Things you hate while eating at a restaurant Vol. Man Im parched

I won't necessarily decrease the tip if my glass is empty (unless it takes forever to get refilled), but if you are on point you're getting at least 20-25% from me, as opposed to my 16-18%.

Aside from the restaurant, I can't stand going out with a large group of people. Bill is ALWAYS short, people are cheap, try and scheme. You should know what your portion is, look at the bill to see how much tip/tax per person and that's it. No need to pass the receipt to 8 people and everyone whipping out their calculators. This urks me sooo much.

Little kids nearby playing with their food
30t6p3b.gif

picking something off of the menu and it is underwhelming
frown.gif
i always manage to pick the wrong dish.

going to dinner and the person you are with is RUDE ... ugh so many of my friends are rude and picky and want things a specific way, calm down. however, i hate servers who are like "no you can't do this" listen i'll pay whatever i just want what i want... make it happen. like i went to lombardis and asked for a quarter of the pizza with no pepperoni for me... she's like.. no. why the hell not? if you're paying full price why can't i have 2 slices without pepperoni. ugh really grinds my gears.

in terms of the server though i'm pretty lax so i understand... if you are slammed i am understanding if you take a while for a drink or something, but if you obviously have nothing else going on i get angry. also i hate fake servers. i understand most are but like... superfake yknow.

oh and like dude above said... i HATE going out with large groups of people... somebody always messes up their portion.. or forgets to include tax or gratuity.. so i have to put more or be the bad guy and demand more so the server doesnt get shortchanged
eyes.gif

picking something off of the menu and it is underwhelming
frown.gif
i always manage to pick the wrong dish.

going to dinner and the person you are with is RUDE ... ugh so many of my friends are rude and picky and want things a specific way, calm down. however, i hate servers who are like "no you can't do this" listen i'll pay whatever i just want what i want... make it happen. like i went to lombardis and asked for a quarter of the pizza with no pepperoni for me... she's like.. no. why the hell not? if you're paying full price why can't i have 2 slices without pepperoni. ugh really grinds my gears.

in terms of the server though i'm pretty lax so i understand... if you are slammed i am understanding if you take a while for a drink or something, but if you obviously have nothing else going on i get angry. also i hate fake servers. i understand most are but like... superfake yknow.

oh and like dude above said... i HATE going out with large groups of people... somebody always messes up their portion.. or forgets to include tax or gratuity.. so i have to put more or be the bad guy and demand more so the server doesnt get shortchanged
eyes.gif

If Im at a lame restauraunt like red lobster or cheesecake factory I hate the chairs because of the families around you. Id much prefer a booth

If Im at a lame restauraunt like red lobster or cheesecake factory I hate the chairs because of the families around you. Id much prefer a booth

i worked at a restaurant like Dennys for almost two years, i have stories for daaayyyyyysssssssss 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

your perspective changes after youve worked in a restaurant
ohwell.gif

i worked at a restaurant like Dennys for almost two years, i have stories for daaayyyyyysssssssss 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

ohwell.gif

when theirs about 6-7 people and several have water, i can not stand to see a waiter just put a pitcher of water on the table. i came to the restaurant to be served, not to pour my own drinks.  soon as that happens, tip is instantly gone.

when theirs about 6-7 people and several have water, i can not stand to see a waiter just put a pitcher of water on the table. i came to the restaurant to be served, not to pour my own drinks.  soon as that happens, tip is instantly gone.

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Going with someone who always tries to make a custom order

THIS

-going with people who need to analyze the menu WHILE everyone else is making their order and keep the waiter another few minutes asking dumb questions
-people who complain about the price
-people who order and come up short when its time to pay.
sounds like you're hanging out with scrubs than 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Going with someone who always tries to make a custom order

THIS

-going with people who need to analyze the menu WHILE everyone else is making their order and keep the waiter another few minutes asking dumb questions
-people who complain about the price
-people who order and come up short when its time to pay.
sounds like you're hanging out with scrubs than 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I agree with a lot of things that were said in this thread but one of the things I hate most have more to do with people I go with than the employees.

My gf's sister comes out with us a lot when we go out to eat (not a 3rd wheel, invites a friend with her) and she takes FOREVER to order food. The waiter/waitress has to come back like 3 times before she can get an entree order from her
30t6p3b.gif

I agree with a lot of things that were said in this thread but one of the things I hate most have more to do with people I go with than the employees.

My gf's sister comes out with us a lot when we go out to eat (not a 3rd wheel, invites a friend with her) and she takes FOREVER to order food. The waiter/waitress has to come back like 3 times before she can get an entree order from her
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by doin90onthefreeway

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

ohwell.gif

Care to share?

Originally Posted by doin90onthefreeway

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

ohwell.gif

Care to share?

- when you order just a burger and a drink, but your fatty friends order appetizer, meal, alcohol and dessert.....check comes and they all want to split the bill.
- when they have no splenda

- you go to a asian join and there is no SRIRACHA 
mad.gif

- bathroom is truck-stop diirty

- they serve soda in a can...and charge $1.75 no refills

- CASH ONLY spot

- eating at a bbq joint and no wet naps

- when you order just a burger and a drink, but your fatty friends order appetizer, meal, alcohol and dessert.....check comes and they all want to split the bill.

mad.gif

- CASH ONLY spot

Originally Posted by lokiD40

mad.gif

- CASH ONLY spot

I NEVER split the bill, and always make sure to be the one that handles the bill because I like to give a good tip (20ish%) so if I let someone else handle the bill they'll give a tiny tip..If there's one person that is usually expected to calculate the check, there's not a problem. When you do that "let's pass the check around n figure out how much we owe" move, you're almost guaranteed to come up 5-10 dollars short, and everyone says "Well, I put in extra so it definitely wasn't me". Lying %#* n's
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by lokiD40

mad.gif

- CASH ONLY spot

I NEVER split the bill, and always make sure to be the one that handles the bill because I like to give a good tip (20ish%) so if I let someone else handle the bill they'll give a tiny tip..If there's one person that is usually expected to calculate the check, there's not a problem. When you do that "let's pass the check around n figure out how much we owe" move, you're almost guaranteed to come up 5-10 dollars short, and everyone says "Well, I put in extra so it definitely wasn't me". Lying %#* n's
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom