This is why the bible and other religious texts had to be written by scorned MALES

Wait im just curious on how do you feed 5000 _s with 5 loaves of bread and 2 fishes?
Plz respond.

nerd.gif

Wait im just curious on how do you feed 5000 _s with 5 loaves of bread and 2 fishes?
Plz respond.

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by oidreez

eh at the end of the day the internet atheists/agnostics are free to feel superior on the internet. Call what someone else believes in wrong/ fairytale fantasies but you are no better then them

i dont get this argument.

person a presents his belief

person b presents his belief

person a thinks person b is ridiculous for his belief

person b thinks person a is ridiculous for his belief

person a believes that person b is a sinner who is going to hell because he wont recieve salvation from jesus christ

person b laughs because the very notion of such is hilarious to him

or

person a is questioned by person b how he could believe so strongly in something that person b thinks is ridiculous

person a gives cliche, logically-weak, mostly not even well-though out explainations of their belief...

person b finds it funny that person a believes so strongly in something they cant even explain nor defend to even the most casual of skeptic...

christians tell athiests their just as wrong as athiests tell christians....

the thing is, when you ask a christian to explain WHY he believes what he believes, it ultimately comes down to "i just believe"

and when you ask an athiest why he believes what he believes, he incorporates the human understanding of the world, which, at the very least, is more logically sound because its based on LAWS OF PHYSICS and TANGIBLE EVIDENCE....things that are WIDELY ACCEPTED BY A MAJORITY OF HUMAN BEINGS

so, for the time being, at least, the athiest has widely-accepted evidence to support what they believe, while the christian does not...

why does this upset christians? if you believe, you believe.....just because its ridiculous to me, doesnt mean its any less real or serious to you...

why do YOU care that I think what YOU believe is illogical?

like, yall can't even admit blind faith is illogical....

like it somehow cheapens what you believe....

ITS WHAT  YOU BELIEVE

%++*## laugh at ohio all the time, do i say "why do you have to laugh at ohio to make yourself feel better?"

nah, i say, "so? its where im from and i will rep it till i die..."

is my love for ohio over all other states illogical? sure....there are MANY better states....

am i all misty-crotched cause people laugh at ohio? naw.

so cut out all these "why do you have to trash my belief to make yourself feel better" talk

they're simply pointing out the flaws in the logic of religion......explaining WHY they believe or dont believe....

MAYBE if you opened your eyes and ears instead of rocking god goggles and earmuffs, you could gain a little perspective on your own religion and form more concrete beliefs...

cause, if you can't even explain WHY you believe in it other than "i just do", then you definitely need to work on developing yourself....

eh at the end of the day the internet atheists/agnostics are free to feel superior on the internet. Call what someone else believes in wrong/ fairytale fantasies but you are no better then them

person a believes that person b is a sinner who is going to hell because he wont recieve salvation from jesus christ

or

person a is questioned by person b how he could believe so strongly in something that person b thinks is ridiculous

person a gives cliche, logically-weak, mostly not even well-though out explainations of their belief...

person b finds it funny that person a believes so strongly in something they cant even explain nor defend to even the most casual of skeptic...

the thing is, when you ask a christian to explain WHY he believes what he believes, it ultimately comes down to "i just believe"

and when you ask an athiest why he believes what he believes, he incorporates the human understanding of the world, which, at the very least, is more logically sound because its based on LAWS OF PHYSICS and TANGIBLE EVIDENCE....things that are WIDELY ACCEPTED BY A MAJORITY OF HUMAN BEINGS

so, for the time being, at least, the athiest has widely-accepted evidence to support what they believe, while the christian does not...

why does this upset christians? if you believe, you believe.....just because its ridiculous to me, doesnt mean its any less real or serious to you...

ITS WHAT  YOU BELIEVE

%++*## laugh at ohio all the time, do i say "why do you have to laugh at ohio to make yourself feel better?"

is my love for ohio over all other states illogical? sure....there are MANY better states....

so cut out all these "why do you have to trash my belief to make yourself feel better" talk

they're simply pointing out the flaws in the logic of religion......explaining WHY they believe or dont believe....

MAYBE if you opened your eyes and ears instead of rocking god goggles and earmuffs, you could gain a little perspective on your own religion and form more concrete beliefs...

cause, if you can't even explain WHY you believe in it other than "i just do", then you definitely need to work on developing yourself....

