Tim Tebow switched to starter for Denver (1st playoff win) Do you believe?

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

This just looks like stealth tanking to me, I would be heated though If I was an actual professional QB like Orton or Quinn I would be seriously heated though.
Ain't nothing stealth about what their doing
roll.gif

Now Miami? That's stealth tanking
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

did yall hear Tom Jackson tonite around 730 pm? (paraphrasing) said he went to Denver facilities this week to interview Elway for a piece, watched some practice, and Tebow was just as bad practicing as he has been in the games. Said Fox and Elway both realize Tebows not what they wanted.

This just doesn't make sense. If the kids not good, why are they putting him in there? Humiliate the kid smh or worse, get him injured.

All around, this makes no sense at all.
i think they're just proving a point to the media/fans.....especially the fans to get them to shut the hell up.....tebow will either play another position next year or get cut 
Miami is def stealth tanking 
roll.gif
roll.gif
anybody who watched the game last week know Miami gave tebow that "comeback" 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by airblaster503

For someone who everyone preaches has the best work ethic ever, Tim Tebow has alot of stuff he needs to work on. So I question, how do you have such a great work ethic and fail to improve on your mechanics in 2 years????
His mechanics can't be fixed in 1 or 2 years. You have to realize that he essentially came out of college w/ similar mechanical issues that he had in HS. The QB coaching, from a mechanical/fundamentals point of view, that he recieved in college was not very good. So as soon as he got out of college he had to find a QB coach and due to just how far behind he was they were essentially starting from the bottom floor w/ him. It's not just like he has to clean up his footwork and that's all. You can't clean up all those issues in two years no matter how you work. When you get to the NFL level you're expected to be at a certain baseline mechanically and you should only have to slightly adjust it here and there in the offseason. No major overhauls (this usually would take place in college). Hell, that long winding motion and slow release isn't gonna get fixed up but so much. Add in the fact that they missed so much time over the summer w/ him not throwing live balls to his WR's against a real defense and what you have is him falling back on what comes natural to him. I think it's pretty unfair to question his work ethic.

John is doing exactly what I said he would do. Play Tebow to get the Denver fans off their backs and keep fans going to Invesco. It's really despicable but Broncos fans in Colorado are extremely passionate about the team and many don't realize how much Josh McDumiels screwed up this team. It's sad to see Tim being used like this but it is what it is.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

did yall hear Tom Jackson tonite around 730 pm? (paraphrasing) said he went to Denver facilities this week to interview Elway for a piece, watched some practice, and Tebow was just as bad practicing as he has been in the games. Said Fox and Elway both realize Tebows not what they wanted.

This just doesn't make sense. If the kids not good, why are they putting him in there? Humiliate the kid smh or worse, get him injured.

Honestly if this is happening they should be fired. Embarasing a kid, and giving in to fan pressure is not smart, or in the fans best interest. I think we now get the point. Tebow isnt ready to be a starting QB, might never be. Ok fine, move him, he has athletic ability to change position and be fine, I would have to imagine teaching blocking technique, and route running, especially with his QB background is easier than teaching throwing motion on an broken QB.

I disagree, when your franchise isn't making crazy amounts of money or winning and 87% of them "think" that Tebow is the answer. Why not give in, season is done for them already. They're not trying to embarrass him but he was moved to the third slot for a reason. They just wanna give the fans what they want so they can stop. I'd put in Quinn by now if I was the coach. Cut Tebow or trade him. His last two games are the worst games by a QB I've ever seen. Good job with the comeback last week against a winless team.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by airblaster503

For someone who everyone preaches has the best work ethic ever, Tim Tebow has alot of stuff he needs to work on. So I question, how do you have such a great work ethic and fail to improve on your mechanics in 2 years????
His mechanics can't be fixed in 1 or 2 years. You have to realize that he essentially came out of college w/ similar mechanical issues that he had in HS. The QB coaching, from a mechanical/fundamentals point of view, that he recieved in college was not very good. So as soon as he got out of college he had to find a QB coach and due to just how far behind he was they were essentially starting from the bottom floor w/ him. It's not just like he has to clean up his footwork and that's all. You can't clean up all those issues in two years no matter how you work. When you get to the NFL level you're expected to be at a certain baseline mechanically and you should only have to slightly adjust it here and there in the offseason. No major overhauls (this usually would take place in college). Hell, that long winding motion and slow release isn't gonna get fixed up but so much. Add in the fact that they missed so much time over the summer w/ him not throwing live balls to his WR's against a real defense and what you have is him falling back on what comes natural to him. I think it's pretty unfair to question his work ethic.

Yea I understand that it was rough with no off season and all that, but this guys has made absolutely ZERO improvement in his mechanics.  He could have brought in someone himself and worked on these things in the off season.  Strong work eithic or not, this guy will never get to where he needs to be a legit backup in the league.

