This weekend NYPD officers shot a man in Midtown. Today they shot a neighborhood dog on 14th St.

I used to see this dude and his dog EVERY day.  The dog was never vicious towards anybody.  I'm not saying what they did wasn't protocol, but still
tired.gif
  They were clearly new to that patrol otherwise they would have seen this dude, his dog, and his friends on that corner every day and known them.
[h1]Dog Shot Dead on 14th Street by NYPD Officer: Eyewitness Account[/h1]
By Foster Kamer 8/13 5:07pm

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Via Eddie Huang.

Over the weekend, NYPD officers shot and killed a man in Midtown. Today, they did the same thing to a dog near Union Square.

While we’ve been on the topic of Eddie Huang, we just received a call from the Baohaus owner about the peculiar gunshot he and his staff just heard outside of his East Village restaurant on 14th Street.

Huang just explained to The Observer by phone:
We heard the gunshot, and we all ducked, and saw people running and screaming. All of the sudden, our chef, Mitch, ran toward the gunshot. He was like Yo, it’s that dog in front of KFC—because there’s always this dog in front of KFC—and by the time I get there, I can see the dog whipping around and convulsing.

Everyone around was like: Put the dog out of its misery. The cops left this dog wiggling and flaying, blood coming out of its mouth. They shot it in front of a public bus.

Another one of our employees was 10 feet away from it, and he said what happened was: The cops tried to mace the dog, when they tried to mace it, the dog lunged at [the cop]. And this is the same homeless guy we see outside of KFC every day. He never bothers anybody. Today, the guy was passed out. Other people were saying he OD’d or whatever, but he was alive, he was just in a hole [passed out].

What we heard was: The dog was barking at people outside of KFC, and people called the police. Then the dog lunged, and another cop shot it.

You can see in the photo, the trail of blood. The dog traveled. People were really really vocal, harassing the cops to put the dog down, and they wouldn’t do it. The whole thing just seemed really, really unnecessary. I don’t know what the protocol is for this, I know they have to keep the peace, but it really seemed like an abuse of power, an unnecessary one, and not doing it the right way. They really should’ve put that dog out of its misery. We’ve all seen Old Yeller. We all know the right way to do this.

We see this dog outside of KFC every day. It’s usually a nice dog. [The dog and its owner] don’t bother anyone. Everyone in this restaurant [Baohaus] knows this. If it was a cop from the neighborhood, they would know that guy. He’s there every day.
Again, this is the second shooting in broad daylight, in a highly-trafficked pedestrian thoroughfare of Manhattan in less than three days.
Really sad.

Mos def the cops abused their power on this one smh..:smh:

Poor dog tho..

I swear...I need to stop going into threads that has anything to do with the police in the title.

Every time, I read a story, I get mad at the abuse of power.

If what they heard was right, that the dog was barking at people and lunging at folk while it's owner was passed out somewhere on the street... what would you have the police do? Someone called them for a reason. The police were in a tough spot... if that dog had attacked someone then people would be accusing them of not doing enough or ignoring a problem. Judging by the photo, it wasn't some small dog they could just handle with ease. I've never owned a big dog myself and would have no idea how to control one were it to act vicious towards me.

I'd never want to be a cop. Too many tough choices with life or death consequences for me. They get criticized to no end and rarely get praised. If they do the right thing, they're just doing their job. If they mess up, it's abuse of power or worse (not saying that doesn't happen of course.)

Off-topic, those pork buns at Baohaus are amazing. :wow: :pimp:

If what they heard was right, that the dog was barking at people and lunging at folk while it's owner was passed out somewhere on the street... what would you have the police do? Someone called them for a reason. The police were in a tough spot... if that dog had attacked someone then people would be accusing them of not doing enough or ignoring a problem. Judging by the photo, it wasn't some small dog they could just handle with ease. I've never owned a big dog myself and would have no idea how to control one were it to act vicious towards me.
I'd never want to be a cop. Too many tough choices with life or death consequences for me. They get criticized to no end and rarely get praised. If they do the right thing, they're just doing their job. If they mess up, it's abuse of power or worse (not saying that doesn't happen of course.)
Off-topic, those pork buns at Baohaus are amazing. :wow: :pimp:

THIS.

I can't tell if the people in this thread are being sarcastic/trolling or being serious.

How in the hell is this an abuse of power? :lol:

When keeping if real goes wrong? :nerd:

Sad, But cops didn't have a choice. |I :smh:

Last edited:
Don't cops wear boots and carry a baton? To avoid actually moving around, chasing someone, and breaking out into a sweat. It's easier to just shoot at stuff... Cruel sad world we live in

Abuse of power? Lol

So what should they have done? Flown in the dog whisperer to put the dog in an alpha roll?
Please someone give me a logical non emotional answer to what the police should of done

The way I understand it, the dog was tied up. Why'd a shot have to be fired? Not sure I really get the chain of events.

Don't cops wear boots and carry a baton? To avoid actually moving around, chasing someone, and breaking out into a sweat. It's easier to just shoot at stuff... Cruel sad world we live in

when most NTers post numerous threads "...we stay strapped", a baton won't be much esp in NYC

That's a strong picture.

If the dog did lunge at the cops, they were right putting that dog down. The dog looks like it could have done some damage.

Last edited:
The way I understand it, the dog was tied up. Why'd a shot have to be fired? Not sure I really get the chain of events.
Abuse of power? Lol

So what should they have done? Flown in the dog whisperer to put the dog in an alpha roll?
Please someone give me a logical non emotional answer to what the police should of done

LOL

Ok, the dog was tied up. Did you forget about the man passed out suspected of ODing?
Lets not forget mace was attempted on the dog. With that said, how are the police supposed to check the "possibly dieing" man with a dog lunging at them?

You may have quoted the wrong person or misunderstood my post. I'm not saying it was an abuse of power...I'm just wondering if he was tied up or loose.

After seeing the photo it's safe to assume he was loose.

Also, where did I say there was an abuse of power. All I asked is whether or not the dog was loose and if he was loose why a shot had to be fired. I have no problem with killing an obviously dangerous dog.

Some of y'all are so eager to argue. Relax.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom