Thread about Jesus - Questions, Bible Verses and Prayer Requests

Religion is religion

There's an agenda behind every religion.

You're not an Agnostic. You're a christian who practices christianity.
And that is where you miss 

the point.

You are not going through man

as a Christian,

Its a personal relationship with

God through Christ. 

Man makes religions out of God's 

word taken out of its true

meaning.

God gives wisdom to his own 

people, not his onlookers. 

Last edited:
seriously though op i do respect what you believe.

always an interesting conversation though lol.

as long as someone is righteous it really does not matter to me what their religion is.

One thing i do think though is that you should not set your beliefs for your entire life so early. I mean, last year you were a teenager op. I think once you have gone through things, traveled, been in all types of relationships, experienced true loss, things like that...... things that you once believed start to change.

You sound uptight too dog, get a girl.

a good christian girl.

That's the thing. The sheep continue to baa-baa.

How many preachers have been exposed...give a sermon on apologies and bam, right back at the Bentley dealership with that week tithes? All in the name of GOD.

Why would GOD want people to continue to follow that false prophet.

God does not want us to follow false prophets. The verse i quoted started with the word BEWARE.
And if you continue to read that passage, Matthew 7:15-27, Jesus says "every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

The way our world works, especially tv media and news, we almost never hear about the good. I personally know some Pastors who are genuine servants. They dont scheme or steal. They dont have the big house or expensive car. They live check to check, with a humble, servants heart, happy to help who they can while preaching the true word of God. The Gospel.

If anyone is going to quote the bible pleasse refer to which one you are quoting. There are over 114 different versions. You can quote james version, moffatt bible, tyndale new testamanet and so and and so forth.

seriously though op i do respect what you believe.

always an interesting conversation though lol.

as long as someone is righteous it really does not matter to me what their religion is.

One thing i do think though is that you should not set your beliefs for your entire life so early. I mean, last year you were a teenager op. I think once you have gone through things, traveled, been in all types of relationships, experienced true loss, things like that...... things that you once believed start to change.

You sound uptight too dog, get a girl.

a good christian girl.

The problem with that mind set, is we dont know how long we have to live. OP might live to be 80, he may die tomorrow. We dont know so we need to dedicate our lives today to do what is right in Gods eyes. not ours.
OP sounds dedicated and disciplined, not uptight. 8)
Christians can have a good time and still be obedient to the Word.

You, I can deal with, :lol:

I respect your response.

I still think religion is stupid. I feel like it's a "thing" to do. You get a house..."thank god", You buy a new car "thank god". Why you only thanking god for good things? 

When your mom passes away from cancer, why shouldn't I "thank god"? I mean it's what I'm suppose to do right? 

When my mother passed, the idea of GOD died with her.

They're some things that WE obtain ourselves. We may thank God, BUT God may not have wanted us to have certain things at certain times. Some times we go ahead of God not remembering the fact that he has already gone ahead of us and paved a way for us.

Its not just the thing to do. For some maybe.

I'm sorry you lost your mother man. I seriously cannot imagine that pain.

Concerning cancer and other sicknesses, I just try to keep in mind that we live in a fallen world and this world isn't IT. Life is good but there is more.

God does not want us to follow false prophets. The verse i quoted started with the word BEWARE.
And if you continue to read that passage, Matthew 7:15-27, Jesus says "every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

The way our world works, especially tv media and news, we almost never hear about the good. I personally know some Pastors who are genuine servants. They dont scheme or steal. They dont have the big house or expensive car. They live check to check, with a humble, servants heart, happy to help who they can while preaching the true word of God. The Gospel.
I admit. I base my beliefs on my interactions with these #blessed, cheat on my significant other, act like a **** thru the week, I serve the lord on Sunday ,holier than thou people I see in Los Angeles.

If anyone is going to quote the bible pleasse refer to which one you are quoting. There are over 114 different versions. You can quote james version, moffatt bible, tyndale new testamanet and so and and so forth.

KJV

They're some things that WE obtain ourselves. We may thank God, BUT God may not have wanted us to have certain things at certain times. Some times we go ahead of God not remembering the fact that he has already gone ahead of us and paved a way for us.

Its not just the thing to do. For some maybe.

I'm sorry you lost your mother man. I seriously cannot imagine that pain.

Concerning cancer and other sicknesses, I just try to keep in mind that we live in a fallen world and this world isn't IT. Life is good but there is more.
nthat.gif
 It still hurts and I dont think she's in a better place. She was too young and never got to meet her grandchildren.

Back to the arguments, lol.

durtyraspburry durtyraspburry

What does the bible say about someone referring to themselves as a God?

For example, The way Jay-Z calls himself "hova" as a shortening of Jehova.

And what would it say about people who worship this man?

durtyraspburry durtyraspburry

What does the bible say about someone referring to themselves as a God?

For example, The way Jay-Z calls himself "hova" as a shortening of Jehova.

And what would it say about people who worship this man?

This answers itself. Imperfect man daring to call himself a God and people worshiping him? :lol: sounds bad boss.

So I would be correct in thinking that the people who worship him are acting in direct contradiction of the scripture?

Op, with the book of revelations unveiling before our eyes do you expect Jesus to come back in your/this lifetime?

So I would be correct in thinking that the people who worship him are acting in direct contradiction of the scripture?

When you say worship, what are these people doing? Because if you're talking about I think you're talking about, yes they are.

The example I use is on Twitter, guys going around willy nilly calling Jay Z and Kanye God or saying things VERY similar.

Back
Top Bottom