Thinking of getting my son a turtle...... any suggestions/tips?

Originally Posted by Club29

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

what does a turtle do for you??

"Nah, im cool....im just gonna stay in tonight.....chill with mah turtle..."

Dave Chappell
roll.gif
roll.gif
chill with my monkey.

My advice: don't lie to him and say it's sleepin if it's dead. My mans pops did that to his lil brother, had a dead turtle w/ the eyes ate out inhis room for a month
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

My advice: don't lie to him and say it's sleepin if it's dead. My mans pops did that to his lil brother, had a dead turtle w/ the eyes ate out in his room for a month
smh.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by bamez

dont do it, they smell like %$*#.... ALL the time. whole house will eventually smell like it.

Not if you have proper filteration and you keep the turtle's tank clean on a scheduled basis.

I've had a my red-ear slider for about three years and he's about 9-inches long and has been living in a 20-gallon tank for the past two years.

I found a baby box turtle.. it died after 4 months.. you cant even buy them that young.. it would rarely eat and just wanted to sleep. I guess I should havelet it go out in the wild and die naturally.

in generally i would say they are NOT good pets as they do essentially nothing
laugh.gif
and vet care is almost as much as a dog.

RIP
a371594b61cfcfbecc33e11232f9dccd6a8e206.pjpg

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Originally Posted by bamez

dont do it, they smell like %$*#.... ALL the time. whole house will eventually smell like it.

Not if you have proper filteration and you keep the turtle's tank clean on a scheduled basis.

I've had a my red-ear slider for about three years and he's about 9-inches long and has been living in a 20-gallon tank for the past two years.

nahh yo, you just got used to the smell

i thought this post was about how you want to not have your son's turtle neck chopped off.

When I had mine, we just got them from the golf course. I lost it when I was cleaning the tank one day, turtle is green, grass is green, just asking fortrouble. I guess it ran away, maybe it got hit by a car, maybe an animal got to it, who knows? We used to get bullfrogs too, those would make better pets.

My neice used to have hermit crabs (or whatever the soft kind are kind that you have to buy shells for) for pets, not only do they not do anything, but they goinside the shell all the time so you can't even see them not doing anything. I'm like what the *+$$ ?!

just make sure after he touches it he washes his hands they can spread disease very easily

^^^^DAYYUMMMM

My red ear slider eats or tries to eat anything you put in with it....but can we get a gif ofthat???

man theres this 1 spot by my crib that actually sells turtle tacos
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
*##+ is that about?

Back
Top Bottom