Tim Tebow switched to starter for Denver (1st playoff win) Do you believe?

Very true. However with Luck it's also attached with "best QB prospect since Elway" and "future NFL star" and "teams are tanking for him he's that good."

When i say "constant talk" that's Tebow.

Nothings changed with Tebow... Hes still a terrible QB... Hes still worth wayyyyyyy less than what Denver paid to get him... Hes a fullback.... Hes still a really nice guy.

Guys can clown in here all they want.
laugh.gif

Personally, I've believed Tebow sucked all along.  Doesn't mean I wasn't rooting for him, though.

But to mock his "intangibles" no matter how much you hate the term and act like it was never the main reason he was drafted so high or one of the main reasons he is such a hot topic to begin w/ is ignorant.

Yes, "intangibles" mean jack #+!! when you can't throw, but don't completely take them away from him (like some were attempting to do).

That was the only point I've made since the beginning.

But dudes are so anxious, foaming at the mouth to clown on him that they fail to realize what is truly being discussed/argued.

Originally Posted by N ll K 3

Guys can clown in here all they want.
laugh.gif

Personally, I've believed Tebow sucked all along.  Doesn't mean I wasn't rooting for him, though.

But to mock his "intangibles" no matter how much you hate the term and act like it was never the main reason he was drafted so high or one of the main reasons he is such a hot topic to begin w/ is ignorant.

Yes, "intangibles" mean jack #+!! when you can't throw, but don't completely take them away from him (like some were attempting to do).

That was the only point I've made since the beginning.

But dudes are so anxious, foaming at the mouth to clown on him that they fail to realize what is truly being discussed/argued.

/thread

Originally Posted by LDJ

��Thats nice and all but at the end of the day he doesnt have the skill set and ability (as of now) to do the job. Lets put this in everyday life perspective. Lets say you was at a job. Everyone likes you,�always on time, the first at work, and the last to leave. You constantly are out trying to improve at your job, and studied the company history etc. But at the end of the day you cannot do your job.

Do you think the avg employer would keep you? Do you think that person deserves the job, when there is a able body and more than capable person who can do the job?

this is actually a very good example
i don't think that employee gets fired. but they have very limited responsibilities. depends on the line of work

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by LDJ

��Thats nice and all but at the end of the day he doesnt have the skill set and ability (as of now) to do the job. Lets put this in everyday life perspective. Lets say you was at a job. Everyone likes you,�always on time, the first at work, and the last to leave. You constantly are out trying to improve at your job, and studied the company history etc. But at the end of the day you cannot do your job.

Do you think the avg employer would keep you? Do you think that person deserves the job, when there is a able body and more than capable person who can do the job?
i don't think that employee gets fired. but they have very limited responsibilities. depends on the line of work

Tebow reminds me of an untalented HS basketball player. Sucks skill wise, but works so hard. Always there with the rah-rah on the bench. First to arrive, last to leave. Kiss up to the coach. But will never be good.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by LDJ

Tebow reminds me of an untalented HS basketball player. Sucks skill wise, but works so hard. Always there with the rah-rah on the bench. First to arrive, last to leave. Kiss up to the coach. But will never be good.

Sounds like Rudy to me champ, too bad for Tebow they already made a movie based upon this.

Originally Posted by LDJ

Or better yet your at a job lets say walmart your working as a cashier. You cant read/right/add/count etc always mess up ppl change, BUT youre warm friendly and courteous to the customers. But there is another position such as pushing carts or working the stockroom in which is along your speed and you would thrive at. Wouldnt it make more since to have said employee working as a cart attendant and/or stockperson then a cashier?

N ll K 3 wrote:
Did I mention Detroit won 45-7?
Did I mention the historic comeback that he lead?  W/o the "intangibles" it would have never taken place.

Tim Tebow was never drafted in the 1st round because of his skills.  He was drafted in the 1st round because of his "intangibles".

Hate the term "intangibles" all you want, but it's a real term in the world of sports w/ serious value.

Bottom line is that Tim will not be able to survive on "intangibles" alone in the NFL (and I never thought he could).

Against a winless, terrible Miami Dolphins team, with a abysmal pass defense.  If QB quality was measured by the intangibles and overall personal quality, Tebow would be the league MVP.  Unfortunately it's not, and you actually have to produce something on the field.

why isnt favoritism tolerated in the NFL Though?

i keep hearin about losing the team and this and that.

there is nepotism and "favorite sons" in every line of work. tebow makes them sales. why is it so forbidden

My problem with this whole Tebow thing is people are acting like those intangibles are impossible to find. How about the other guys that work hard too? That is why Tebow will never succeed in the NFL in my opinion. When other people are working hard too and their only job is to play football then trying to outwork others will only take you so far. If other players are more talented and they work hard too then how does Tebow ever make it to the top? He doesn't have the skill set to just simply out work other people and become a top 30 QB in the world. I don't hate on the guy it's just reality. You can't get everything you desire by working hard. Cliches don't run our lives people.
Edit: I realized I could shut myself up by saying that other guys didn't have such accomplished college careers.  However it is clear that he does have a skill set that could succeed in the college game.  To me he is a pretty easy guy to figure out so I really don't see how he's ever going to take his game to the next level.

Originally Posted by University of Nike

I love being right.
pimp.gif
200px-Andrew_Luck_at_2010_Stanford_football_open_house.JPG

I had to do it.
laugh.gif
wink.gif

Sounds like Rudy to me champ, too bad for Tebow they already made a movie based upon this.
Yeah, because Rudy Ruettiger is arguably the greatest NCAA football player of All Time.  Great point, champ.

Originally Posted by LDJ

im not the worlds biggest tebow fan, especially today 
laugh.gif

but hes won 5 of 6 and thats enough to say that hes doing his job.

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

Please note, this is coming from a guy who's family despises UF and are hardcore FSU fans.
I don't believe that Tebow is ready yet. His mechanics need work, his footwork is questionable, and most importantly, his accuracy and pocket presence isn't there.
The thing is, all that can be improved in time. Those are skill sets that can be developed.

What can't be taught are the intangibles he brings. It's almost like his teammates dial it up another notch when he's in the game. He electrifies the fan base and his personality is magnetic. He's not a good QB, yet his teammates will listen and follow him. "Experts" will tell you that doesn't mean diddly poo, but if you have receivers and O-line personal genuinely wanting you to succeed, you have a chance to become a special player in the league.

In the end, from a rational point of view, Denver will be disappointed with his actual play. He'll probably be a tad better than average by the time his career is done. But if he can learn fast enough and the hype dies down a little, there's a chance a happy medium can be met by the fans in Denver and Tebow.
Revisiting my reply on the second page, the only thing I would correct is the last line, because Tebow will not be in Denver next year. Hopefully he can develop his passing skills in the offseason and impress another team to give him a shot.

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by LDJ

Or better yet your at a job lets say walmart your working as a cashier. You cant read/right/add/count etc always mess up ppl change, BUT youre warm friendly and courteous to the customers. But there is another position such as pushing carts or working the stockroom in which is along your speed and you would thrive at. Wouldnt it make more since to have said employee working as a cart attendant and/or stockperson then a cashier?

Stupid analogy.
 The point of the cashier is to ring up the customer, receive cash and give back change if needed. If you can't read/right/add/count and mess up peoples change, then clearly you lack the skill to be a cashier, based on the job description (being able to ring people up, receive and disburse cash). 

Now, a QB, his job is to ultimately WIN, not throw 3 TD,not pass for 300 yards...but WIN. What people question about Tebow is the way he's winning. He's 5-1 as a starter this year, so he is doing what he supposed to do, which is to win,  expect he's not doing it in a traditional way.  

Your example of the cashier showed that the person was incapable of doing their job,  Tebow on the other hand, IS doing his job. 

Defense wins.. That's all I'm going to say... Defense wins... If they don't hold teams to 10-15 points for 4 of the games Tebow is not 5-1, he'd be 2-3 or 3-2... You gotta at least admit that....

Back
Top Bottom