mike SOOO BAD. Could tell he studied game tapes, interviews and every second of "Come Fly With Me", "MJ's Playground" and "Airtime". His bravado came off as so pretentious. He even limped like the man. I hated on him so much...because I wasn't him lol. He was just a kid, and just like millions of other kids, including myself, he studied the Goat relentlessly. Unlike millions of other kids, including myself, his work ethic matched and even eclipsed all the star-gazing. After all the off-court struggles, I really took a liking to the way he attacked the game. I became a fan, not of the Lakers (NEVER), but of him. When i started looking into what was made public of his life, small parallels to my own became apparent. His decision to go pro created a historical overlap in time for the torch to be passed, not only from the Goat to him, but also from Mamba to LeBron. His last game moved me to a few tears. Seeing how he really embraced his role as the league's ambassador, and the way newer stars revered him was huge. But, what really struck home the hardest personally was witnessing the shared passion for the game with his kid. Teaching all the nuances as it relates to the game of life was something my father instilled in me at a young age. Dude had a depth of knowledge that went so far beyond the game, it was amazing. I'm glad a lot of people gave him his flowers while he was still around to receive them.

What’s y’all favorite play/game from Kobe?

As a lifelong, die-hard Knicks fan it admittedly took me a while to warm up to Kobe, but every time he came to the Garden it was special. This **** got me off my couch :lol:

The call from Harlan, the other commentators chuckling like children, the fresh LA colored Jordan’s, the way Spreewell’s body buckled under the rim, Othella (rightfully) deciding not to jump. “That’s as good as it gets folks!” Word to Kevin Harlan.

LeBron will always and has always been the greatest basketball player ever since he won the championship with Cleveland.

When he wins this one with the Lakers and doing it for Kobe, carrying the torch. He will become an All Time Laker great.

LeBron gotta put LA on the map and hold it down.

Keeping it a buck, I want the Clippers to win the title that much more now. A team led by some real LA kids who were inspired by Kobe in Kawhi and PG. Dudes got invited to Mamba academy this summer after Jerry West made the trade official. Playing in Staples at that smh...take it how you will but Lebron ain't no Laker man. ***** don't even belong their. Talking about you gonna carry the torch of a man who played his whole career there. Get outta here man. Kobe's legacy will always be about competitive spirit. Lakeshow want the dude running from every challenge repping that? And thats no disrespect to Lebron's legacy of his own but I wish he buy into his own journey more instead of Mike's and now Kobe's...
Also, LeBron came to LA to be a media mogul. Maverick Carter even said last year that he didn’t need to win anymore for it to affect his legacy or something similar like that.

A lot of the the people speaking about him noted that he changed a lot and became more personable towards the later years of his career. Maturing and becoming a man and having a family seemed to have shed that tough exterior off the court & allowed people a better view.

Glad that he was able to realize how much more of an asset he was to the world by sharing his knowledge & work ethic. I don't think that think it's a coincidence that this "switch" happened after he won those other two rings, and proved to the world as a whole that he belonged in the convo.
All of this. He seemed to really let the cockiness and arrogance go while still being a maniacal competitor.

What’s y’all favorite play/game from Kobe?

As a lifelong, die-hard Knicks fan it admittedly took me a while to warm up to Kobe, but every time he came to the Garden it was special. This **** got me off my couch :lol:

The call from Harlan, the other commentators chuckling like children, the fresh LA colored Jordan’s, the way Spreewell’s body buckled under the rim, Othella (rightfully) deciding not to jump. “That’s as good as it gets folks!” Word to Kevin Harlan.

It's this game.

The play I remember most is when he dribbled around his back with one hand and did a hook shot

I practiced that move a lot lol

It's the early kobe days when I liked him best

Keeping it a buck, I want the Clippers to win the title that much more now. A team led by some real LA kids who were inspired by Kobe in Kawhi and PG. Dudes got invited to Mamba academy this summer after Jerry West made the trade official. Playing in Staples at that smh...take it how you will but Lebron ain't no Laker man. ***** don't even belong their. Talking about you gonna carry the torch of a man who played his whole career there. Get outta here man. Kobe's legacy will always be about competitive spirit. Lakeshow want the dude running from every challenge repping that? And thats no disrespect to Lebron's legacy of his own but I wish he buy into his own journey more instead of Mike's and now Kobe's...
To be honest, Lebron winning is expected and it will bring some comfort and some closure to the Lakers nation. It will be celebrated by the world and it will be something talked about for generations.

However, I just don't see how anyone else winning it would less impactful, actually moreso, especially for this generation.

Giannis, someone that idolized Kobe and has an unfulfilled challenge. Man, that interview, that challenge being met and surpassed.

Boston and Tatum, someone that was taking pointers from Kobe which he admires and had an entire section on him.

2 LA kids, KL&PG rapping for their city... man, I think beyond Lakers nation, these are proud Californians from LA. I think that right there would be the stuff people dream about. Inspiration that two of their own inspired by Kobe grew up and brought it back home to a losing organization.

Like there are story lines everywhere ... Lebron winning it for me is not the biggest or even the most impactful or resonating thing, but it would be a great one nevertheless.

Obviously Lebron didnt have to mention having the weight of Lakers natiok on his shoulder, he already had that before Kobe's passing, but now .... if he loses, I won't even slander him for it, because it is unimaginable...

To be honest, Lebron winning is expected and it will bring some comfort and some closure to the Lakers nation. It will be celebrated by the world and it will be something talked about for generations.

However, I just don't see how anyone else winning it would less impactful, actually moreso, especially for this generation.

Giannis, someone that idolized Kobe and has an unfulfilled challenge. Man, that interview, that challenge being met and surpassed.

Boston and Tatum, someone that was taking pointers from Kobe which he admires and had an entire section on him.

2 LA kids, KL&PG rapping for their city... man, I think beyond Lakers nation, these are proud Californians from LA. I think that right there would be the stuff people dream about. Inspiration that two of their own inspired by Kobe grew up and brought it back home to a losing organization.

Like there are story lines everywhere ... Lebron winning it for me is not the biggest or even the most impactful or resonating thing, but it would be a great one nevertheless.

Obviously Lebron didnt have to mention having the weight of Lakers natiok on his shoulder, he already had that before Kobe's passing, but now .... if he loses, I won't even slander him for it, because it is unimaginable...

I'm def slandering him, not because of toxicity or vitriol but because of competitive spirit. Even though I didn't no Kobe personally, I'm 101% sure he wouldn't want it any other way.

I wasn't a huge Kobe fan and I loathe Lebron until the Cleveland ship ...

But now I want to see Lebby win 3 in LA, most importantly one this year ... It's a great story ...

And then tying MJ while scoring the most points and top 5 in assists ... That last tweet from Kobe will just resonate more ...

RIP Mamba ...

Kobe’s best moment. That team had no business being in a close series with the Suns.

remember where i was at vividly during this shot. There has never been an athlete in the history of sports i trusted on this level of pressure situations outside of Mike & Tom Brady.

I'm def slandering him, not because of toxicity or vitriol but because of competitive spirit. Even though I didn't no Kobe personally, I'm 101% sure he wouldn't want it any other way.
I dont need to man ... that dude will catch the wrath from the world.

Like ... I cant even imagine those ruthless Lakers fans.

If the NBA was to make a big tribute to Kobe I think naming the All-Star game MVP trophy after him would be a good gesture.

I feel like thats too on the nose. An 8 patch for the Eastern conference and a 24 patch for the western conference on all jersey's for the rest of the season would be beautiful. I also like the idea of the all-star game being team 8 vs team 24 thats been floating around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom