Thoughts on the Johnathon Martin - Ritchie Incognito situation?

Ah, so close to having such a nice post and then you fumbled at the goal line :lol:

I went back and was reading some stuff about that Duke case. Man, crazy how mob mentality took over with that

Last edited:
Martin is supposedly preparing a document that details why he left the team.

In fairness to him, we are only hearing one side of the story. He can give a little more clarity to the accusations if/when he speaks on the matter. Until then, it's open season on his character. And you guys are right in one regard...there is no ******g way he'll set foot in that Dolphins locker room again. Having lawyers in his family who are Harvard educated, probably gives him a great advantage as far as getting his story straight IF he does decide to pursue legal action. Which I'm willing to assume, he is.

Just came across this:

Miami Dolphins offensive tackle Jonathan Martin had issues with multiple players on the team, not just suspended guard Richie Incognito, his agent told ESPN's Mark Schwarz on Thursday.

Agent Rick Smith told ESPN that Martin is doing very well but wouldn't say when his client would return to the team.

ProFootballTalk.com, citing multiple league sources, reported Wednesday night that Smith called Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland before his client left the team Oct. 28 and complained about the manner in which the second-year player was being treated by Incognito.

In response, Ireland suggested Martin respond to Incognito physically and specifically mentioned that he should "punch" the veteran guard, the sources told ProFootballTalk.com.

Representatives for Martin have turned over evidence of harassment to the Dolphins, the NFL and the NFL Players Association.

Link

I agree, I take back some of what I said earlier but still that locker room is a little "off" to me and I still think Incognito is a moron but I will say the GM telling the agent to just punch dude is :smh: and a ridiculous response to that type of thing...also wasn't he the one asking Dez Bryant pre draft about his mom in a less than tacit manner? However, Martin really needs to come out now with some damning evidence that we have no clue about in the public bc otherwise its looking like he wanted an out and didn't fit in with the culture and didn't understand their locker room dynamic, which I don't understand myself. He needs to issue something ASAP and have more evidence of bullying and harassment bc I'm really not gonna feel too bad for him if everything coming out from the team is true. The trip thing has been debunked and shown that he backed out last minute and had to pay up, which is what you have to do when expected.
Overall, I think Brandon Marshall's take on the entire thing is fantastic and how the culture should be adjusted in the room.

i think it was london fletcher who said that the veteran leadership in that locker room failed. kinda bad, when incognito is basically one of the leaders on the team :smh:

Linus VP, Cedric Ceballos and Black Migo (somewhat :lol:) are the only ones making any sense in here.

The rest of you that got proved wrong either haven't posted in here since all the real information came out tonight, or are in here saying "whatever I don't even care about this anymore, I'm over it" like little immature kids.

Pretty much........

Got all their panties in a bunch trying to defend a 6'5 , 310 LB Derelict.............

"Not All people are built for fighting"
"Martin is a Victim"
"Incognito has a history, he BULLIED this Man"
"You shouldn't be subject to harassment in the workplace"

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

In Conclusion................ Looks like Incognito has weathered this storm, Martin is now persona non grata in the NFL, and now America will take bullying just a LITTLE less seriously like they do with issues concerning race.........................

Congratulations

This story is so strange, unique.

There has to be more to it if the Miami veterans are so adamant in their support of Richie.

Ah, so close to having such a nice post and then you fumbled at the goal line :lol:

I went back and was reading some stuff about that Duke case. Man, crazy how mob mentality took over with that

So, you're saying he's not a scared pansy that didn't know what he was getting himself into?

This is just getting absurd, Martin is looking more and more like a person whose not mentally tough enough like the rest of the NFL players.

No NFL locker room will ever respect him again. He's done.

Martin is a ****** weenie flat out

I would definitely resign incognito before that weenie again..I really can't believe people are backing him..

Well there's a large majority of keyboard Incognito's that are real life Jon Martin's on this forum...what do you expect?

I'm telling y'all he fruity....someone tells you some ish like that about your Mother what you gonna do? I'm whoop his .....str8 up ain't no games here talking about walking away just like that you gonna throw your career away not even gonna scrap homie c'mon fam...step out the closet we waiting :nerd:

i think it was london fletcher who said that the veteran leadership in that locker room failed. kinda bad, when incognito is basically one of the leaders on the team :smh:

I been saying this from the jump. It says a lot about the Dolphins organization that they wanted this dude to be a leader.

I been saying this from the jump. It says a lot about the Dolphins organization that they wanted this dude to be a leader.

No sir.

What is says is that there are a ton of young Dolphins on the roster, and the older vets were all cleared out, so they chose one of the older players to be on the leadership counsel......... Along with 5 other players.

I doubt Martin is gay that's just not right you learn to stick up for yourself as a kid...I bet if the story broke that Martin got his *** whooped by incognito for sticking up for himself his teammates would still respect him

Well there's a large majority of keyboard Incognito's that are real life Jon Martin's on this forum...what do you expect?

Fam you've been typing real tough these past couple of days. Stop trying to insult members and talk like people are beneath you. You weren't in the Dolphins locker room so you don't have any facts , just like the rest of us, at this point its still one man's word vs another. Nothing has been proven, we haven't even heard from the damn lawyer the NFL hired yet :smh:

No sir.

What is says is that there are a ton of young Dolphins on the roster, and the older vets were all cleared out, so they chose one of the older players to be on the leadership counsel......... Along with 5 other players.

So what they had no choice but to put him on the leadership counsel cuz he's a vet? :lol:

Last edited:

No sir.

So what they had no choice but to put him on the leadership counsel cuz he's a vet? :lol:

I wouldn't say no choice, but you're a young kid, wouldn't you choose one of the vets as one of your 6 leaders? :lol:

Again, there are 6 of them on the counsel. When the season started, we had like 3 guys at the age of 30 on the roster. Richie is 29, close enough. And of a couple of the 30 year olds, they were on other teams the past few years. Richie is the longest tenured Dolphins outside like 2-3 guys. So in that sense, he becomes a natural selection as one of the leadership members, as I said, with 5 other dudes.

They weren't bullied into picking him, they wanted to pick him, he is a popular guy in that locker room. (well, was :lol: )

So, you're saying he's not a scared pansy that didn't know what he was getting himself into?

I have no idea. I was referring to the fact it seems you had/have a hard time making a post without some immature or juvenile comment coming through. It completely destroys the credibility of your words, even when you have a good take on the subject. I've already said my opinion has evolved and changed with the new information out along with thoughtful posts by Cedric and Linus. Initially I had a differing view than them but they had well constructed thoughts and I took their ideas and words into consideration. You on the other hand could've done the same but instead got dismissed by myself and seemingly others with your childish attacks and words. It may just be your age or it may be how you actually are, I don't know. My point is you did have some good insight and thoughts, if you find a more tact way to present them you will be heard much more often. Not just here but anywhere. You've got good stuff to share. (Dad rant over)

Pretty much........

Got all their panties in a bunch trying to defend a 6'5 , 310 LB Derelict.............

"Not All people are built for fighting"
"You shouldn't be subject to harassment in the workplace"

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

In Conclusion................ Looks like Incognito has weathered this storm, Martin is now persona non grata in the NFL, and now America will take bullying just a LITTLE less seriously like they do with issues concerning race.........................

Congratulations

Hold on, are you saying that people should fight and it is ok to be harassed in the work place? Those two comments are "blah blah blah"? You also need to remember when these comments where made and what info was available. Context my man :lol:

Last edited:

No sir.

I wouldn't say no choice, but you're a young kid, wouldn't you choose one of the vets as one of your 6 leaders? :lol:

Again, there are 6 of them on the counsel. When the season started, we had like 3 guys at the age of 30 on the roster. Richie is 29, close enough. And of a couple of the 30 year olds, they were on other teams the past few years. Richie is the longest tenured Dolphins outside like 2-3 guys. So in that sense, he becomes a natural selection as one of the leadership members, as I said, with 5 other dudes.

They weren't bullied into picking him, they wanted to pick him, he is a popular guy in that locker room. (well, was :lol: )

You sure bout that? :nerd: :lol:

But seriously based on his track record he seems like the wrong dude you want to give any type of power to. You choose a known knucklehead as one of your leaders... To me that says something about the Dolphins.

Last edited:
But seriously based on his track record he seems like the wrong dude you want to give any type of power to. You choose a known knucklehead as one of your leaders... To me that says something about the Dolphins.

Again, what has Richie done since he's been in Miami?

He doesn't have a ton of personal foul penalties. Hasn't been getting arrested. He was voted some award in 2012 as the voice of the locker room by the media, went to that Harvard thing representing the NFL, does commercials locally for some nonsense (can't remember what)

Everything you're bringing up is from Nebraska, Buffalo and St Louis, when he was 20, 23, 24 years old.

So he can't be a captain or "leader" for stuff he did 5 years ago? Should the Ravens take away Ray Lewis's captaincy over Atlanta 99?

Until this, Richie has never been a problem for the Dolphins. AND he was a pro bowler a year ago, or alternate or something. Of course he has respect in that locker room.

Again, what has Richie done since he's been in Miami?

He doesn't have a ton of personal foul penalties. Hasn't been getting arrested. He was voted some award in 2012 as the voice of the locker room by the media, went to that Harvard thing representing the NFL, does commercials locally for some nonsense (can't remember what)

Everything you're bringing up is from Nebraska, Buffalo and St Louis, when he was 20, 23, 24 years old.

So he can't be a captain or "leader" for stuff he did 5 years ago? Should the Ravens take away Ray Lewis's captaincy over Atlanta 99?

Until this, Richie has never been a problem for the Dolphins. AND he was a pro bowler a year ago, or alternate or something. Of course he has respect in that locker room.

Funny you said this...I just came across this article on Deadspin:

Richie Incognito Was Accused Of Rubbing His Junk On A Woman Last Year

Back
Top Bottom