Thread about Jesus - Questions, Bible Verses and Prayer Requests

There are 100s of verses in the Bible that will tell you that God knows everything. You can look those up yourself. As far as the your question about God knowing the earth was a sphere. I already gave you a verse where Jesus (God in the flesh) addresses this.A spherical earth is also described in Isaiah 40:21-22—“the circle of the earth.”

Note, the Biblical Hebrew word for “circle” (חוג—chuwg) can also mean “round” or “sphere.”
There are 100's of verses that contradict everything that even suggests that God knows everything as well.

You'd be better off by simply stating that you could not find one thing in the bible, that clearly states that God knew that the earth was a sphere.

So again, you bring up this circle of the earth, yet what it describes is a FLAT circle. 

This thread has been going around in circles. From early Christianity there was Gnosticism in which they saw the story for what it really was, allegory telling a much more meaningful tale of the human self awareness. Then there were literalist (which there seem to be a lot of in here) who see the biblical account as something that actually took place. It didn't happen point blank period and nobody in here or anywhere can prove it did. There are countless pagan god men (osirus-Dionysus) that predated biblical account who's stories mirrored the Jesus myth in many many ways. ppl are just too lazy to do the research. The Christ is a role not a person. To even refer to what u wanna call "god" as "him" or "he" you ****** up already. It's ok to say u don't know but to base your entire being on blind faith and hand me down beliefs is just a huge mistake and a sign of mental immaturity.

The inner mysteries of Christianity, which the Gnostics taught but which the literalist denied existed, revealed that the Jesus story was not a factual account of gods one and only visit to planet earth, but a mystical teaching story designed to help each one of us become a Christ.

It is only familiarity and cultural prejudice that prevents us from seeing the New Testament gospels in the same light as the pagan mysteries that mirror and proceed it.
Statements like this make me shake my head. You call people lazy for not researching things to disprove the Bible, but it sounds like you don't have much knowledge of what the Bible actually says or theology.

There are 100's of verses that contradict everything that even suggests that God knows everything as well.

You'd be better off by simply stating that you could not find one thing in the bible, that clearly states that God knew that the earth was a sphere.

So again, you bring up this circle of the earth, yet what it describes is a FLAT circle. 
Smh. Believe what you want. You make statements with nothing to stand on, yet when I give you scripture, interpretation and translation you act like you can't read or comprehend

And why do you believe the history of Gnosticism vs Christian theology and what the Bible says? How did you discern truth from lies?

Theres a lot of insulting, doubting and trolling in here. Not much actual questioning.
Teamskeptic

And why do you believe the history of Gnosticism vs Christian theology and what the Bible says? How did you discern truth from lies?

1st of all Gnosticism is a form or early Christianity it's not Gnosticism vs Christian theology. And I discern truth from lies by gathering information, critical thinking, and using common sense. The more you discover the clearer the picture becomes. Im not saying I know it all nor am I here to bash anybody for being religious I just don't understand how ppl can take things as truth without doing the proper research.

Last edited:
Smh. Believe what you want. You make statements with nothing to stand on, yet when I give you scripture, interpretation and translation you act like you can't read or comprehend
The problem is not with my comprehension, the problem is with your not being able to prove that what you state is indeed factual.

You've added your own text to biblical references, simply in order to support your position. It is just like with White racists who use the story of Ham, in order to prove that Black people are born to be subservient to Whites. It does not say that, but it is interpreted that way by those who have far more nefarious intentions.

Unless you have proof, the exact quote that clearly states that God knew that the earth was a sphere, all other text that clearly state that the earth was considered flat, stands as the truth.

For further proof of this, which is something else I can indeed stand upon, it wasn't even until Galileo, that the world knew that the earth revolved around the Sun.

Didn't God in the bible know this?

Apparently NOT!

Joshua 10:12-13
Then spoke Joshua to the Lord in the day when the Lord gave the Amorites over to the men of Israel; and he said in the
sight of Israel, "Sun, stand thou still at Gibeon, and thou Moon in the valley of Aijalon." And the sun stood still, and the
moon stayed, until the nation took vengeance on their enemies. Is this not written in the Book of Jashar? The sun
stayed in the midst of heaven, and did not hasten to go down for about a whole day.
Ecclesiastes 1:5
The sun rises and the sun goes down, and hastens to the place where it rises.
The earth is stationary:
1 Chronicles 16:30
tremble before him, all earth; yea, the world stands firm, never to be moved

Last edited:
There are 100s of verses in the Bible that will tell you that God knows everything. You can look those up yourself. As far as the your question about God knowing the earth was a sphere. I already gave you a verse where Jesus (God in the flesh) addresses this.A spherical earth is also described in Isaiah 40:21-22—“the circle of the earth.”

Note, the Biblical Hebrew word for “circle” (חוג—chuwg) can also mean “round” or “sphere.”

Well let's talk about that. God knows everything yet gives man free will. Those two things are mutually exclusive, meaning both CANNOT exist at the same time. If God knows everything then we cannot have free will and vice versa.

The bible clearly states that both situations are simultaneously occurring which logically cannot be.

If God knows what we are going to do (knows everything) then we do NOT have free will. If we have free will then God does NOT know what we are going to do thus does not know everything

1st of all Gnosticism is a form or early Christianity it's not Gnosticism vs Christian theology. And I discern truth from lies by gathering information, critical thinking, and using common sense. The more you discover the clearer the picture becomes. Im not saying I know it all nor am I here to bash anybody for being religious I just don't understand how ppl can take things as truth without doing the proper research.
Yup just as I thought. Even if you have read the Bible front to back you have little understanding of it.There is actually no such thing as Christian Gnosticism, because true Christianity and Gnosticism are mutually exclusive systems of belief. The principles of Gnosticism contradict what it means to be a Christian. Therefore, while some forms of Gnosticism may claim to be Christian, they are in fact decidedly non-Christian.

Gnosticism was perhaps the most dangerous heresy that threatened the early church during the first three centuries. Influenced by such philosophers as Plato, Gnosticism is based on two false premises. First, it espouses a dualism regarding spirit and matter. Gnostics assert that matter is inherently evil and spirit is good. As a result of this presupposition, Gnostics believe anything done in the body, even the grossest sin, has no meaning because real life exists in the spirit realm only.

Second, Gnostics claim to possess an elevated knowledge, a “higher truth” known only to a certain few. Gnosticism comes from the Greek word gnosis which means “to know.” Gnostics claim to possess a higher knowledge, not from the Bible, but acquired on some mystical higher plain of existence. Gnostics see themselves as a privileged class elevated above everybody else by their higher, deeper knowledge of God.

To discredit the idea of any compatibility between Christianity and Gnosticism, one has only to compare their teachings on the main doctrines of the faith. On the matter of salvation, Gnosticism teaches that salvation is gained through the acquisition of divine knowledge which frees one from the illusions of darkness. Although they claim to follow Jesus Christ and His original teachings, Gnostics contradict Him at every turn. Jesus said nothing about salvation through knowledge, but by faith in Him as Savior from sin. “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast” (Ephesians 2:8-9). Furthermore, the salvation Christ offers is free and available to everyone (John 3:16), not just a select few who have acquired a special revelation.

Christianity asserts that there is one source of Truth and that is the Bible, the inspired, inerrant Word of the living God, the only infallible rule of faith and practice (John 17:17; 2 Timothy 3:15-17; Hebrews 4:12). It is God’s written revelation to mankind and is never superseded by man’s thoughts, ideas, writings, or visions. The Gnostics, on the other hand, use a variety of early heretical writings known as the Gnostic gospels, a collection of forgeries claiming to be “lost books of the Bible.” Thankfully, the early church fathers were nearly unanimous in recognizing these Gnostic scrolls as fraudulent forgeries that espouse false doctrines about Jesus Christ, salvation, God, and every other crucial Christian truth. There are countless contradictions between the Gnostic “gospels” and the Bible. Even when the so-called Christian Gnostics quote from the Bible, they rewrite verses and parts of verses to harmonize with their philosophy, a practice that is strictly forbidden and warned against by Scripture (Deuteronomy 4:2; 12:32; Proverbs 30:6; Revelation 22:18-19).

The Person of Jesus Christ is another area where Christianity and Gnosticism drastically differ. The Gnostics believe that Jesus’ physical body was not real, but only “seemed” to be physical, and that His spirit descended upon Him at His baptism, but left Him just before His crucifixion. Such views destroy not only the true humanity of Jesus, but also the atonement, for Jesus must not only have been truly God, but also the truly human (and physically real) man who actually suffered and died upon the cross in order to be the acceptable substitutionary sacrifice for sin (Hebrews 2:14-17). The biblical view of Jesus affirms His complete humanity as well as His full deity.

Gnosticism is based on a mystical, intuitive, subjective, inward, emotional approach to truth which is not new at all. It is very old, going back in some form to the Garden of Eden, where Satan questioned God and the words He spoke and convinced Adam and Eve to reject them and accept a lie. He does the same thing today as he “prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour” (1 Peter 5:8). He still calls God and the Bible into question and catches in his web those who are either naïve and scripturally uninformed or who are seeking some personal revelation to make them feel special, unique, and superior to others. Let us follow the Apostle Paul who said to “test everything. Hold on to the good” (1 Thessalonians 5:21), and this we do by comparing everything to the Word of God, the only Truth.

Many questions will remain un-answered simply because we are discussing a supreme being.

We are humans, HIS creation. He's omnipotent, omniscient and omnipotent. Theres no way we will know and understand everything God has said and done.

Isaiah 55:8-9
8)For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. 9) For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Well let's talk about that. God knows everything yet gives man free will. Those two things are mutually exclusive, meaning both CANNOT exist at the same time. If God knows everything then we cannot have free will and vice versa.

The bible clearly states that both situations are simultaneously occurring which logically cannot be.

If God knows what we are going to do (knows everything) then we do NOT have free will. If we have free will then God does NOT know what we are going to do thus does not know everything
Yes, God knows what we are gonna do, but he doesn't swoop in and change our actions for us or predetermined our actions. Plus you said it's not logical concerning a supreme being. He is God. He is way beyond human logic and fully understandings

Many questions will remain un-answered simply because we are discussing a supreme being.

We are humans, HIS creation. He's omnipotent, omniscient and omnipotent. Theres no way we will know and understand everything God has said and done.

Isaiah 55:8-9
8)For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. 9) For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
How are you going to say that about a supreme being, then try and substantiate it by quoting what a MAN has written on the subject?

I am certain that you can see the contradiction there.

Yes, God knows what we are gonna do, but he doesn't swoop in and change our actions for us or predetermined our actions. Plus you said it's not logical concerning a supreme being. He is God. He is way beyond human logic and fully understandings
Are you a Woman? I ask because I'd like to know your feelings on women's rights, and how the bible deals with such matters.

That makes no sense. He knows what we are going to do but it's not predetermined? That's the definition of predetermined. Having free will and God knowing what we're going to do are mutually exclusive. Which one is it?

You're right, it isnt illogical but God isn't above logic. Proof? According to the bible God is actually very logical. He created everything in sync with each other. We need to breath so there's air. Man needed a partner so he made females. Earth needed a light so he made the sun. All very logical. So all of a sudden God isn't logical?

Last edited:
Yup just as I thought. Even if you have read the Bible front to back you have little understanding of it.There is actually no such thing as Christian Gnosticism, because true Christianity and Gnosticism are mutually exclusive systems of belief. The principles of Gnosticism contradict what it means to be a Christian. Therefore, while some forms of Gnosticism may claim to be Christian, they are in fact decidedly non-Christian.

Gnosticism was perhaps the most dangerous heresy that threatened the early church during the first three centuries. Influenced by such philosophers as Plato, Gnosticism is based on two false premises. First, it espouses a dualism regarding spirit and matter. Gnostics assert that matter is inherently evil and spirit is good. As a result of this presupposition, Gnostics believe anything done in the body, even the grossest sin, has no meaning because real life exists in the spirit realm only.

Second, Gnostics claim to possess an elevated knowledge, a “higher truth” known only to a certain few. Gnosticism comes from the Greek word gnosis which means “to know.” Gnostics claim to possess a higher knowledge, not from the Bible, but acquired on some mystical higher plain of existence. Gnostics see themselves as a privileged class elevated above everybody else by their higher, deeper knowledge of God.