Why does anyone feel bad for Brady Quinn?
laugh.gif

Tebow has already had more success in the NFL than he has.

Tebow will never be a long term, serviceable starting NFL QB (and I never said he would be).

I just got frustrated w/ the droves of NT'ers mocking his "intangibles" as if it wasn't true. You don't like that word? Alright...

Then:

Dedication
Leadership
Work Ethic
Accountability
Passion
Love for the game
Ability to inspire
Willingness to learn
Humble
Coachable
High Character
Flat-out good person (has nothing to do w/ religion)
Winner

Just listen to his former coaches and teammates describe him.

Anybody who would mock this list or claim it be BS and say it has nothing to do w/ football has either never played on a semi-high level or flat-out hates Tebow for their own reasons.

From the QB position, this stuff matters. A LOT. You can't even explain in words how much this matters in a locker room/huddle when it's genuine.

If Ryan Leaf had Tim's exact "intangibles", he would have most likely been very successful.

I don't watch ESPN unless it's for games, so I'm not seeing all this nonsense and talk. That %%*! shouldn't effect the reality of the situation. Tim is probably gonna ultimately fail because of his mechanics and lack of talent as a thrower.

How many QB's athletes have publicly said anything remotely similar to this and then went out and BACKED IT UP?

The Broncos weren't winning with Orton back there, so can't blame them for putting Tebow in there. The best way to find out if he can play and for him to get better is to put him out there. When he won against Miami, no one said it was wrong to put him out there.

Originally Posted by N ll K 3

Dedication  Detroit won 45-7
Leadership Detroit won 45-7
Work Ethic Detroit won 45-7 
Accountability Detroit won 45-7
Passion Detroit won 45-7
Love for the game Detroit won 45-7
Ability to inspire Detroit won 45-7
Willingness to learn Detroit won 45-7
Humble Detroit won 45-7
Coachable Detroit won 45-7
High Character Detroit won 45-7
Flat-out good person (has nothing to do w/ religion) Detroit won 45-7
Winner 
laugh.gif
Detroit won 45-7

Did I mention Detroit won 45-7?

Those are some great buzz words but unfortunately the only one that matters is "good qb"

And he ain't one

Originally Posted by DubA169

Those are some great buzz words but unfortunately the only one that matters is "good qb"

And he ain't one

Exactly. Don't get me wrong it was bad ### that he said that and backed it up, but that was AT FLORIDA. He was on a team stacked with talent on both sides of the ball and could throw to receivers that were often being covered by guys who are backups in the NFL, in the CFL or driving trucks right now. He clearly is still way behind in reading defenses and his elongated throwing motion makes it even harder on him trying to throw into smaller windows in the NFL. And then there are the accuracy issues. Until he fixes those things it won't matter how good of a leader he is. There have been countless QB's who were good enough to beast in college whose games didn't translate to the pros. 
I think Tebow is a great person and I'd love to have a locker room presence like him on my team, but I wouldn't want him as my quarterback with his current skillset. Especially if I were a receiver. Realtalk I know he won two titles and a Heisman with that throwing motion, but why does he throw like that? Might be the most unorthodox throwing motion/shooting form/release I've ever seen from a pro player in any sport. My sister has a much more NFL-ready throwing motion than Tim Tebow
laugh.gif
Dead serious. 

Nobody is saying Tim Tebow is a good QB.  NOBODY IS EVEN SAYING HE'S DECENT.

Just the fact that criticising/mocking him for anything football related besides mechanics/arm strength/accuracy is plain ignorant/stupid/borderline hateful.

There are LOADS of QB's with more throwing talent than Tebow that couldn't cut it in this league for issues besides football skills.  Their throwing skills were fine.

The vast majority of NFL QB busts were because of their mental makeup and because their "intangibles" were #++$.

Tebow is not going to be a bust because of his mental makeup/"intangibles", which is more of a rare occurrence.  He just can't throw.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE POINT, NOW?
Did I mention the historic comeback that he lead?  W/o the "intangibles" it would have never taken place.

Tim Tebow was never drafted in the 1st round because of his skills.  He was drafted in the 1st round because of his "intangibles".

Hate the term "intangibles" all you want, but it's a real term in the world of sports w/ serious value.

Bottom line is that Tim will not be able to survive on "intangibles" alone in the NFL (and I never thought he could).

"is not going to be a bust because of his mental makeup/"intangibles", which is more of a rare occurrence.  He just can't throw."

That's kind of like saying a surgeon has the mental makeup to cut bodies but his hands are terrible. It's basically saying he can't perform his job

It just feels like you nonchalantly throw that out there. By the wayyy he can't throw. It's the most important part

The worst part is his accuracy. Dude might be the most unaccurate quarterback I have ever seen in the NFL. His misses aren't just low or barely behind players, they are 15 yards over their heads. He can't run a quick pass offense cause his wind up takes valuable time away, and he can't throw the ball down field. He is to slow to be a serious run threat and that isn't going to work every play. I think the Denver coaches and Elway were pressured to start him cause of the fans and even the owner. They knew he was going to fail that is why he was 3rd on the depth chart behind Quinn, worst case though Tebow is their ticket to suck4Luck. Fans will forget all about Tebow if they get that first pick for Luck.

Originally Posted by DubA169

"is not going to be a bust because of his mental makeup/"intangibles", which is more of a rare occurrence.  He just can't throw."

That's kind of like saying a surgeon has the mental makeup to cut bodies but his hands are terrible. It's basically saying he can't perform his job

It just feels like you nonchalantly throw that out there. By the wayyy he can't throw. It's the most important partow
How about you prove me wrong w/ QB's that were taken in the 1st round who were busts because they had no arm.

Or we list all the guys w/ cannons/more than adequate arms who busted because they were mental midgets and/or had terrible work ethic/character?

See where I'm going w/ this?

Yeah...

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

Passion Detroit won 45-7
Humble Detroit won 45-7
Winner 
laugh.gif
Detroit won 45-7

laugh.gif
 and Ima Tebow fan

Tim looked flat out terrible but I still think he should finish out this season. They know Orton is a bum, Quinn already had his chance with the Browns. Tim only has like 7 starts.

He was the worst QB in the NFL yesterday. That's all that needs to be said. Name me a good QB in the league that doesn't have "intangibles". These are meaningless attributes that could be said for anyone that wins.

This is the worst QB i ever seen play in the NFL. He is just awful.

Nothing Bill Belichick cant fix though. Dont want him on my team ever. But just saying..... Belichick can make him look like a decent NFL QB.

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

Passion Detroit won 45-7
Humble Detroit won 45-7
Winner 
laugh.gif
Detroit won 45-7

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

The only time we ever hear constant talk of intangibles is when QB's just aren't very good.

In Tebow's case we have to act like he's the only QB ever to have a will to win, be a leader, be a film room rat, and be a good human being.

Go ask the former college and pro teammates of some of the best QBs and they all will say the exact same things about their guy. But because this is Tim "ESPN" Tebow the story line we get to hear every week is that Tim is the only one like this and thus we have to continue to care (and cover) him. Because without that storyline what is left? A basically 3rd string NFL QB playing for a horse ____ team. Those players don't get covered. And that doesnt help the media's clicks.

As I've said all along i feel sorry for the guy. He's the 2nd most covered NFL player of all time and he's not even in his mid 20's. And he hasn't done anything in the league. So that creates unneeded hype which then creates unneeded hatred which then then creates a soap opera we have to watch every single day of our lives. Which then feeds into the fans and even the people who are supposed to not fall for this stuff, i.e. NFL coaches and guys like Josh McDaniels who actually picks Tebow in the first round and not only that trades a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounder to get in the position to do so. You just have to laugh at the whole thing.

Why does anyone feel bad for Brady Quinn?
laugh.gif

Tebow has already had more success in the NFL than he has.

Tebow will never be a long term, serviceable starting NFL QB (and I never said he would be).

I just got frustrated w/ the droves of NT'ers mocking his "intangibles" as if it wasn't true. You don't like that word? Alright...

Then:

Dedication
Leadership
Work Ethic
Accountability
Passion
Love for the game
Ability to inspire
Willingness to learn
Humble
Coachable
High Character
Flat-out good person (has nothing to do w/ religion)
Winner

Just listen to his former coaches and teammates describe him.

Anybody who would mock this list or claim it be BS and say it has nothing to do w/ football has either never played on a semi-high level or flat-out hates Tebow for their own reasons.

From the QB position, this stuff matters. A LOT. You can't even explain in words how much this matters in a locker room/huddle when it's genuine.

If Ryan Leaf had Tim's exact "intangibles", he would have most likely been very successful.

I don't watch ESPN unless it's for games, so I'm not seeing all this nonsense and talk. That %%*! shouldn't effect the reality of the situation. Tim is probably gonna ultimately fail because of his mechanics and lack of talent as a thrower.

How many QB's athletes have publicly said anything remotely similar to this and then went out and BACKED IT UP?

Thats nice and all but at the end of the day he doesnt have the skill set and ability (as of now) to do the job. Lets put this in everyday life perspective. Lets say you was at a job. Everyone likes you,always on time, the first at work, and the last to leave. You constantly are out trying to improve at your job, and studied the company history etc. But at the end of the day you cannot do your job.

Do you think the avg employer would keep you? Do you think that person deserves the job, when there is a able body and more than capable person who can do the job?

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

The only time we ever hear constant talk of intangibles is when QB's just aren't very good.

I hear plenty intangible talk about Andrew Luck. It's not always with the direct use of the word, but I hear tons of itangibles talk about Luck. Well deserved too.

Back
Top Bottom