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

Originally Posted by Murda He

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

Originally Posted by HighMan

seriously what was the point of posting this?

did anyone say there weren't multiple translations? or do you read what people type of do you just skim through it?

He's one of those atheists that log onto the internet to find other atheists to validate his lack of faith in God. It's pathetic. Believe what you will, I really don't care. But it's pathetic to feel the need to trample on others' beliefs to validate your own. And he does it, just like most of them do, probably out of fear or misery in some form. No one wants to die alone, so as long as he ca make a joke out of God in general, he'll feel more comfortable in his own skin amongst the people that laughed. Yes, I'm aware he'll reply to this with something witty and sharp, complete with a
laugh.gif
or
roll.gif
, just like women do when their feelings get hurt. It's sad.
Not our fault that the bible is fallible and morally and factually wrong.  We can't point that out now?  If yours and anyone's beliefs were trampled, oh well.  Facts are facts.
and didn't you say that you wouldn't be entering these threads anymore because you don't care what we have to say anymore?  yet time after time, I see you.  time to go repent again...

You're right, it's not your fault... nor is it your responsibility to pester people that don't care that you don't believe what they believe. Grow up.

Also, I said I wasn't entertaining ALL the questions people ask mainly because I never claim to have ALL the answers, but also because none of you types actually cares to hear an answer anyway.  On the other hand, I have a plethora of statements to make at my own discretion. I didn't force you to reply to them just as no one forces you to believe in God. You just felt inclined to be apart of what was going on in other people's business. Ironic? Nah, just typical of atheists.. 
You assume he's trying to validate his lack of belief in a GOD by going on the internet. You need no other validation for that other than your own sound reasoning. Why is it pathetic? Is this not a forum founded on the basis of like minded ppl sharing their enthusiasm over footwear? Guess they pathetic too. Guess anybody on the internet who seek out like minded ppl for discussion and camaraderie are pathetic but in reality we know that's not the case.
Nah, it's a little different. You've never seen a "Atheists, let's discuss atheism" thread. All you see are 'God is dumb" threads in disguise. By all means, fly with your flock.. I HONESTLY don't care or mind. I just get the
mad.gif
face when people feed into the same world wide conflicts over faith while pretending to be better than it while saying they don't even believe in God. So what? I've never heard people be so vocal about !$!% they don't support.

Atheist - "Rah rah rah religion ruins the world. Don't you see? Science says be an atheist. God is stupid. Rah Rah"
Extremist - "Die, infidel! *BOOM* "

Well, that worked. Thanks. You're really helping the world wide condition by adding to the hate. Good job atheists. Way to set the example for all us peace loving God-said-don't types. You sure showed us.
Why do you keep saying religion is the opposite of atheism?
Its not.

Religions are playing games of football with each other.

I'm in the stand watching the game. 

REAL $$##$
eek.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
That makes no sense since when does the guy in the stands compete on every down and kicks off every thread. 

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

Originally Posted by HighMan

seriously what was the point of posting this?

did anyone say there weren't multiple translations? or do you read what people type of do you just skim through it?

He's one of those atheists that log onto the internet to find other atheists to validate his lack of faith in God. It's pathetic. Believe what you will, I really don't care. But it's pathetic to feel the need to trample on others' beliefs to validate your own. And he does it, just like most of them do, probably out of fear or misery in some form. No one wants to die alone, so as long as he ca make a joke out of God in general, he'll feel more comfortable in his own skin amongst the people that laughed. Yes, I'm aware he'll reply to this with something witty and sharp, complete with a
laugh.gif
or
roll.gif
, just like women do when their feelings get hurt. It's sad.
Not our fault that the bible is fallible and morally and factually wrong.  We can't point that out now?  If yours and anyone's beliefs were trampled, oh well.  Facts are facts.
and didn't you say that you wouldn't be entering these threads anymore because you don't care what we have to say anymore?  yet time after time, I see you.  time to go repent again...

You're right, it's not your fault... nor is it your responsibility to pester people that don't care that you don't believe what they believe. Grow up.

Also, I said I wasn't entertaining ALL the questions people ask mainly because I never claim to have ALL the answers, but also because none of you types actually cares to hear an answer anyway.  On the other hand, I have a plethora of statements to make at my own discretion. I didn't force you to reply to them just as no one forces you to believe in God. You just felt inclined to be apart of what was going on in other people's business. Ironic? Nah, just typical of atheists.. 
You assume he's trying to validate his lack of belief in a GOD by going on the internet. You need no other validation for that other than your own sound reasoning. Why is it pathetic? Is this not a forum founded on the basis of like minded ppl sharing their enthusiasm over footwear? Guess they pathetic too. Guess anybody on the internet who seek out like minded ppl for discussion and camaraderie are pathetic but in reality we know that's not the case.
Nah, it's a little different. You've never seen a "Atheists, let's discuss atheism" thread. All you see are 'God is dumb" threads in disguise. By all means, fly with your flock.. I HONESTLY don't care or mind. I just get the
mad.gif
face when people feed into the same world wide conflicts over faith while pretending to be better than it while saying they don't even believe in God. So what? I've never heard people be so vocal about !$!% they don't support.

Atheist - "Rah rah rah religion ruins the world. Don't you see? Science says be an atheist. God is stupid. Rah Rah"
Extremist - "Die, infidel! *BOOM* "

Well, that worked. Thanks. You're really helping the world wide condition by adding to the hate. Good job atheists. Way to set the example for all us peace loving God-said-don't types. You sure showed us.
Why do you keep saying religion is the opposite of atheism?
Its not.

Religions are playing games of football with each other.

I'm in the stand watching the game. 

REAL $$##$
eek.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
That makes no sense since when does the guy in the stands compete on every down and kicks off every thread. 

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

or

ITS WHAT  YOU BELIEVE

i believe because i was raised to believe. sure religion sounds illogical to a lot of people but at the end of the day, a lot of people on this planet believe in some higher being that sounds illogical but bellitling someone's beliefs is not right at all no matter how illogical it sounds. im not getting offended because i'm not gonna let people on an internet forum get to me like that but i don't take shots at people for not believing what i believe in.

or

ITS WHAT  YOU BELIEVE

i believe because i was raised to believe. sure religion sounds illogical to a lot of people but at the end of the day, a lot of people on this planet believe in some higher being that sounds illogical but bellitling someone's beliefs is not right at all no matter how illogical it sounds. im not getting offended because i'm not gonna let people on an internet forum get to me like that but i don't take shots at people for not believing what i believe in.

the...

you're no better than them

is such a lame excuse.

and....

why arent we still adding books to the bible? cause those people are admitted to insane asylums....

- real spit.

oh, so he spoke to dudes who wrote down EXACTLY what he told them?

so, who decides who was being told stories from god and who was being told stories from schitzophrenia?

and once that's decided, who is to say that they didnt add or take away?

- i VIVIDLY remember asking these exact same questions at the age of 9 years old, and was quickly given the *shursh boy!*,
roll.gif

.....straight up. and i KNOW i was under 10 so i dont know exactly how old i was. but these 3 questions was my exact line of thinking within seconds from the answers i was given about the origins of the bible.

- HEY! now i remember.....

Me: how do we know the books of the bible werent written by crazy people?
Dad: God wouldnt let that happen to us

0c82557e4c6c4d134b26c42abddaad80947cbef.jpg

roll.gif

the...

you're no better than them

is such a lame excuse.

and....

why arent we still adding books to the bible? cause those people are admitted to insane asylums....

- real spit.

oh, so he spoke to dudes who wrote down EXACTLY what he told them?

so, who decides who was being told stories from god and who was being told stories from schitzophrenia?

and once that's decided, who is to say that they didnt add or take away?

- i VIVIDLY remember asking these exact same questions at the age of 9 years old, and was quickly given the *shursh boy!*,
roll.gif

.....straight up. and i KNOW i was under 10 so i dont know exactly how old i was. but these 3 questions was my exact line of thinking within seconds from the answers i was given about the origins of the bible.

- HEY! now i remember.....

Me: how do we know the books of the bible werent written by crazy people?
Dad: God wouldnt let that happen to us

0c82557e4c6c4d134b26c42abddaad80947cbef.jpg

roll.gif

i believe because i was raised to believe.

thats hilarious to some people.

- no. what hilarious is, alot of us were raised the same way.......and then we decided to us our brains.

