This needs to be discussed

Originally Posted by adtheone

So you just told this man to turn down getting his money back + 40 bucks. What business school did you graduate from that taught you to think like that? He turned down the buyer for 35 bucks that he doesn't know if he is going to get from someone else. The real problem I see is that he never even tried to work with the buyer in reaching a happy medium for both persons involved. Now if he isn't able to sell for 285 bucks and tries to reach back out to the person that offered him the 250 bucks the buyer will say no and offer lower than the original offer he made because the seller turned it down in the beginning. That is where you sellers mess up alot of times hoping for your "lowest price on the Internet". Stop saying that because you never know what the lowest price online is, how about just setting a fair price on your item that you would pay for it if you wanted to buy it from someone.

What business school did YOU graduate from? You jump at the first offer that's thrown at you?

I'm not sure if you're a old member w/a new ID, or if you're really just new, but you'll soon figure out how things work on here.

Most recently, I had a pair of shoes for sale, and I wanted $280....I got an e-mail asking offering $200, so I didn't even bother replying. 3 days later, I got another message offering me the full price. Either he wanted them bad enough, or realized my price WAS the best price. This isn't the first time that's happened. I've had TONS of times were I'll have a price...let's say, $300...and I'll get a message asking "can I do $280?". No, I can't...cause every dollar counts. Remove $16 for shipping, and $11 from PayPal, and that leave little room for profit. Of course, they'll say "man, $280 is all I've got". If that's ALL you have, you need to save your money...buying shoes should be the LAST thing on your mind. If you're worried about getting a "fair price", then you need to do whatever it takes to get the shoes for retail.

So you just told this man to turn down getting his money back + 40 bucks. What business school did you graduate from that taught you to think like that? He turned down the buyer for 35 bucks that he doesn't know if he is going to get from someone else. The real problem I see is that he never even tried to work with the buyer in reaching a happy medium for both persons involved. Now if he isn't able to sell for 285 bucks and tries to reach back out to the person that offered him the 250 bucks the buyer will say no and offer lower than the original offer he made because the seller turned it down in the beginning. That is where you sellers mess up alot of times hoping for your "lowest price on the Internet". Stop saying that because you never know what the lowest price online is, how about just setting a fair price on your item that you would pay for it if you wanted to buy it from someone.

What business school did YOU graduate from? You jump at the first offer that's thrown at you?

I'm not sure if you're a old member w/a new ID, or if you're really just new, but you'll soon figure out how things work on here.

Most recently, I had a pair of shoes for sale, and I wanted $280....I got an e-mail asking offering $200, so I didn't even bother replying. 3 days later, I got another message offering me the full price. Either he wanted them bad enough, or realized my price WAS the best price. This isn't the first time that's happened. I've had TONS of times were I'll have a price...let's say, $300...and I'll get a message asking "can I do $280?". No, I can't...cause every dollar counts. Remove $16 for shipping, and $11 from PayPal, and that leave little room for profit. Of course, they'll say "man, $280 is all I've got". If that's ALL you have, you need to save your money...buying shoes should be the LAST thing on your mind. If you're worried about getting a "fair price", then you need to do whatever it takes to get the shoes for retail.

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

THE SAME PEOPLE WHO CRASH ON BUYERS WHO MAKE OFFERS, THEY THEMSELVES WALK INTO DEALERSHIPS AND DONT EXPECT TO PAY STICKER PRICE.....

Apples & Oranges, bro...

Any idiot knows the mark-up is HUGE on cars, but...like most consumers, you do your homework. Find out who has the best price, dealer incentives, rebates, etc.

Like I said, when it comes to shoes, I don't haggle with people. Their price is their price. If their price is too high for me, then I find ANOTHER buyer with a lower price. I'm not gonna e-mail a guy a offer of $225 when he SAID his price was $300. I'm going to find someone as close to that $225 as possible, or save up longer until I get what the current "going rate" is.

I think a lot of ya'll have to be on the opposite end to truly understand.

THE SAME PEOPLE WHO CRASH ON BUYERS WHO MAKE OFFERS, THEY THEMSELVES WALK INTO DEALERSHIPS AND DONT EXPECT TO PAY STICKER PRICE.....

Apples & Oranges, bro...

Any idiot knows the mark-up is HUGE on cars, but...like most consumers, you do your homework. Find out who has the best price, dealer incentives, rebates, etc.

