This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what this team/organization needs to happen in order to wake up, but its frustrating.

All DC sports, really. But to keep flirting with the 6th seed is dangerous. Wish we were more points in the safe zone.

:{ That possession and pass accuracy is horrible. We need one of these euro exits to come to DC.

Bastian, come save us :{
word, i think our new stadium will hopefully help with that. It seems we never get the chance or even a look when a euro player comes over, they or MLS seems to have a preference for either the west coast or new york. Ben needs to do something about the front line
LA* or New York. MLS doesn't want small market teams to flourish with the top name players.

Still shocked MLS let Drogba go to Montreal.
Why's it a shock? He had a choice of Chicago and another team I forgot but dude wanted to be in a Francophone city :lol

Doubt he would've gotten as big a hero's welcome elsewhere in the league than he got here with all the Ivorian fans showing up at the airport in full force

Last edited:
I haven't been watching too much DCU this season but it always seems to be "basketball reasons"

I mean unless the money is good who would want to leave Eroupa and come to the capital? I'd pick LA or NY too.

I don't follow United too much cause they suck, but are they a rich team?
that's a good question, I know they got bought by two new owners like 2 years ago, but not sure what their capital looks like, they were able to get the new stadium going pretty quickly, that's maybe tying them up right now.

DC imo still can get back to the "big club" status it had. I still see plenty of supporters out and about in the DC area all the time, LA barra brava and screaming eagles STILL ride hard for the squad, naturally DC just been struggling for any title to say the least so I understand the support ain't as strong as before. Hopefully the new stadium will bring back everyone and help attract someone

New stadium is going to be so lit :smokin

But its going to be depressing watching them draw and drop points every other week :{

Might get a season ticket and get my HEGGSY on.

Pissed they don't do half season anymore

All DCU needs is a creative midfielder, and maybe even a finisher up front. Thats what I've noticed their biggest problem is. We've got a great keeper and a USMNT center forward. I like Acosta's game and Mullins won me over these past couple of games. But we need that Giovinco/Drogba/Lamprad player to not only draw respect and attention to us as a club, but to also dig us out of bad situations and push up towards to top of the table

Last edited:
Damn Yaya got left off Citeh's CL squad...

Dude really should've taken that Inter offer when they approaches him earlier this summer,dude isn't gonna be seeing the pitch at all probably barring a catastrophe leading to most of the squad getting hurt :lol

Last edited:
Would have been dope if DCU could have packed out RFK on a regular basis and they just refurbished/updated the stadium for them. a 45k seater would have been dope to keep, especially for an MLS club.

View media item 2152595
But my body is ready, even though I prefer the OG rendering over what they decided to go with

OG

View media item 2152596
Planned look

imrs.php

i haven't spent a lot of time in the city since graduating college, but I'll become a regular again once they finish. I'm right over at National Harbor, so a trip right down 295 is CLUTCH :smokin

Def gonna be a nice stadium. We should all tailgate. So hard we won't be able to make it inside the stadium.

Bastian shouldn't be at Jose's Man U period. i don't understand the love affair Man U fans have for him. He's been here 1 year and barely played half of it, he quit on the team midseason saving himself for his final International run instead of helping us when we needed mfs in that final month. He can't play more than 60 minutes and will get injured in between games. Why should Jose spend all that time managing and planning for Bastian, when he doesn't know if he's going be on the pitch or in the training room? Jose is focus on prepping dependable players like Ander, Morgan, TFM, and Felli. Can't win trophies and become a charity club as well. We dumped bigger legends in more extreme fashion, Bastian is not a Man U legend at all.

I don't recall anyone here saying they love Basti or even remotely consider him a MU legend.

I'm just stating that I don't think he's washed. I think it's better to have him as an option if anything. If you don't think Basti on the bench is good for MU, then my friend you are borderline insane.

I don't recall anyone here saying they love Basti or even remotely consider him a MU legend.

I'm just stating that I don't think he's washed. I think it's better to have him as an option if anything. If you don't think Basti on the bench is good for MU, then my friend you are borderline insane.

:rolleyes He's done nothing for Utd and people are holding on to romantic notion of the player he used to be.

Insane, you going to put him on the bench over Blind, Morgan, and Ander??? Sure go ahead and lets us get washed by Arsenal again. Might as well go back and get RVP, Nani, Welbeck, Rio, Vidic, Evra as well to sit on the bench. LVG screwed up the fanbase more than I though.

How on earth are people really believeing Basti is washed lol. Dude doesn't even play enough for MU to assume that.

Probably because of the way his time ended at Bayern when he was always injured/ never fit

Dude should be the in the freshest shape he's been over the last few years now though. I Don't think he's played a game in the league since March :lol. Plus he shouldn't be having as much trouble staying fit after retiring from the NT.

Like I said about Cesc last week, these dudes who break in and become/remain regulars since the time they're teens are older than their biological age, particularly midfielders.

A lot of miles on those legs, Basti probably closing in on 600 club matches alone. Physically he's well past 31 years old.

Last edited:
Would MU benefit more from playing him in a central role more forward?

Not having to rely on him getting back on defense with the great wall of Baily back there?

Play Basti forward and have Pogba/another CDM behind him

Last edited:
Would MU benefit more from playing him in a central role more forward?

Not having to rely on him getting back on defense with the great wall of Baily back there?

Play Basti forward and have Pogba/another CDM behind him

I'm not an expert on United's personnel but this doesn't seem like the strongest competitive choice for the club.

This seems like what captaincrown3 captaincrown3 was talking about, romantizing a legend and forcing him into the squad just because he's a legend, regardless of what will win the team matches.

Last edited:
Yeah, but they already do it with Rooney. Might as well rotate them and give him a shot.

If you're not going to romanticize Basti, don't do it to Rooney either.

Either that or let the man go.

Last edited:
Nah man you know that make no sense. Say what you want about Rooney's current level but he is a legend at the club. Basti isn't. You can't make that comparison.

All this moot though Basti can't cover the ground on the defensive end that Mourinho requires of any of the three attacking midfielders.

Last edited:
No one is saying Basti is a club legend. If anything his name alone holds weight, and may be the only reason he's still on the team. But you guys are painting a picture as if he's garbage, word to the whole Arsenal squad.

No one is saying Basti is a club legend. If anything his name alone holds weight, and may be the only reason he's still on the team. But you guys are painting a picture as if he's garbage, word to the whole Arsenal squad.

Who exactly? I just sat down with my cup of coffee only read this current page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom