Thread about Jesus - Questions, Bible Verses and Prayer Requests

I took some time during work to try to reach out to God and asked him to reveal himself to me. I couldn't see or feel nothing. I genuinely opened my heart but nothing was there. What am I doing wrong?
I recommend you read the book of 

John. You'll understand God's character

much more.

Last edited:
You are going in to this with skepticism. You cant just sit there one day and say "Ok God how about you show me youre real... thought so" You havent truly opened your heart its quite obvious.
It's just as you would approach any other religion with skepticism. I mean, have you gone through every religion of the world and "truly opened your heart" to it? 

Last edited:
I took some time during work to try to reach out to God and asked him to reveal himself to me. I couldn't see or feel nothing. I genuinely opened my heart but nothing was there. What am I doing wrong?
I'm a former Christian. Unless you convince yourself to accept the idea of god, you're not going to feel anything. You have to decide you're going to believe it in order to believe it. Just look at how the Christians in here keep telling you that you're not doing it correctly. 

I'm a former Christian. Unless you convince yourself to accept the idea of god, you're not going to feel anything. You have to decide you're going to believe it in order to believe it. Just look at how the Christians in here keep telling you that you're not doing it correctly. 
Were you born in the church, or did you decide to join a church later in life?

I've been driving all day and am just getting settled so this is just a bookmark for me. Gonna start from pg87 and work my way up in about an hour.

But what about the lesbians?
Why didnt god create a wasting disease for them like he did gay men? Maybe something that rots their tongues :nerd:

Why didnt god create a wasting disease for them like he did gay men? Maybe something that rots their tongues
nerd.gif
Confused by what you're asking but I think you're saying why didn't God create something so that lesbians wouldn't be lesbians? If that's what you're asking then here is your answer...

God created Adam and Eve and told Adam to not eat the forbidden fruit...now God COULD have just made it literally impossible for them to eat the fruit..but God knows that humans have to be able to have self-control and He can't make it so we always stay away from sin. Therefore, every sin we commit, we could have not committed it and stayed away from it. Make sense?

Why didnt god create a wasting disease for them like he did gay men? Maybe something that rots their tongues :nerd:
Confused by what you're asking but I think you're saying why didn't God create something so that lesbians wouldn't be lesbians? If that's what you're asking then here is your answer...

God created Adam and Eve and told Adam to not eat the forbidden fruit...now God COULD have just made it literally impossible for them to eat the fruit..but God knows that humans have to be able to have self-control and He can't make it so we always stay away from sin. Therefore, every sin we commit, we could have not committed it and stayed away from it. Make sense?
No, what he's asking is this:

Tons of Christians hold tyne opinion that homosexual men get HIV, because that's their punishment from 'god' (since homosexuality is forbidden in the bible).

Well, since homosexuality is forbidden and these Christians have convinced theirself that homosexual men are punished w/ HIV why aren't homosexual women punished w/ something?

I could answer it, but let's hear what you've got.

[thread="602374"] [/thread]

This doesn't really explain to me why faith is a good thing. This just tells me that you need faith to please god. I'm asking why.

Faith is good because it means you trust God. I don't know what other answer you're looking for.

What if a person uses faith to trust the wrong god? 

there is only 1 supreme TRUE god, all other gods are considered false. There is only 1 open spot for a Powerful being that can NEVER SIN, NEVER LIE, NEVER WRONG, NEVER BE EVIL, NEVER CHEAT, ALWAYS PEFECT INFINITE COMPLETE 24/7/365. can you truly imagine someone like that? That imo can only be God. Even jesus himself didnt understand his god.

As far as to answer why faith is good, i can only say if you or someone you know is down on their luck or is in a terrible position that no human can help with, maybe by offering a hail mary could some prayers be answered and you could be shocked. I would think that a god takes in deeds, karma and other factors we cannot understand to help certain people at certain times

i dont know who said jesus was god :stoneface:

jesus was part of the trinity.

only god=god

only god=god
But Jesus is God. God the Father. God the Son. God the Holy Spirit. One God, but 3 seperate and distinct beings, but all equal. God has revealed Himself to man in those 3 ways.

only god=god
But Jesus is God. God the Father. God the Son. God the Holy Spirit. One God, but 3 seperate and distinct beings, but all equal. God has revealed Himself to man in those 3 ways.

maybe it was misinterpreted
I would think jesus was treated as an equal to god as in he has some powers of god and habits of god
but not necessarily equal to god. basically god divides his power into 3 main things, sorta speak

heres a link http://www.catholic.com/magazine/articles/jesus-is-god

Last edited by a moderator:
1 John 5:20 And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

John 5:16-23
And this was why the Jews were persecuting Jesus, because he was doing these things on the Sabbath. 17 But Jesus answered them, “My Father is working until now, and I am working.”

Jesus Is Equal with God

18 This was why the Jews were seeking all the more to kill him, because not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

The Authority of the Son

19 So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of his own accord, but only what he sees the Father doing. For whatever the Father does, that the Son does likewise. 20 For the Father loves the Son and shows him all that he himself is doing. And greater works than these will he show him, so that you may marvel. 21 For as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, so also the Son gives life to whom he will. 22 The Father judges no one, but has given all judgment to the Son, 23 that all may honor the Son, just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him.

John 1:1-141:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 He came as a witness, to bear witness about the light, that all might believe through him. 8 He was not the light, but came to bear witness about the light.

9 The true light, which enlightens everyone, was coming into the world. 10 He was in the world, and the world was made through him, yet the world did not know him. 11 He came to his own, and his own people did not receive him. 12 But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, 13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.

There's more scripture throughout the Bible that reveals God as a trinity. The easiest one for me is Genesis 1:26.
26 Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

God says US in that verse so it is clearly more than one person talking.

I would think jesus was treated as an equal to god as in he has some powers of god and habits of god
but not necessarily equal to god. basically god divides his power into 3 main things, sorta speak

heres a link http://www.catholic.com/magazine/articles/jesus-is-god[/quote

heres a link http://www.catholic.com/magazine/articles/jesus-is-god

Did you read that link? It says Jesus is God as well.

Back
Top Bottom