This is why the bible and other religious texts had to be written by scorned MALES

indifferent.gif
 Que!?

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Originally Posted by oidreez

i believe because i was raised to believe.

thats hilarious to some people.

- no. what hilarious is, alot of us were raised the same way.......and then we decided to us our brains.

.....we're 'raised' to do alot of things.

nah, that's what i mean....

- oh i got it.

- you just have to really spell things out on NT, otherwise someone will take it the wrong way and everyone will run with it.

- no. what hilarious is, alot of us were raised the same way.......and then we decided to us our brains.

.....we're 'raised' to do alot of things.

nah, that's what i mean....

- oh i got it.

- you just have to really spell things out on NT, otherwise someone will take it the wrong way and everyone will run with it.

im 23. obviously i still believe on my own accord and not just because my parents raised me to so somewhere i must have found a personal reason why i still believe so i dont "loose".

- you lost by responding. obviously he wasnt talking to YOU.

....and honestly he went out of his way to exclude people like you. panties still got in a bunch though,
roll.gif

im 23. obviously i still believe on my own accord and not just because my parents raised me to so somewhere i must have found a personal reason why i still believe so i dont "loose".

....and honestly he went out of his way to exclude people like you. panties still got in a bunch though,
roll.gif

roll.gif

you're a clown. why shouldn't i respond and obviously he read my posts or he wouldnt have posted some excerpts in his reply. now get off your knees

roll.gif

you're a clown. why shouldn't i respond and obviously he read my posts or he wouldnt have posted some excerpts in his reply. now get off your knees

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

Ooo, one of my fave topics.

This is what I do not get, it is known and proven that these religious books were man made. Ok, no proof of God's existence or known facts how this universe was created, but I can ASSURE you these religious textbooks are fictitious and no different than Aesop's fables. Discovering and researching the history of it all is what made me Agnostic.

"And God said let there be light"

God did not write the bible, who writes about themselves in the third person.

A narcissist

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

Ooo, one of my fave topics.

This is what I do not get, it is known and proven that these religious books were man made. Ok, no proof of God's existence or known facts how this universe was created, but I can ASSURE you these religious textbooks are fictitious and no different than Aesop's fables. Discovering and researching the history of it all is what made me Agnostic.

"And God said let there be light"

God did not write the bible, who writes about themselves in the third person.

A narcissist

roll.gif

-  
laugh.gif

- my man is HOT, over some #++% that aint even addressing him.......

.....off my knees
eek.gif

laugh.gif
 , how ironic considering the topic. do you really wanna take it there with the knees homeboy?

roll.gif

-  
laugh.gif

- my man is HOT, over some #++% that aint even addressing him.......

.....off my knees
eek.gif

laugh.gif
 , how ironic considering the topic. do you really wanna take it there with the knees homeboy?

Crazy how it's always the same people in these threads with the same exact arguments every time. 

Crazy how it's always the same people in these threads with the same exact arguments every time. 

eh at the end of the day the internet atheists/agnostics are free to feel superior on the internet. Call what someone else believes in wrong/ fairytale fantasies but you are no better then them

i dont get this argument.

person a presents his belief

person b presents his belief

person a thinks person b is ridiculous for his belief

person b thinks person a is ridiculous for his belief

person a believes that person b is a sinner who is going to hell because he wont recieve salvation from jesus christ

person b laughs because the very notion of such is hilarious to him

or

person a is questioned by person b how he could believe so strongly in something that person b thinks is ridiculous

person a gives cliche, logically-weak, mostly not even well-though out explainations of their belief...

person b finds it funny that person a believes so strongly in something they cant even explain nor defend to even the most casual of skeptic...

christians tell athiests their just as wrong as athiests tell christians....

the thing is, when you ask a christian to explain WHY he believes what he believes, it ultimately comes down to "i just believe"

and when you ask an athiest why he believes what he believes, he incorporates the human understanding of the world, which, at the very least, is more logically sound because its based on LAWS OF PHYSICS and TANGIBLE EVIDENCE....things that are WIDELY ACCEPTED BY A MAJORITY OF HUMAN BEINGS

so, for the time being, at least, the athiest has widely-accepted evidence to support what they believe, while the christian does not...

why does this upset christians? if you believe, you believe.....just because its ridiculous to me, doesnt mean its any less real or serious to you...

why do YOU care that I think what YOU believe is illogical?

like, yall can't even admit blind faith is illogical....

like it somehow cheapens what you believe....

ITS WHAT  YOU BELIEVE

%++*## laugh at ohio all the time, do i say "why do you have to laugh at ohio to make yourself feel better?"

nah, i say, "so? its where im from and i will rep it till i die..."

is my love for ohio over all other states illogical? sure....there are MANY better states....

am i all misty-crotched cause people laugh at ohio? naw.

so cut out all these "why do you have to trash my belief to make yourself feel better" talk

they're simply pointing out the flaws in the logic of religion......explaining WHY they believe or dont believe....

