THESE AT&T COMMERCIALS W/ THE LITTLE KIDS>>>

ehh, the guy who plays in the commercial said they were pretty much off the cuff by the kids and its up to him to react in a straight man way.

What? Where?

Q. Are the AT&T commercials with the grown-up interviewing the kids at the elementary schoolroom table scripted?

A. The commercials, which use the phrase “It’s not complicated” to extol the virtues of AT&T’s wireless service, began with prepared scripts “just in case,” says Steven Schwadron, a spokesman for AT&T who is a senior vice president and partner at the Fleshman-Hillard division of the Omnicom Group.

“But the kids always came up with better unscripted answers to questions like ‘Why faster is better’ than we could ever write,” Mr. Schwadron writes in an e-mail. “It gave the spots a more natural feel and is one of the reasons why the ‘It’s not complicated’ campaign has been a such a success.”

The commercials are created by the Atlanta office of BBDO North America, part of another Omnicom agency, BBDO Worldwide.

Good looks. That's how it should be. Makes it so much better. :lol:

Last edited:
this one gets me every time lol

I feel like they stole this idea from some insurance company from like 2 years ago...i forgot tho

i find them annoying...

if the kids responses were authentic (not scripted) then they would be funny.

ehh, the guy who plays in the commercial said they were pretty much off the cuff by the kids and its up to him to react in a straight man way.

I find that hard to believe...

Notice how the blonde girl mumbles the boy's lines at 00.14.

Also, they have the same commercials in Spanish with the kids giving the same responses.

Imo the best set of commercials in years.
i was JUST thinking to myself the other day how these are my favorite commercials in a while

WORD. :pimp:

Funniest one is when the little girl is like "araahrahrahra , which means I wish I was back to a human..."

Then the man is like "w-wut?

Hahha
Yup, followed by" we want more we want more "

They've gotten funnier to me over time. The kids and dudes reaction are both priceless.

i find them annoying...

if the kids responses were authentic (not scripted) then they would be funny.

I'm hoping this is true. It makes it so much better.

Definitely scripted, unless these tots are Saturday Night Fever devotees who like to randomly coordinate moves :lol:

Definitely scripted, unless these tots are Saturday Night Fever devotees who like to randomly coordinate moves
laugh.gif
You must not be around kids around 4-7, anytime I would get up and dance my little cousins would try and do the same exact moves as me. 

If these commercials are indeed scripted and we've been duped, then the writer is AMAZING at capturing the way kids talk, behave, ect. I can say that after having conversations with my younger cousins, they give responses closer to these commercials.

Back
Top Bottom