To discredit the idea of any compatibility between Christianity and Gnosticism, one has only to compare their teachings on the main doctrines of the faith. On the matter of salvation, Gnosticism teaches that salvation is gained through the acquisition of divine knowledge which frees one from the illusions of darkness. Although they claim to follow Jesus Christ and His original teachings, Gnostics contradict Him at every turn. Jesus said nothing about salvation through knowledge, but by faith in Him as Savior from sin. “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast” (Ephesians 2:8-9). Furthermore, the salvation Christ offers is free and available to everyone (John 3:16), not just a select few who have acquired a special revelation.

Christianity asserts that there is one source of Truth and that is the Bible, the inspired, inerrant Word of the living God, the only infallible rule of faith and practice (John 17:17; 2 Timothy 3:15-17; Hebrews 4:12). It is God’s written revelation to mankind and is never superseded by man’s thoughts, ideas, writings, or visions. The Gnostics, on the other hand, use a variety of early heretical writings known as the Gnostic gospels, a collection of forgeries claiming to be “lost books of the Bible.” Thankfully, the early church fathers were nearly unanimous in recognizing these Gnostic scrolls as fraudulent forgeries that espouse false doctrines about Jesus Christ, salvation, God, and every other crucial Christian truth. There are countless contradictions between the Gnostic “gospels” and the Bible. Even when the so-called Christian Gnostics quote from the Bible, they rewrite verses and parts of verses to harmonize with their philosophy, a practice that is strictly forbidden and warned against by Scripture (Deuteronomy 4:2; 12:32; Proverbs 30:6; Revelation 22:18-19).

The Person of Jesus Christ is another area where Christianity and Gnosticism drastically differ. The Gnostics believe that Jesus’ physical body was not real, but only “seemed” to be physical, and that His spirit descended upon Him at His baptism, but left Him just before His crucifixion. Such views destroy not only the true humanity of Jesus, but also the atonement, for Jesus must not only have been truly God, but also the truly human (and physically real) man who actually suffered and died upon the cross in order to be the acceptable substitutionary sacrifice for sin (Hebrews 2:14-17). The biblical view of Jesus affirms His complete humanity as well as His full deity.

Gnosticism is based on a mystical, intuitive, subjective, inward, emotional approach to truth which is not new at all. It is very old, going back in some form to the Garden of Eden, where Satan questioned God and the words He spoke and convinced Adam and Eve to reject them and accept a lie. He does the same thing today as he “prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour” (1 Peter 5:8). He still calls God and the Bible into question and catches in his web those who are either naïve and scripturally uninformed or who are seeking some personal revelation to make them feel special, unique, and superior to others. Let us follow the Apostle Paul who said to “test everything. Hold on to the good” (1 Thessalonians 5:21), and this we do by comparing everything to the Word of God, the only Truth.

So you're gonna take the Pauline gospel as truth :smh: Because u kinda went off on a tangent here I'll just say that you're statements are partially correct however you're viewpoint is going to continue to reference the bible regardless of what I say as I expected but hey to each his own man. I'm not trying to change what u believe in.
You say Gnosticism contradicts what it means to be Christian by who's account though? The early Christian community was actually made up of a whole spectrum of different groups. These can be broadly categorized into 2 different schools, literalists who take the Jesus account as actual historical events and the radically different CHRISTIANS known as Gnostics

Last edited:
I'm a man. What do you to specifically want to know on women's rights? And my view is determined on what the Bible says
No worries, you are not a woman, therefore your thoughts, especially after what you've just wrote, are of no concern to me.

BTW, was Galileo smarter than the God in the bible, or did he simply get lucky?

Last edited:
Joshua 10:12-13
Then spoke Joshua to the Lord in the day when the Lord gave the Amorites over to the men of Israel; and he said in the
sight of Israel, "Sun, stand thou still at Gibeon, and thou Moon in the valley of Aijalon." And the sun stood still, and the
moon stayed, until the nation took vengeance on their enemies. Is this not written in the Book of Jashar? The sun
stayed in the midst of heaven, and did not hasten to go down for about a whole day.
Ecclesiastes 1:5
The sun rises and the sun goes down, and hastens to the place where it rises.
The earth is stationary:
1 Chronicles 16:30
tremble before him, all earth; yea, the world stands firm, never to be moved

Back
Top Bottom