MAYBE if you opened your eyes and ears instead of rocking god goggles and earmuffs, you could gain a little perspective on your own religion and form more concrete beliefs...

cause, if you can't even explain WHY you believe in it other than "i just do", then you definitely need to work on developing yourself....

i believe because i was raised to believe. sure religion sounds illogical to a lot of people but at the end of the day, a lot of people on this planet believe in some higher being that sounds illogical
but bellitling someone's beliefs is not right at all no matter how illogical it sounds. im not getting offended because i'm not gonna let people on an internet forum get to me like that but i don't take shots at people for not believing what i believe in.
97729975_6b24129899_o.gif

eh at the end of the day the internet atheists/agnostics are free to feel superior on the internet. Call what someone else believes in wrong/ fairytale fantasies but you are no better then them

i dont get this argument.

person a presents his belief

person b presents his belief

person a thinks person b is ridiculous for his belief

person b thinks person a is ridiculous for his belief

person a believes that person b is a sinner who is going to hell because he wont recieve salvation from jesus christ

person b laughs because the very notion of such is hilarious to him

or

person a is questioned by person b how he could believe so strongly in something that person b thinks is ridiculous

person a gives cliche, logically-weak, mostly not even well-though out explainations of their belief...

person b finds it funny that person a believes so strongly in something they cant even explain nor defend to even the most casual of skeptic...

christians tell athiests their just as wrong as athiests tell christians....

the thing is, when you ask a christian to explain WHY he believes what he believes, it ultimately comes down to "i just believe"

and when you ask an athiest why he believes what he believes, he incorporates the human understanding of the world, which, at the very least, is more logically sound because its based on LAWS OF PHYSICS and TANGIBLE EVIDENCE....things that are WIDELY ACCEPTED BY A MAJORITY OF HUMAN BEINGS

so, for the time being, at least, the athiest has widely-accepted evidence to support what they believe, while the christian does not...

why does this upset christians? if you believe, you believe.....just because its ridiculous to me, doesnt mean its any less real or serious to you...

why do YOU care that I think what YOU believe is illogical?

like, yall can't even admit blind faith is illogical....

like it somehow cheapens what you believe....

ITS WHAT  YOU BELIEVE

%++*## laugh at ohio all the time, do i say "why do you have to laugh at ohio to make yourself feel better?"

nah, i say, "so? its where im from and i will rep it till i die..."

is my love for ohio over all other states illogical? sure....there are MANY better states....

am i all misty-crotched cause people laugh at ohio? naw.

so cut out all these "why do you have to trash my belief to make yourself feel better" talk

they're simply pointing out the flaws in the logic of religion......explaining WHY they believe or dont believe....

MAYBE if you opened your eyes and ears instead of rocking god goggles and earmuffs, you could gain a little perspective on your own religion and form more concrete beliefs...

cause, if you can't even explain WHY you believe in it other than "i just do", then you definitely need to work on developing yourself....

i believe because i was raised to believe. sure religion sounds illogical to a lot of people but at the end of the day, a lot of people on this planet believe in some higher being that sounds illogical
but bellitling someone's beliefs is not right at all no matter how illogical it sounds. im not getting offended because i'm not gonna let people on an internet forum get to me like that but i don't take shots at people for not believing what i believe in.
97729975_6b24129899_o.gif

well, if you found a personal reason to believe, why did you just tell us "i believe cause i was raised that way"?

why didn't you drop the reason why you continued to believe once you raised these questions?

the athiest NTers OPENLY drop their reasons why they STOPPED believing.....

i wouldnt say "pride" is the best word to describe it, but they're PROUD that they reached a conclusion on their own, and can fully articulate their stance on the issue...

not to pick on YOU, but i find that most christians i come across cannot articulate why they believe...

like, i asked you flat out, and your answer was "cause i was raised that way"

but now that we explain how that could be seen as laughable, logically, because it insinuates that you never questioned your beliefs to strengthen or weaken your faith, you answer with a completely different explaination, that you HAVE raised these questions and that you made the choice to still believe...

like, why didn't you just give us the reason in the first place? you still havent technically given us the reason WHY you believe......

not being able to articulate your stance on topics that you, yourself, take SO SERIOUS that we can't even question them or we come off as degrading your faith, is kind of.....unsettling? degrading to your own faith? illogical?

see what the true essence of these posts are, now?

they explain WHY they dont believe, with tangible evidence thats widely accepted by all human beings

the religious explain why they believe, but never use tangible evidence thats widely accepted by all human beings....

when those religious types try to use evidence that isnt tangible nor widely accepted by human beings, thats when the "degrading somebody's faith" comes in.....and they're not really degrading your religious, they're degrading the FAITH you have put into the religion ILLOGICALLY...

ive went back and forth with Dame about this before, someone said "just because someone uses religion to get to point b, doesnt mean they didn't ultimately get to point b"

which i agree with....

personal religion is fine...

it's when MASSES of the relgious want to FORCE those who DONT prescribe to their religion to accept their religion (directly or indirectly) is what i have a problem with...

i.e. abortion rights, marriage rights, teaching creationism in schools, politics fueled by religion, etc.

the very idea of christianity is to lead others to salvation, i.e. impose your religion on those who do not practice it in order to SAVE THEIR SOULS

you see how weird that is to people that don't even believe in god?

like "we need to do something about global warming"

"nah, god got us..."

that may be an okay answer for people who have faith in a god, but for the other population in the room, they're like....."and that helps us fix global warming.....how?"

well, if you found a personal reason to believe, why did you just tell us "i believe cause i was raised that way"?

why didn't you drop the reason why you continued to believe once you raised these questions?

the athiest NTers OPENLY drop their reasons why they STOPPED believing.....

i wouldnt say "pride" is the best word to describe it, but they're PROUD that they reached a conclusion on their own, and can fully articulate their stance on the issue...

not to pick on YOU, but i find that most christians i come across cannot articulate why they believe...

like, i asked you flat out, and your answer was "cause i was raised that way"

but now that we explain how that could be seen as laughable, logically, because it insinuates that you never questioned your beliefs to strengthen or weaken your faith, you answer with a completely different explaination, that you HAVE raised these questions and that you made the choice to still believe...

like, why didn't you just give us the reason in the first place? you still havent technically given us the reason WHY you believe......

not being able to articulate your stance on topics that you, yourself, take SO SERIOUS that we can't even question them or we come off as degrading your faith, is kind of.....unsettling? degrading to your own faith? illogical?

see what the true essence of these posts are, now?

they explain WHY they dont believe, with tangible evidence thats widely accepted by all human beings

the religious explain why they believe, but never use tangible evidence thats widely accepted by all human beings....

when those religious types try to use evidence that isnt tangible nor widely accepted by human beings, thats when the "degrading somebody's faith" comes in.....and they're not really degrading your religious, they're degrading the FAITH you have put into the religion ILLOGICALLY...

ive went back and forth with Dame about this before, someone said "just because someone uses religion to get to point b, doesnt mean they didn't ultimately get to point b"

which i agree with....

personal religion is fine...

it's when MASSES of the relgious want to FORCE those who DONT prescribe to their religion to accept their religion (directly or indirectly) is what i have a problem with...

i.e. abortion rights, marriage rights, teaching creationism in schools, politics fueled by religion, etc.

the very idea of christianity is to lead others to salvation, i.e. impose your religion on those who do not practice it in order to SAVE THEIR SOULS

you see how weird that is to people that don't even believe in god?

like "we need to do something about global warming"

"nah, god got us..."

that may be an okay answer for people who have faith in a god, but for the other population in the room, they're like....."and that helps us fix global warming.....how?"

ya'll need to peep the thread Mo Matik had about Islam
Dude said Judaism used to be Islam...then Christanity used to be Islam...then Islam was Islam... And when I asked dude why it took God THREE times to get it right, he said thats what he intended to do.

I'm like...bruh...ya'll losing then cause only 2.2billion are christians and 1.5 are muslims...God just lost most of his squad on some technicality? 
roll.gif

Dude said Judaism used to be Islam...then Christanity used to be Islam...then Islam was Islam... And when I asked dude why it took God THREE times to get it right, he said thats what he intended to do.

I'm like...bruh...ya'll losing then cause only 2.2billion are christians and 1.5 are muslims...God just lost most of his squad on some technicality? 
roll.gif

WITHOUT AN IRRATIONAL FEAR IN HELL THERE IS NO REASON TO BELIEVE!
I dropped this on my Dad last night and straight !%%!@* him up. He was staring off into the distance for like 20 minutes last night. 

WITHOUT AN IRRATIONAL FEAR IN HELL THERE IS NO REASON TO BELIEVE!
I dropped this on my Dad last night and straight !%%!@* him up. He was staring off into the distance for like 20 minutes last night. 

.....we're 'raised' to do alot of things. the difference? the difference between them all and the bible/religion? that little infallable part they slid into religion. kinda slick isnt it? i mean.....from a marketing standpoint
wink.gif

- posted again for emphasis and to piss people off
laugh.gif

.....we're 'raised' to do alot of things. the difference? the difference between them all and the bible/religion? that little infallable part they slid into religion. kinda slick isnt it? i mean.....from a marketing standpoint
wink.gif

- posted again for emphasis and to piss people off
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

roll.gif
You would think some of these people had God's BBM PIN number, the way they know exactly what he intended to do in some of these scenarios.

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

roll.gif
You would think some of these people had God's BBM PIN number, the way they know exactly what he intended to do in some of these scenarios.

Back
Top Bottom