.....we're 'raised' to do alot of things. the difference? the difference between them all and the bible/religion? that little infallable part they slid into religion. kinda slick isnt it? i mean.....from a marketing standpoint
wink.gif

- no. what hilarious is, alot of us were raised the same way.......and then we decided to us our brains.

.....we're 'raised' to do alot of things. the difference? the difference between them all and the bible/religion? that little infallable part they slid into religion. kinda slick isnt it? i mean.....from a marketing standpoint
wink.gif

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

.....we're 'raised' to do alot of things.

what it comes down to. I was raised fairly religious, all I had to do to question religion is the underrated act of thinking.

what it comes down to. I was raised fairly religious, all I had to do to question religion is the underrated act of thinking.

You guys are right, if you believe in something then you should actually do research in what you believe in so you can know why you believe in it. My parents raised me to think for myself and to do research. Of course I was brought up and raised to believe what they believe in, but at a certain point I had to ask myself why did I believe in these things and if I wanted to continue into this course of thinking. Regardless if you believe in this or that, you should be able to give significant reasons on why you do so.

If your just an Christian OR Atheist because someone told you to be one then you loose.

You guys are right, if you believe in something then you should actually do research in what you believe in so you can know why you believe in it. My parents raised me to think for myself and to do research. Of course I was brought up and raised to believe what they believe in, but at a certain point I had to ask myself why did I believe in these things and if I wanted to continue into this course of thinking. Regardless if you believe in this or that, you should be able to give significant reasons on why you do so.

If your just an Christian OR Atheist because someone told you to be one then you loose.

nah, that's what i mean....

like, i was raised in the church, although not strict, i was raised in the church...

i just dont see how someone can believe in something so strongly without questioning it once...

like "i dunno, man, my mom raised me to believe in god illogically...i know its illogical, but thats how i was raised"

like, your own mind doesnt force you to answer these questions?

how do you answer them?

"uh, i dunno, but thats just how i was raised?"

im not trynna be funny or patronize you, either, im genuinely interested...

(why do i always seem to take the side of athiests, too? i definitely believe in some sort of higher power, i do not think of the higher power as a being, moreso a force of nature....organized religion is just waaaaaaaay too illogical and ridiculous for me to ride with, but i do consider myself spiritual and NOT athiest...i actually dont know how to properly classify myself...)

like, how do you practice your religion to develop a relationship with your god......by interacting with other humans?

like, a pastor, he's a regular human..he's no more connected to the god you believe in than you are....so why do people go to a pastor in order to communicate with their god? what can he tell you or provide you with that your god can't? that's my main problem with organized religion, i mean, besides the corruption, manipulation and horrors it has been responsible for throughout human history...

lol, anton, i dropped a gem in another post that im sure you will get at least a chuckle from... go find it...
nerd.gif

nah, that's what i mean....

like, i was raised in the church, although not strict, i was raised in the church...

i just dont see how someone can believe in something so strongly without questioning it once...

like "i dunno, man, my mom raised me to believe in god illogically...i know its illogical, but thats how i was raised"

like, your own mind doesnt force you to answer these questions?

how do you answer them?

"uh, i dunno, but thats just how i was raised?"

im not trynna be funny or patronize you, either, im genuinely interested...

(why do i always seem to take the side of athiests, too? i definitely believe in some sort of higher power, i do not think of the higher power as a being, moreso a force of nature....organized religion is just waaaaaaaay too illogical and ridiculous for me to ride with, but i do consider myself spiritual and NOT athiest...i actually dont know how to properly classify myself...)

like, how do you practice your religion to develop a relationship with your god......by interacting with other humans?

like, a pastor, he's a regular human..he's no more connected to the god you believe in than you are....so why do people go to a pastor in order to communicate with their god? what can he tell you or provide you with that your god can't? that's my main problem with organized religion, i mean, besides the corruption, manipulation and horrors it has been responsible for throughout human history...

lol, anton, i dropped a gem in another post that im sure you will get at least a chuckle from... go find it...
nerd.gif

im 23. obviously i still believe on my own accord and not just because my parents raised me to so somewhere i must have found a personal reason why i still believe so i dont "loose".

im 23. obviously i still believe on my own accord and not just because my parents raised me to so somewhere i must have found a personal reason why i still believe so i dont "loose".

Back
Top Bottom