Like I said, when it comes to shoes, I don't haggle with people. Their price is their price. If their price is too high for me, then I find ANOTHER buyer with a lower price. I'm not gonna e-mail a guy a offer of $225 when he SAID his price was $300. I'm going to find someone as close to that $225 as possible, or save up longer until I get what the current "going rate" is.

That is where you sellers mess up alot of times hoping for your "lowest price on the Internet". Stop saying that because you never know what the lowest price online is, how about just setting a fair price on your item that you would pay for it if you wanted to buy it from someone.

Websites were asking $400+, ebay was $350-$400, and the buy/sell forum and the market place had these for $330+. I'm 99% sure that my asking price was the cheapest on the net. I even told him that if he found it cheaper, that I would match it. And I'm sorry, but $285 was a fair price and then some.
Cameron Nelson wrote:
memphissfinest wrote:

Bingo! 

That is where you sellers mess up alot of times hoping for your "lowest price on the Internet". Stop saying that because you never know what the lowest price online is, how about just setting a fair price on your item that you would pay for it if you wanted to buy it from someone.

Websites were asking $400+, ebay was $350-$400, and the buy/sell forum and the market place had these for $330+. I'm 99% sure that my asking price was the cheapest on the net. I even told him that if he found it cheaper, that I would match it. And I'm sorry, but $285 was a fair price and then some.
Cameron Nelson wrote:
memphissfinest wrote:

Bingo! 

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

Cameron Nelson wrote:
memphissfinest wrote:

Bingo! 

the way i see it is simple its supply and demand people want the tokyo v's so they pay a grand everyone knows there not near that in price same for uber rare shoes people that sell on flightclub ebay sell for a premium and the people on forums 99% of the time give a great deal as far as i see it if its for 400 on flightclub 350 on ebay 285 is a steal especially if u want them hell i paid 800 for my yeezys why because flight club had them for 1000 no one else had my size so to me the thing i wanted most and im saving 200 ill take it and 800 for me not sitting outside a store for a week straight is well worth it to me imo

Cameron Nelson wrote:
memphissfinest wrote:

Bingo! 

the way i see it is simple its supply and demand people want the tokyo v's so they pay a grand everyone knows there not near that in price same for uber rare shoes people that sell on flightclub ebay sell for a premium and the people on forums 99% of the time give a great deal as far as i see it if its for 400 on flightclub 350 on ebay 285 is a steal especially if u want them hell i paid 800 for my yeezys why because flight club had them for 1000 no one else had my size so to me the thing i wanted most and im saving 200 ill take it and 800 for me not sitting outside a store for a week straight is well worth it to me imo

though i disagree with some elements of Cameron's analysis,
i agree that it actually takes some time & experience in the market as a buyer & seller
to develop a well-rounded opinion on all this

& if you are honestly unexperienced or "newer" to all this, you should probably
try to listen and learn as much as you can to some of these cats on here
like i did years ago

there are cheap buyers & greedy sellers, we all know this to be true
so it can be a waste arguing some of the nuances of that relationship

i have noticed more cats bragging about "steals" though than ever before
but then again, there are a lot more used kicks out there than ever before ha ha

my 2 cents for today

i agree that it actually takes some time & experience in the market as a buyer & seller

like i did years ago

but then again, there are a lot more used kicks out there than ever before ha ha

my 2 cents for today

Originally Posted by green rhino123

like i did years ago

my 2 cents for today
Thank you...

Personally, I've been reselling for over 10 years, and I've seen it all/done it all....back in the day, a large amount of NT'ers collection were attributed to resellers. Things were nowhere near what they are now.

IMO, it's DEFINITELY NOT for any novices lookin to make a buck, esp.since the market has completely changed. Stores have tightened up their policies, prices are down overall, etc.....you def.need experience to do this.

The sellers on here aren't being #+@%!...they're speaking from an experience that a lot of people here know NOTHING about.

For ME, I'm not lookin to get rich off releases...if seller A is charging $300 & seller B is charging $290, I'm gonna charge $275....which is why 99% of the time, my prices are non-negotiable. If you're THAT set on paying a lower price, then contact someone else. I dont think people understand how much work it takes to sell shoes...it takes time to take pics, upload, answer numerous inquiries, package 'em up, ship 'em off, and even the time you had to put in to get them in the first place.

I still think a majority of people try to get something for nothing. It's not my fault you chose to sleep in, or tried & failed to get 'em online for the 10th time, and now you're online *****in about resellers when it's your damn fault you didn't put in the proper work to ensure you had a pair. If a shoe is used, and you feel the price is ridiculous cause they're worn, then hey...you've got a choice; take it or leave it. When a price is set, the seller takes all the flaws into consideration. Also, a person's financial situation plays a part: some people are hurtin & need extra money. Some just want to clean their closet & make a few bucks...and some truly know what they have & refuse to accept any offer you throw at 'em. I think a lot of people assume that people NEED the money, so they'll jump at the first offer

Originally Posted by green rhino123

like i did years ago

my 2 cents for today
Thank you...

Personally, I've been reselling for over 10 years, and I've seen it all/done it all....back in the day, a large amount of NT'ers collection were attributed to resellers. Things were nowhere near what they are now.

IMO, it's DEFINITELY NOT for any novices lookin to make a buck, esp.since the market has completely changed. Stores have tightened up their policies, prices are down overall, etc.....you def.need experience to do this.

The sellers on here aren't being #+@%!...they're speaking from an experience that a lot of people here know NOTHING about.

For ME, I'm not lookin to get rich off releases...if seller A is charging $300 & seller B is charging $290, I'm gonna charge $275....which is why 99% of the time, my prices are non-negotiable. If you're THAT set on paying a lower price, then contact someone else. I dont think people understand how much work it takes to sell shoes...it takes time to take pics, upload, answer numerous inquiries, package 'em up, ship 'em off, and even the time you had to put in to get them in the first place.

I still think a majority of people try to get something for nothing. It's not my fault you chose to sleep in, or tried & failed to get 'em online for the 10th time, and now you're online *****in about resellers when it's your damn fault you didn't put in the proper work to ensure you had a pair. If a shoe is used, and you feel the price is ridiculous cause they're worn, then hey...you've got a choice; take it or leave it. When a price is set, the seller takes all the flaws into consideration. Also, a person's financial situation plays a part: some people are hurtin & need extra money. Some just want to clean their closet & make a few bucks...and some truly know what they have & refuse to accept any offer you throw at 'em. I think a lot of people assume that people NEED the money, so they'll jump at the first offer

Originally Posted by GhostE

this is the reason why i see alot of cool grey 11s sitting in the internet for 250+

Maybe in your size... the last 6 size 13s on ebay.. cheapest was 260 something shipped, 329+29 ,90.70+255.70, 250.00, 279.99+18.00  & 299.99+18.00

this is the reason why i see alot of cool grey 11s sitting in the internet for 250+

Maybe in your size... the last 6 size 13s on ebay.. cheapest was 260 something shipped, 329+29 ,90.70+255.70, 250.00, 279.99+18.00  & 299.99+18.00

Originally Posted by Cameron Nelson

This is pretty much where I'm at. I can't tell you how many times I've had to answer numerous email questions over stupid things, just to try to go to the extra mile to make a sale. I handle my business the same way. People asking 290-300, 275 it is. When I list on ebay, my shoes generally dont make it past the first day, let alone 2. Im never hurting for many, when Im selling its because Im tired of the sneaker, something else has filled its spot in the rotation, I dont like the way it fits or I just plain want something else. If you are broke and need to sell sneakers for money, then you need to ask yourself why you bought them in the first place.

This is pretty much where I'm at. I can't tell you how many times I've had to answer numerous email questions over stupid things, just to try to go to the extra mile to make a sale. I handle my business the same way. People asking 290-300, 275 it is. When I list on ebay, my shoes generally dont make it past the first day, let alone 2. Im never hurting for many, when Im selling its because Im tired of the sneaker, something else has filled its spot in the rotation, I dont like the way it fits or I just plain want something else. If you are broke and need to sell sneakers for money, then you need to ask yourself why you bought them in the first place.

Apples & Oranges, bro...

Take it from a dealership sales manager that margins are really not HUGE in our industry.  We operate on a 6-8% margin, clothing & shoes in particular have close to 100%.  Look at the wholesale price for the Concord XI's, $92/pr compared to $175 retail.  Where big margins come from is through manufacturer rebates that they advertise the hell out of.  so yes, you do gotta be an idiot to pay full price for a car when theres rebates, like near the end of the model year.  not trying to argue but thought I could provide some info
happy.gif

Apples & Oranges, bro...

Take it from a dealership sales manager that margins are really not HUGE in our industry.  We operate on a 6-8% margin, clothing & shoes in particular have close to 100%.  Look at the wholesale price for the Concord XI's, $92/pr compared to $175 retail.  Where big margins come from is through manufacturer rebates that they advertise the hell out of.  so yes, you do gotta be an idiot to pay full price for a car when theres rebates, like near the end of the model year.  not trying to argue but thought I could provide some info
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Rippaflow

I've seen Cool Grey XIs for $170 and $180. 
Cameron:

I agree with you wholeheartedly. Communication is the most important thing when you are posting an ad. I never thought I would ever resell a pair of shoes but recently I have had to. I have to say, my friend, this is not easy. It is just as difficult for me to buy a shoe at MY price as it is to sell a shoe at MY price. Although I have only recently just started buying shoes online from third parties, I bet I know a lot more than the average person. I understand where you are coming from. Only if you have resold shoes before do you know how difficult it is to sell. Even when you have roughed out all the edges in terms of fair price, shipping costs, payment arrangements etc. It is still very hard.

To Everyone complaining about resellers:

Now, personally, I do not like resellers. I don't understand why people would resell when the margins for sales are very small. I mean there are ways to make more money like having the buyer pay the PayPal fees and shipping fees but it still isn't worth it. Personally, I always look to pay the PayPal fee because I know it's a tax to the seller and all the seller really wants from PayPal is protection. I pay it because it gives me some credibility. I am willing to pay the PayPal fee and give the seller FREE protection so I can build a reputation that I am a legit buyer.  Anyway, if you want to enjoy your shoes, you will have to deal with a reseller somewhere down the line. It's just part of what the "shoe game" has become. You can blame the "hypebeasts." You can blame whatever you want, it is what it is. It's all about doing your homework and being patient.

That's all I have to say for now. Thanks and have a good night!

Cameron:

I agree with you wholeheartedly. Communication is the most important thing when you are posting an ad. I never thought I would ever resell a pair of shoes but recently I have had to. I have to say, my friend, this is not easy. It is just as difficult for me to buy a shoe at MY price as it is to sell a shoe at MY price. Although I have only recently just started buying shoes online from third parties, I bet I know a lot more than the average person. I understand where you are coming from. Only if you have resold shoes before do you know how difficult it is to sell. Even when you have roughed out all the edges in terms of fair price, shipping costs, payment arrangements etc. It is still very hard.

To Everyone complaining about resellers:

Now, personally, I do not like resellers. I don't understand why people would resell when the margins for sales are very small. I mean there are ways to make more money like having the buyer pay the PayPal fees and shipping fees but it still isn't worth it. Personally, I always look to pay the PayPal fee because I know it's a tax to the seller and all the seller really wants from PayPal is protection. I pay it because it gives me some credibility. I am willing to pay the PayPal fee and give the seller FREE protection so I can build a reputation that I am a legit buyer.  Anyway, if you want to enjoy your shoes, you will have to deal with a reseller somewhere down the line. It's just part of what the "shoe game" has become. You can blame the "hypebeasts." You can blame whatever you want, it is what it is. It's all about doing your homework and being patient.

That's all I have to say for now. Thanks and have a good night!

i dont think there is a sneaker recession going on anymore

prices on older and newer in demand shoes are on the up swing from what i see and hear from other resellers and see on websites

if you need quick cash you sell cheap

if you dont need it that bad then try and hold out and sell as high as the pair can get

BTW the only shoe i have never seen not drop in price was all 3 of the air yeeyz's and next is the lebron south beach

everything else that was hyped up started high dropped or tanked then some shoes went back up

a current and perfect example of this is the YOTR jordan 7's

it started off high and now is talking a big fall

i dont think there is a sneaker recession going on anymore

prices on older and newer in demand shoes are on the up swing from what i see and hear from other resellers and see on websites

if you need quick cash you sell cheap

if you dont need it that bad then try and hold out and sell as high as the pair can get

BTW the only shoe i have never seen not drop in price was all 3 of the air yeeyz's and next is the lebron south beach

everything else that was hyped up started high dropped or tanked then some shoes went back up

a current and perfect example of this is the YOTR jordan 7's

it started off high and now is talking a big fall

Perfect example of what I'm talking about.

Dudes are never satisfied with a deal no matter how good it is.
Its only a good deal for you, if you have no room for negotiating dont post anything for sell. You should always expect someone to counter offer on something that is not sold out of a store whether brick and mortar or online.

Who lied to you?!

If that's the case, don't be upset when someone shuts your offer down, or looks at you as a cheapass...

It doesn't even matter if it's a "brick & mortar" store...dudes always try & get somethin for nothin. If you dont agree with the price that a seller posts, why not just find one that DOES fit into your price range?

and that's the thing. alot of these dudes on here are CHEAP and expect a basehead price on shoes and then get mad when they can't find something for the price they want to pay.  Nothing needs to be discussed here. If a seller overcharges 9 out of 10 times the stuff will sit when they overcharge and then they wonder why the stuff doesn't sell. at the end of the day it's their stuff though and they can set whatever price they want. it doesn't mean it will move.

however broke lowballers are comedy. i've listed certain shoes for dirt cheap at prices that wouldn't be found elsewhere and lowballers would offer me even lower then that, and then get butthurt then i wouldn't respond to them.  All my listings say, " I won't be offended if you lowball me as long as your not offended when I don't reply back" When I list something for a good price it sells and it usually sells quickly so why would i play that haggling crap.

dudes get mad though because i've told numerous people on here that if they want to lowball and play that cheap crap on stuff that's already fairly priced already then maybe they should find a new hobby or spend their money elsewhere rather then get mad when they don't get a 10 cents on the dollar deal they feel ENTITLED too.

Perfect example of what I'm talking about.

Dudes are never satisfied with a deal no matter how good it is.
Its only a good deal for you, if you have no room for negotiating dont post anything for sell. You should always expect someone to counter offer on something that is not sold out of a store whether brick and mortar or online.

Who lied to you?!

If that's the case, don't be upset when someone shuts your offer down, or looks at you as a cheapass...

It doesn't even matter if it's a "brick & mortar" store...dudes always try & get somethin for nothin. If you dont agree with the price that a seller posts, why not just find one that DOES fit into your price range?

and that's the thing. alot of these dudes on here are CHEAP and expect a basehead price on shoes and then get mad when they can't find something for the price they want to pay.  Nothing needs to be discussed here. If a seller overcharges 9 out of 10 times the stuff will sit when they overcharge and then they wonder why the stuff doesn't sell. at the end of the day it's their stuff though and they can set whatever price they want. it doesn't mean it will move.

however broke lowballers are comedy. i've listed certain shoes for dirt cheap at prices that wouldn't be found elsewhere and lowballers would offer me even lower then that, and then get butthurt then i wouldn't respond to them.  All my listings say, " I won't be offended if you lowball me as long as your not offended when I don't reply back" When I list something for a good price it sells and it usually sells quickly so why would i play that haggling crap.

dudes get mad though because i've told numerous people on here that if they want to lowball and play that cheap crap on stuff that's already fairly priced already then maybe they should find a new hobby or spend their money elsewhere rather then get mad when they don't get a 10 cents on the dollar deal they feel ENTITLED too.

Originally Posted by oneand23

Check these out... Last 7 size 13s sold, not listed, on ebay for cool grey xi. These were highlighted green indicating that they sold.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nike-Air-Jordan...3921406?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item4aab717cfe 250.00 + 20.00
http://cgi.ebay.com/Air-Jordan-Cool...0883113?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item2eb5572629 242.50 + 16.00
http://cgi.ebay.com/DS-Nike-Air-Jor...8276473?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item45f97a2a79 329.99 + 29.99
http://cgi.ebay.com/Nike-air-Jordan...8479199?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item336804d4df 250.00
http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-Air-Jordan-...5196045?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item3cb8024c0d 279.99 + 18.00
http://cgi.ebay.com/Nike-Air-Jordan...1987619?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item41595aa7a3 299.99 + 18.00
http://cgi.ebay.com/NIKE-AIR-JORDAN...96?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&var=&hash=item76bfba9549 1.00 + 309.00

Then there is some in the 230-250 range after that, with a couple that have been listed New In Box that have been worn....

Another reseller gripe! If you are selling shoes and you wore them stop listing them as new in box! I bought bred 2001s not too long ago listed as NIB and I got them, and jumpman was partially faded on both insoles and you could tell they had been worn 10-15 times by the sole wear.

Back
Top Bottom