This needs to be discussed

Originally Posted by oneand23

Originally Posted by Rippaflow

Originally Posted by GhostE

this is the reason why i see alot of cool grey 11s sitting in the internet for 250+

Maybe in your size... the last 6 size 13s on ebay.. cheapest was 260 something shipped, 329+29 ,90.70+255.70, 250.00, 279.99+18.00  & 299.99+18.00

I've seen Cool Grey XIs for $170 and $180. 
Check these out... Last 7 size 13s sold, not listed, on ebay for cool grey xi. These were highlighted green indicating that they sold.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nike-Air-Jordan...3921406?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item4aab717cfe 250.00 + 20.00
http://cgi.ebay.com/Air-Jordan-Cool...0883113?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item2eb5572629 242.50 + 16.00
http://cgi.ebay.com/DS-Nike-Air-Jor...8276473?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item45f97a2a79 329.99 + 29.99
http://cgi.ebay.com/Nike-air-Jordan...8479199?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item336804d4df 250.00
http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-Air-Jordan-...5196045?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item3cb8024c0d 279.99 + 18.00
http://cgi.ebay.com/Nike-Air-Jordan...1987619?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item41595aa7a3 299.99 + 18.00
http://cgi.ebay.com/NIKE-AIR-JORDAN...96?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&var=&hash=item76bfba9549 1.00 + 309.00

Then there is some in the 230-250 range after that, with a couple that have been listed New In Box that have been worn....

Another reseller gripe! If you are selling shoes and you wore them stop listing them as new in box! I bought bred 2001s not too long ago listed as NIB and I got them, and jumpman was partially faded on both insoles and you could tell they had been worn 10-15 times by the sole wear.

this is the reason why i see alot of cool grey 11s sitting in the internet for 250+

Maybe in your size... the last 6 size 13s on ebay.. cheapest was 260 something shipped, 329+29 ,90.70+255.70, 250.00, 279.99+18.00  & 299.99+18.00

Cameron:

I agree with you wholeheartedly. Communication is the most important thing when you are posting an ad. I never thought I would ever resell a pair of shoes but recently I have had to. I have to say, my friend, this is not easy. It is just as difficult for me to buy a shoe at MY price as it is to sell a shoe at MY price. Although I have only recently just started buying shoes online from third parties, I bet I know a lot more than the average person. I understand where you are coming from. Only if you have resold shoes before do you know how difficult it is to sell. Even when you have roughed out all the edges in terms of fair price, shipping costs, payment arrangements etc. It is still very hard.

To Everyone complaining about resellers:

Now, personally, I do not like resellers. I don't understand why people would resell when the margins for sales are very small. I mean there are ways to make more money like having the buyer pay the PayPal fees and shipping fees but it still isn't worth it. Personally, I always look to pay the PayPal fee because I know it's a tax to the seller and all the seller really wants from PayPal is protection. I pay it because it gives me some credibility. I am willing to pay the PayPal fee and give the seller FREE protection so I can build a reputation that I am a legit buyer.  Anyway, if you want to enjoy your shoes, you will have to deal with a reseller somewhere down the line. It's just part of what the "shoe game" has become. You can blame the "hypebeasts." You can blame whatever you want, it is what it is. It's all about doing your homework and being patient.

That's all I have to say for now. Thanks and have a good night!
Bro, I'mma put it to you like this...

I've got 2 kids, a wife in nursing school on her way to an RN, and bills, bills, bills (no Destiny's Child). Reselling helps pay the bills and also fuels my own passion. Unlike a LOT of new resellers, this is also my passion.

As for "profit", that depends...all of it isn't small at all. SOME get them early, and maximize on profits. SOME get a ton on release date, therefore they can offer a low price and make more money because of their quantity, and SOME just want to make a few bucks on the side to afford their own pair. The biggest profit I made doing it was the DMP's....had 26 packs, sold out in 8 hours, and made $6900 profit.

What I TRULY don't understand is how you can hate them....I've had people on here dislike me because of it. For what?! I'm not even in your city! How does what I do affect YOU?! When it comes to shoes these days, it's all about establishing relationships: stop goin store-to-store; pick ONE store....maybe 2, get all your stuff from there; that way, the staff becomes familiar with you, and most likely will hook you up with discounts without you even asking for them. Stores remember people and appreciate patronage. When you DO need a pair put to the side, they'll look out, cause you shop with 'em.

I think a lot of people screw themselves by strictly shopping online. As much as I love computers, a part of me doesn't trust 'em...esp.when it comes to a hyped release. I could care less if some people think you're/I'm "too old to be waiting in line"...if you want the shoe as bad as you say you do, sitting on your computer at Midnight with 3 phones goin at the same time just doesn't cut it. For every person that gets a pair, 10 people end up bein assed out....you see it ALL the time on here. I give 'em props for their patience, cause I can't do it.

Cameron:

I agree with you wholeheartedly. Communication is the most important thing when you are posting an ad. I never thought I would ever resell a pair of shoes but recently I have had to. I have to say, my friend, this is not easy. It is just as difficult for me to buy a shoe at MY price as it is to sell a shoe at MY price. Although I have only recently just started buying shoes online from third parties, I bet I know a lot more than the average person. I understand where you are coming from. Only if you have resold shoes before do you know how difficult it is to sell. Even when you have roughed out all the edges in terms of fair price, shipping costs, payment arrangements etc. It is still very hard.

To Everyone complaining about resellers:

Now, personally, I do not like resellers. I don't understand why people would resell when the margins for sales are very small. I mean there are ways to make more money like having the buyer pay the PayPal fees and shipping fees but it still isn't worth it. Personally, I always look to pay the PayPal fee because I know it's a tax to the seller and all the seller really wants from PayPal is protection. I pay it because it gives me some credibility. I am willing to pay the PayPal fee and give the seller FREE protection so I can build a reputation that I am a legit buyer.  Anyway, if you want to enjoy your shoes, you will have to deal with a reseller somewhere down the line. It's just part of what the "shoe game" has become. You can blame the "hypebeasts." You can blame whatever you want, it is what it is. It's all about doing your homework and being patient.

That's all I have to say for now. Thanks and have a good night!

I've got 2 kids, a wife in nursing school on her way to an RN, and bills, bills, bills (no Destiny's Child). Reselling helps pay the bills and also fuels my own passion. Unlike a LOT of new resellers, this is also my passion.

As for "profit", that depends...all of it isn't small at all. SOME get them early, and maximize on profits. SOME get a ton on release date, therefore they can offer a low price and make more money because of their quantity, and SOME just want to make a few bucks on the side to afford their own pair. The biggest profit I made doing it was the DMP's....had 26 packs, sold out in 8 hours, and made $6900 profit.

What I TRULY don't understand is how you can hate them....I've had people on here dislike me because of it. For what?! I'm not even in your city! How does what I do affect YOU?! When it comes to shoes these days, it's all about establishing relationships: stop goin store-to-store; pick ONE store....maybe 2, get all your stuff from there; that way, the staff becomes familiar with you, and most likely will hook you up with discounts without you even asking for them. Stores remember people and appreciate patronage. When you DO need a pair put to the side, they'll look out, cause you shop with 'em.

I think a lot of people screw themselves by strictly shopping online. As much as I love computers, a part of me doesn't trust 'em...esp.when it comes to a hyped release. I could care less if some people think you're/I'm "too old to be waiting in line"...if you want the shoe as bad as you say you do, sitting on your computer at Midnight with 3 phones goin at the same time just doesn't cut it. For every person that gets a pair, 10 people end up bein assed out....you see it ALL the time on here. I give 'em props for their patience, cause I can't do it.

Originally Posted by Cameron Nelson

my take is this, if you buy shoes regularly, how can you not, have a connect or stores that your cool with people who work there.  it's dudes on here that buy shoes almost every week or every other week yet have no sort of reliable spot or hookup and i just don't get it.

Originally Posted by Cameron Nelson

my take is this, if you buy shoes regularly, how can you not, have a connect or stores that your cool with people who work there.  it's dudes on here that buy shoes almost every week or every other week yet have no sort of reliable spot or hookup and i just don't get it.

[color= rgb(255, 204, 51)]
Something else that should be taken into consideration is sometimes people are reselling shoes that they already purchased over retail. This holds especially true for older releases.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 204, 51)]
Something else that should be taken into consideration is sometimes people are reselling shoes that they already purchased over retail. This holds especially true for older releases.[/color]

Cameron Nelson wrote:

Hey, man I agree with you again wholeheartedly. I can't be anything but happy for you for doing something that you love doing and making money doing it. It's something that only very few people get to do. I plan on doing that sometime soon after I earn my master's degree.
Profit also comes in swings. Sometimes you make a lot and sometimes you make a little. I admire that you can take the swings. I personally can take the swings also but most can't. That sale of the DMPs is quite impressive. I'm only seen a few resellers make that much money in so little time and they don't necessarily sell shoes.

I, personally, don't hate resellers. I just sit here and cry about them because I wish that buying shoes would be a little easier. I can even say that I like resellers more than I used to now. It's like a little competition. I love beating the system and I've come across a lot of great deals so I feel like I'm playing with the reseller in a game. Furthermore, I can say that I respect what you do. I respect that you have to do what you have to do to pay bills because I know what it's like to do that to pay bills and have real responsibilities. 

The strategy about buying at one store is ideal. However, I am not comfortable with "making connections" and having them hold shoes for me. Maybe the next person is but I'm not. I like Jordans. I have for a long time so on a release day I talk to the people at the stores. Most of the time it's small talk but sometimes I make a real friend. I have never asked anyone to hold a pair for me, but if they offer I would accept. I don't mind waiting in line for an hour or two.

In any and all cases I agree with you, man. Keep doing what you are doing as long as you love it. I applaud you for it.

Have a great day!

Cameron Nelson wrote:

Hey, man I agree with you again wholeheartedly. I can't be anything but happy for you for doing something that you love doing and making money doing it. It's something that only very few people get to do. I plan on doing that sometime soon after I earn my master's degree.
Profit also comes in swings. Sometimes you make a lot and sometimes you make a little. I admire that you can take the swings. I personally can take the swings also but most can't. That sale of the DMPs is quite impressive. I'm only seen a few resellers make that much money in so little time and they don't necessarily sell shoes.

I, personally, don't hate resellers. I just sit here and cry about them because I wish that buying shoes would be a little easier. I can even say that I like resellers more than I used to now. It's like a little competition. I love beating the system and I've come across a lot of great deals so I feel like I'm playing with the reseller in a game. Furthermore, I can say that I respect what you do. I respect that you have to do what you have to do to pay bills because I know what it's like to do that to pay bills and have real responsibilities. 

The strategy about buying at one store is ideal. However, I am not comfortable with "making connections" and having them hold shoes for me. Maybe the next person is but I'm not. I like Jordans. I have for a long time so on a release day I talk to the people at the stores. Most of the time it's small talk but sometimes I make a real friend. I have never asked anyone to hold a pair for me, but if they offer I would accept. I don't mind waiting in line for an hour or two.

In any and all cases I agree with you, man. Keep doing what you are doing as long as you love it. I applaud you for it.

Have a great day!

sorry but...........

3a136dd16034b79725a081e8a0e1c3b8b012bde2_r.gif

And then later in life, still.........

ec226f368bb8e2908fea1ecd4b3bbbe933c8a8c0_r.gif

Back
Top Bottom