Thread to have Barack Up as the NT Banner on Tuesday!

Originally Posted by Barack 0drama

Originally Posted by 4x6191990

Gotta love how Bush was bashed for his inauguration costing 40 mil, but oh, Obama, just because he's our first (HALF) black President and Jesus reincarnated, spends 150 mil and noone seems to mind. All that and he hasn't even accomplished anything yet. $@+*%+% lefties and Obama riders. Perfect example is the idiot who made a thread suggesting Obama's birthday or something become a national holiday. Just because he's half black and is going to end world hunger.
indifferent.gif

Awwwwww...
frown.gif
4x249954686216498451 must not know what happening on Tuesday
ohwell.gif

but i don't think there's a need for a banner

dudes so mad still... every Obama topic gets flammed. I swear... mention the word Obama now... and everyone like..

"Naw.. we straight.."

Originally Posted by NeptuneBeats187

dudes so mad still... every Obama topic gets flammed. I swear... mention the word Obama now... and everyone like..

"Naw.. we straight.."

maybe when dudes stop comparing him to people like MLK then others wont complain.

I agree. I guess we have so much pride for the betterment of ourselves. So, obviously when something like this happens... we do treat it as the 2nd coming orsomething. I don't think it'd be a bad idea for the banner though. The Holiday idea was a bit outlandish though
laugh.gif

No....would anyone else get a banner like this? This is celebrity/cult of personality gone mad...he hasnt even done anything yet, yet youwant to put him on the same status plain as MLK??
smh.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by NeptuneBeats187

I agree. I guess we have so much pride for the betterment of ourselves. So, obviously when something like this happens... we do treat it as the 2nd coming or something. I don't think it'd be a bad idea for the banner though. The Holiday idea was a bit outlandish though
laugh.gif
i feel you. i understand why people are excited. i even voted for the guy. but people are going a bit far with some of the comments/comparisons
laugh.gif

Political ambiguity is a better stance to take. People automatically assume that not wanting an Obama banner makes you salty, and angry that he won, butit's not true. I personally don't see the need to mix politics with a board centered around shoe collecting. There is hardly a correlation. Iunderstand it's a momentous day and all for a lot of you, but MLK's achievements far surpass anything that Obama has done for this country.

Just as there is a separation of church and state in U.S. Government, we should have a separation of politics and niketalk. There is hardly ever a maturepolitical discussion on here, and people get incredibly defensive on this whole Obama issue.

Originally Posted by eaalto

Political ambiguity is a better stance to take. People automatically assume that not wanting an Obama banner makes you salty, and angry that he won, but it's not true. I personally don't see the need to mix politics with a board centered around shoe collecting. There is hardly a correlation. I understand it's a momentous day and all for a lot of you, but MLK's achievements far surpass anything that Obama has done for this country.

Just as there is a separation of church and state in U.S. Government, we should have a separation of politics and niketalk. There is hardly ever a mature political discussion on here, and people get incredibly defensive on this whole Obama issue.
Cot damn...i didnt think there was anybody with sense left, well reasoned and eloquently put to boot. You deserve one of these
pimp.gif

ill take 50 screenshots of the NT Obama banner on inauguration day and DS them for later profits

Originally Posted by Barack 0drama

Won't happen.

You got Dirty, And then you got Meth, Who is like politically ambiguous.

Edit - Then you got salty/bitter NTers objecting and crying.

Originally Posted by ittakesalittlebitmore

Originally Posted by eaalto

Political ambiguity is a better stance to take. People automatically assume that not wanting an Obama banner makes you salty, and angry that he won, but it's not true. I personally don't see the need to mix politics with a board centered around shoe collecting. There is hardly a correlation. I understand it's a momentous day and all for a lot of you, but MLK's achievements far surpass anything that Obama has done for this country.

Just as there is a separation of church and state in U.S. Government, we should have a separation of politics and niketalk. There is hardly ever a mature political discussion on here, and people get incredibly defensive on this whole Obama issue.
Cot damn...i didnt think there was anybody with sense left, well reasoned and eloquently put to boot. You deserve one of these
pimp.gif
I applaud you. If anyone says anything about Obama then they are said to be "salty, or haters". I remember this back in the electiondebates. People really have to see that this is not the second coming of Christ and stop treating it as such. Barack Obama has done NOTHING YET except forwinning the election which I admire but please think about it. And you cant compare him to MLK. MLK gave the ultimate sacrifice for equality and then we seeObama on tv talking about what dog to get in the white house.

its funny how people say Barack hasnt done anything i think becoming president is doing something but i agree he hasnt done as much as the civil rightsmovement

Ok so this has absolutely nothing to do with a banner, although I don't see how creating one implies he's on the level of Martin nor have I everheard/witnessed anyone make that correlation. I can understand the thought that he is able to rally the moral of a people around his cause, in similar fashion.But other than that allow we should Barack to be judged on his own merits.

The sad reality of his presidency is that people are going to expect the nation/our situation to turn around within the first year or two. Otherwise it'llbe looked at as he hasn't done anything, he was full of empty promises etc. The lack of patience by our nation will condem him for the not getting us outof the tremendous hole his predecessor dug us in. Regardless of how much he does get accomplished it will be scrutinized and more often than not considered tobe inadequate.

He will forever be judged and held accountable for the mistakes of "W"... But that's the cross he bares.
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom