Thoughts on the Johnathon Martin - Ritchie Incognito situation?

You've never said in jest to one of your friends that you were going to "kill them"?

You really think he wanted to **** in Martin's mouth and slap his mother? C'mon man...I've heard worse, and those people weren't actually joking like Incognito was.

And if you're that offended by him using the N word in the way he was using it then you either must be a long time removed from college, never have went or been a loner your whole life. It's basically commonly accepted around most circles depending on if you're cool with the person or not. I guess every 16-25 year old white chick should be condemned for their actions on social networks.

You've never said in jest to one of your friends that you were going to "kill them"?

ya suburban dudes might joke like that, but all the years ive been living in the hood i have NEVER EVER heard someone joke like that.

JJ Watt: this is not a 9-5 job, fights are common in sports teams.

Clearly these two weren't in any way buddies or even remotely cool with each other though

:lol:

This man can't be serious. Some white dude calls you a N and says he's gonna slap your mother you're just gonna sit back and say "Thats my boy LOL, he's just joking". Maybe that's how your circle of friends get down but most dudes ain't letting that fly.

Last edited:

You really think he wanted to **** in Martin's mouth and slap his mother? C'mon man...I've heard worse, and those people weren't actually joking like Incognito was.

And if you're that offended by him using the N word in the way he was using it then you either must be a long time removed from college, never have went or been a loner your whole life. It's basically commonly accepted around most circles depending on if you're cool with the person or not. I guess every 16-25 year old white chick should be condemned for their actions on social networks.

If Incognito said that and left it on your voice mail, you wouldn't be alarmed? Especially if you already felt like dude was terrorizing you?

I'm all for the hazing and practical jokes, but once you start threatening and calling out racial slurs then we have an issue. That's the point right there. It was excessive. How many other rookies in the NFL are receiving death threats and being called a half ***** by their teammates? That entire Dolphins locker room knows it was excessive and somebody should've stepped up and said ok Ritchie enough is enough. I can't believe nobody thought to themselves, "damn Martin might blow this whole thing out of proportion we should fall back a little bit"

As big as Martin is, he's more than likely tissue soft. You guys act like you never saw a big dude that happened to be soft as cotton before :smh: .. Height, weight, athletic ability means NOTHING when it comes to mental toughness. You either have it or you don't.

All this talk about he should've squared up and shot the fade with Incognito is pointless, clearly he isn't about that life so why people continue to mention it blows my mind.

I gotta agree here, if you joke like that with your friends, then maybe you should consider new friends. Or maybe you're a bully yourself and don't even realize it.

This isn't hazing.

:lol: right my best friend is white known him since I was 6 yrs old we joke and screw around our parents are right but neeeeever would he dare to say that time nor would I. Though that Detroit lions story was an interesting dynamic but that's one off situation between two guys far from the norm. Plus Richie and Martin weren't pals or best buds to where you would even say "oh that's just how he talks they're cool like that"

After these tapes have been released, I doubt that Incognito plays in the league again.

:smh: :smh: :smh:

Commonly accepted around MOST circles for white people to use that word? Saying he was going to slap his mother? Commonly accepted? What type of clowns do you hang out with?

QFT

but this is all confusing as hell to me. Particularly with black players defending him amongst others. I feel like I literally just need to be directly in the situation on that team/amongst richie/martin to give a solid analysis.

I love these kind of threads...

exposes the idiots on this board.

carry on. I'll just watch from the sideline.

Jonathan Martin is 24 years old. This is a grown *** man with a degree from Stanford. He is 6'5 315 pounds and gets paid millions of dollars to knock people on their ***. We're sitting here talking about some damn "bullying"....cry me a river.

real talk

dude needs to go home, go into his closet, search deep and try to find his balls. come back to football when he's found them.

:lol:

I never understood comparing the culture of pro sports to that of corporate America.

Also don't understand why NT thinks the size of the individual makes them tougher. Wimps come in all shapes and sizes (not necessarily calling martin a wimp)

With that said, icognito was been a piece of trash since his days at Nebraska. Nothing he says or does is surprising to me

I thought he was and was corrected, however still doesn't make it right.
I'm speaking in reference to folks saying he gave up 15K because that's what rookies do during hazing.

He gave up 15K because he was a ****** weenie.
I never understood comparing the culture of pro sports to that of corporate America.

Also don't understand why NT thinks the size of the individual makes them tougher. Wimps come in all shapes and sizes (not necessarily calling martin a wimp)

With that said, icognito was been a piece of trash since his days at Nebraska. Nothing he says or does is surprising to me
****** in here talkin bout "at my job" like a locker room is the same place as a office full of cubicles.

Dudes fight ALL THE TIME behind close doors over a ton of ****. Smashing dudes girls, gambling debts, animosity from practice, etc.

How the hell we really gonna call that "street justice"? 
laugh.gif
 Be forreal.

Ya'll can keep giving them PC answers all you want. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom