this Thread about nothing thread is killing da whole vibe in general...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never go in that thread. Its too pointless. Whatever you put only a few people will see it.

Like others have repeated, Meth showed General is moving just as fast as it used to.. using things like evidence and facts rather than "it feels like General is slower"

Here's the compromise. For those who dislike the thread and say "I see posts that could and should be their own threads in there"... THEN MAKE THAT THREAD. If you see someone discuss something that you might find interesting enough for its own thread, then make that thread. That way it could generate discussion from those who don't check TAN and those who would read it in TAN anyway would comment in the new thread. And no one is saying you need to scan every single post in there for viable threads.. but if there's so many people who claim "I see a lot of thread worthy stuff", then if each of those people make a couple threads themselves, then that should help quell the complaints and supposed "problem". 

If we all care about NT as much as it's been said, then spending a few minutes scanning a few pages of TAN to see some possible threads won't be that much work. 

im seeing da same damn threads in da first pages for a while, and im wondering where all da "news" is at....

having a HUGE junk thread with no direction is KILLING this section, because you lazy bums dont wanna make a new thread

and post current news.

and now there's one in da music section too :stoneface:

damn things need to be locked, ya wanna pretend to be on twitter? then GO on twitter with that long *** timeline-equse thread jumbled in complete

randomness.

I hate when people use "da" in place of "the".

Should I make a whole thread about it, or post in TAN?

Like others have repeated, Meth showed General is moving just as fast as it used to.. using things like evidence and facts rather than "it feels like General is slower"

Here's the compromise. For those who dislike the thread and say "I see posts that could and should be their own threads in there"... THEN MAKE THAT THREAD. If you see someone discuss something that you might find interesting enough for its own thread, then make that thread. That way it could generate discussion from those who don't check TAN and those who would read it in TAN anyway would comment in the new thread. And no one is saying you need to scan every single post in there for viable threads.. but if there's so many people who claim "I see a lot of thread worthy stuff", then if each of those people make a couple threads themselves, then that should help quell the complaints and supposed "problem". 

If we all care about NT as much as it's been said, then spending a few minutes scanning a few pages of TAN to see some possible threads won't be that much work. 
said the same a few pgs back.
if u can lurk the thread, come back in this thread, and still complain about it not being a thread for said subject......i dont get it :rolleyes

What meth's number's doesnt calculate is da fact that thread quality

Has deteriorated since da thread about nothing continue to rob da rest of general

Of precious informative resources...

No one is gonna trump da fact that creating a thread about a particular topic

Which would get discussed in a critically indepth satisfactionary way that only

General can only accomplish is a more effective means of

processing gratifying topics vs 1/2 thoughts and mental excrement

that is Exist in da thread about nothing.

Like i said before, i wouldn't care if it wasn't affecting da rest of general, but it is.

And if people want general to continue to be da best to be on NT then da thread about

Nothing needs to go away.

Last edited:
Why is so many people buggin about this? Meth said it stays so deal with it. I dont like it no more than the next man but its out of our control people.

In reality, If the T.A.Y is used how it's suppose too be(Posting about Girl problems, advice, relationships, pictures), general will slow down horribly.

Has deteriorated since da thread about nothing continue to rob da rest of general

Like i said before, i wouldn't care if it wasn't affecting da rest of general, but it is.

And if people want general to continue to be da best to be on NT then da thread about

I don't entirely disagree with you...but come on man. 
mean.gif

Why is so many people buggin about this? Meth said it stays so deal with it. I dont like it no more than the next man but its out of our control people.

Meth said he was open to locking it to observe da effects of da rest of General

For a week. So many people are chiming in cuz we care about da environment and health

Of our general section. Meth still hasnt responded to concerns about da free posting

Abuse that goes on there. If i posted ½ sentences & quips all over NT for a week, id be suspended

For free posting, yet da same actions are given a blind eye on da thread about nothing?

>D

I don't entirely disagree with you...but come on man. :smh:

I just brought up how Potential thread topics are sandwiched with jargon

So i dunno where u lost me at.

For a week. So many people are chiming in cuz we care about da environment and health

Of our general section. Meth still hasnt responded to concerns about da free posting

[COLOR=#red]Abuse that goes on there. If i posted ½ sentences & quips all over NT for a week, id be suspended

For free posting, yet da same actions are given a blind eye on da thread about nothing?
[/color]

>D

Same thing I keep saying. :smh:

I doubt the people who are complaining about TAN are frequent viewers of it. The vast majority of it isnt news or threadworthy.

Quit crying because general isnt as exciting as you remember it being and go outside. There are bigger things in life to be concerned with.

You don't frequent tan so how would you even know of the "precious informative resources?"

Your claim that tan should be locked is horrible and you provide no reasonable justification.

How many pages of tan have you actually browsed before you came to the conclusion that it should be locked.

What you need to do is browse tan for those"precious informative resources" and make them into threads.

This solution is much better than yours and nobody loses.

We all win.

edit:

IMO, this thread has run its course.

op's argument of why the thread should be locked doesn't prove anything.

Meth's already provided facts that debunk most of his claims.

A much better solution has already been suggested.

Anything after this will just be
mean.gif

Not to mention the fact that op doesn't even answer questions that prove he doesn't have evidence to support his claims.

Last edited:
I doubt the people who are complaining about TAN are frequent viewers of it. The vast majority of it isnt news or threadworthy

Lies. Every damn page is like 1-3 post swimming in a sea of jargon that couldve been elaborated on in independent

Threads, and instead are enveloped and discarded in da mass confusion.

They'res no point in having a general thread, in a general section, its redundant and instead

Of topics having threads where they can be seen its vacuuming up topics & acting

Like a parasite.

Its jurisdiction is also so ******ed in regards to other parts of da board. If i started a music

Discussion in general it'd get move to music, if i started talkin bout foamposites in JB it'd get moved

To nike Retro, you cant even talk about Jordan's career in JB because its his sneakers only & not sports.

Yet everything da thread about nothng does that flies in da face of how this board operates is somehow tolerated?

:smh: sets a REAL ugly precedent. By that you can sst up a thread about nothing every section in here.

[COLOR=#red]Abuse that goes on there. If i posted ½ sentences & quips all over NT for a week, id be suspended

[/color]

>D

Abuse? When did this happen(before the TAN bashing started)?

Its jurisdiction is also so ******ed in regards to other parts of da board.
The thread's been active for months and now you have a problem with the fact that people talk about any and everything in there?

j76qzo.jpg

I doubt the people who are complaining about TAN are frequent viewers of it. The vast majority of it isnt news or threadworthy

Lies. Every damn page is like 1-3 post swimming in a sea of jargon that couldve been elaborated on in independent

You have NO idea if thats a lie or not. Youre just making general assumptions based upon your feelings and inadequacies.

Your issue deducts down to the fact that you feel as though youre missing out on newsworthy information because of TAN, correct? Well if you just accepted the fact that TAN exists and read it, you wouldnt have a problem anymore. Youd get your news and topics.

Youll run into the same problem if there is no TAN. There will be many more threads thus pushing the "newsworthy" threads back.

I dont think its a thread issue, i think the issue is with you. No one else had an issue before you started this firestorm. Because you feel neglected in terms of finding information on the internet, a purposeful thread should be shut down?

[/color]

>D

Abuse? When did this happen(before the TAN bashing started)?

Ask steezy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom