This man is pound for pound the best WR in the league!

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

I get jealous watching all these other teams with great WR's and I'm stuck with

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

I'm sorry, but IMO Santana Moss ain't even top 10.

Well, I guess now that I think of it, he's been putting up numbers with trash for years so...

I dunno, it's too hard to say. Football is such a team sport that quantifying "greatness" is a very hard thing to do.
laugh.gif
u buggin bro....u don't think he's been a top 10 WR in 08'? Name me 10 better WR's than him in the league right now...he's a top 7 WR in the NFL...me being the homer I am, I'd put him in my top 5 (based off of this season)

I'm taking these people before him (in no order):
Jennings
Marshall
Colston
Steve Smith
Fitzgerald
Wayne
TO
Moss
R. White
Andre Johnson
Based off of what they're doing in 2008, are you sure about that?

I'd take off Randy Moss, Reggie Wayne, Terrell Owens, and *gasp* even Marques Colston.

Santana Moss IS a top 5-7 WR in the NFL right now.

LOL.

Clownish statement....

How so?

You can't look at it like though... I mean, by your logic, Jennings is the best in the L... because of what he's doing right now.

Santana ain't top 10, no way, no how.

the fact that steve is just freakishly strong and built like a pitbull is what makes him so good.

If santana had that strength they would pretty much be the same dude. But he doesn't, so they aren't.

Advantage Steve Smith.

Edit: Never.........Ever Forget about this man, He is the best until he hangs them up

1571535914_fb5d31b6b6.jpg

this thread would be at 20+ pages if JRain was still around

Check the sig, Jennings all day. IF you want to talk about 2008 you cant forget the player with the second most Yards in the NFL

Well, I guess now that I think of it, he's been putting up numbers with trash for years so...

I dunno, it's too hard to say. Football is such a team sport that quantifying "greatness" is a very hard thing to do.
laugh.gif
u buggin bro....u don't think he's been a top 10 WR in 08'? Name me 10 better WR's than him in the league right now...he's a top 7 WR in the NFL...me being the homer I am, I'd put him in my top 5 (based off of this season)

Jennings
Marshall
Colston
Steve Smith
Fitzgerald
Wayne
TO
Moss
R. White
Andre Johnson

I'd take off Randy Moss, Reggie Wayne, Terrell Owens, and *gasp* even Marques Colston.

LOL.

Clownish statement....

How so?
You can't look at it like though... I mean, by your logic, Jennings is the best in the L... because of what he's doing right now.

But going by your logic, Colston and his 82 receiving yards ALL SEASON is > what Moss has done in 08'. I don't get it.

Like I was saying w. Deuce...I have NO issue saying guys like Colston, Terrell Owens, etc etc have WAAAAY better resumes than Santana Moss. However, if we aretalking about the present aka. the 2008 season, Santana Moss has put himself as one of the top 5-7 WR's in the NFL. If we are talking about over thecourse of the past couple of years, you can put guys like Chad Johnson, Housh, TO, Colston, etc etc over Santana Moss. That's not what is beingargued....tell me 7 recievers in the 08' season who have been better?

Do you have issue with someone saying that right now, Clinton Portis is a top 2 back in the NFL? Or is it we can't say that because guys like LT, LJ, etchave had better seasons in years past, therefore they are having a better 08' than portis?

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Even my boy DoubleJ's knows he was wrong for believing that Moss is a Top 7 WR in the league, completely wrong.

Name me 7 WR's who are better than Santana Moss in the 2008 season.
If we're talking just about 2008 than you have a point, but overall I wouldn't say Santana Moss is Top 7, but in regards to 2008 in no particular order here you go..............

1. Steve Smith
2. Larry Fitzgerald
3. Andre Johnson
4. Brandon Marshell
5. Calvin Johnson
6. Santana Moss
7a. Roddy White
7b. Anquan Boldin--even with his injury

How is my man Greg Jennings not on this list?

be2156ee5190c9ed9baeab3bd63db62a16b85bb.jpg

laugh.gif

Jennings
Marshall
Colston
Steve Smith
Fitzgerald
Wayne
TO
Moss
R. White
Andre Johnson

LOL.

Clownish statement....

How so?

But going by your logic, Colston and his 82 receiving yards ALL SEASON is > what Moss has done in 08'. I don't get it.

Like I was saying w. Deuce...I have NO issue saying guys like Colston, Terrell Owens, etc etc have WAAAAY better resumes than Santana Moss. However, if we are talking about the present aka. the 2008 season, Santana Moss has put himself as one of the top 5-7 WR's in the NFL. If we are talking about over the course of the past couple of years, you can put guys like Chad Johnson, Housh, TO, Colston, etc etc over Santana Moss. That's not what is being argued....tell me 7 recievers in the 08' season who have been better?

Do you have issue with someone saying that right now, Clinton Portis is a top 2 back in the NFL? Or is it we can't say that because guys like LT, LJ, etc have had better seasons in years past, therefore they are having a better 08' than portis?

No, Colston has been injured. That doesn't mean to say I'd rather have him (healthy) on my team than I would S. Moss.

In a fantasy world where you choose your team like Fantasy Football (but you're actually making a team that will play), S. Moss ain't getting pickedbefore a good 10-14 other receivers.

Back
Top Bottom