Things you hate while eating at a restaurant Vol. Man Im parched

Originally Posted by ryanbbn23

when theirs about 6-7 people and several have water, i can not stand to see a waiter just put a pitcher of water on the table. i came to the restaurant to be served, not to pour my own drinks.  soon as that happens, tip is instantly gone.

Its not that serious bro, its a restaurant not a brothel.

when theirs about 6-7 people and several have water, i can not stand to see a waiter just put a pitcher of water on the table. i came to the restaurant to be served, not to pour my own drinks.  soon as that happens, tip is instantly gone.

Its not that serious bro, its a restaurant not a brothel.

this guy went straight to medieval rules....."serve me you peasant!"
roll.gif

roll.gif

Originally Posted by lokiD40

roll.gif

word some people go way too hard, "tip is instantly gone?" FOH

Originally Posted by lokiD40

roll.gif

word some people go way too hard, "tip is instantly gone?" FOH

Empty Glass when thirsty
Being approached by the waitress asking if things are ok exactly when im either taking a bite or chewing.. happens all the time

Empty Glass when thirsty
Being approached by the waitress asking if things are ok exactly when im either taking a bite or chewing.. happens all the time

i simply hate restaurants period

never liked going, i cringe every time we have to for work

i simply hate restaurants period

never liked going, i cringe every time we have to for work

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

When the waiter/waitress tries to showoff and remember the order without writing it down...invariably they get it wrong half the time. It's not like I'm gonna tip you better or be impressed that you did it the hard way, I just want you to get it right.
laugh.gif
Like ok if it's about degree of difficulty balance the plate on your head when you bring em to me, then I'll REALLY give you a good tip
laugh.gif

I was at Denny's a few years ago and the waiter straight up gave us his pad(
indifferent.gif
) then walked off and we wrote down what we wanted. It took forever to come out. I got those miniature burgers and they came out lukewarm, two of my friends orders were way off but one of them was perfect
laugh.gif
. So needless to say we basically needed to reorder. He came back and this time he didnt write it down and #@%%%$ it up again then had the nerve to try and get us new orders
laugh.gif
At this point we told him straight up we ain't paying with the exception of my friend who's order came out fine the first time. I think we were there for almost 2 hours
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

When the waiter/waitress tries to showoff and remember the order without writing it down...invariably they get it wrong half the time. It's not like I'm gonna tip you better or be impressed that you did it the hard way, I just want you to get it right.
laugh.gif
Like ok if it's about degree of difficulty balance the plate on your head when you bring em to me, then I'll REALLY give you a good tip
laugh.gif

I was at Denny's a few years ago and the waiter straight up gave us his pad(
indifferent.gif
) then walked off and we wrote down what we wanted. It took forever to come out. I got those miniature burgers and they came out lukewarm, two of my friends orders were way off but one of them was perfect
laugh.gif
. So needless to say we basically needed to reorder. He came back and this time he didnt write it down and #@%%%$ it up again then had the nerve to try and get us new orders
laugh.gif
At this point we told him straight up we ain't paying with the exception of my friend who's order came out fine the first time. I think we were there for almost 2 hours
30t6p3b.gif

Damn, some of you people are too full of yourselves.

They're waiter/waitresses, not personal slaves.

I tip 30% everytime (unless you're super good, it goes up). Only thing that bothers me is my glass being empty for too long.

I tip 30% everytime (unless you're super good, it goes up). Only thing that bothers me is my glass being empty for too long.

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

You're right, they are not personal slaves, but you are paying them to wait on you. That's the point of the tip. TIP stands for "to insure promptness".  so be prompt. for example, last night we go out to Longhorn's, my food comes out and my loaded baked potato has a dusting of bacon bits, so I ask for some more, and for some steak sauce. It takes the chick 15 mins to come back with it. So now my food is cold and I've just been sitting around looking at it for 15 mins. Come on now. But yet she expects a tip. Why? because these days a tip is customary. It's frowned upon to not tip. If i was at home i would get the things i needed myself, but because I'm at a restaurant, I've gotta wait for it to be brought to me, so if she decides to take her sweet little time, i'm stuck eating cold food.

Dont get me wrong, if the service is good, I have no problem leaving a good tip, but I shouldn't be frowned upon for not leaving one when I had to eat cold food.

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

You're right, they are not personal slaves, but you are paying them to wait on you. That's the point of the tip. TIP stands for "to insure promptness".  so be prompt. for example, last night we go out to Longhorn's, my food comes out and my loaded baked potato has a dusting of bacon bits, so I ask for some more, and for some steak sauce. It takes the chick 15 mins to come back with it. So now my food is cold and I've just been sitting around looking at it for 15 mins. Come on now. But yet she expects a tip. Why? because these days a tip is customary. It's frowned upon to not tip. If i was at home i would get the things i needed myself, but because I'm at a restaurant, I've gotta wait for it to be brought to me, so if she decides to take her sweet little time, i'm stuck eating cold food.

Dont get me wrong, if the service is good, I have no problem leaving a good tip, but I shouldn't be frowned upon for not leaving one when I had to eat cold food.

Back
Top Bottom