Tim Tebow switched to starter for Denver (1st playoff win) Do you believe?

Why am I joke guys? I honestly feel dumb and I don't know why.  I don't have swag guys I am a lame but I'm a sports geek so I just feel like I should try to believe in myself for once.  You haters are douches for clowning on a good hearted dude trying to start an honest argument.  You can't school a fellow NTer?? Why are me and Elway the clowns?  I just don't believe a college offense is the best way to beat QBs with perfect timing.

Originally Posted by kc24688

Why am I joke guys? I honestly feel dumb and I don't know why.  I don't have swag guys I am a lame but I'm a sports geek so I just feel like I should try to believe in myself for once.  You haters are douches for clowning on a good hearted dude trying to start an honest argument.  You can't school a fellow NTer?? Why are me and Elway the clowns?  I just don't believe a college offense is the best way to beat QBs with perfect timing.

Dude stop comparing yourself to Elway!

I HATED Tebow with a passion at Florida. I thought he was the biggest tool bag in the sports world and wanted nothing but to see him fail. But right now, im rooting for him more than anything but the Packers.
I feel terrible about everything he's had to deal with. Every single analyst shooting him down. And it wasnt even like constructive criticism it all sounded genuinely mean lol. And then on top of that friggin John Elway... dude needs to shut his trap. I mean I get where he's coming from. He was an elite pocket passing QB and thats what he wants. He wants a Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees ect. But given everything Tebows had to go through Elway should be the last person saying anything. Especially when he's done nothing but win. 

For that I hope Tebow wins every game from here on out to see it backfire on Elway. You just dont say that about any player on your team. 

Its even weirder that the reason I now like Tebow is actually because of the very reason I hated him at Florida. I just hated who he was as a person at Florida. But now I like him cause he looks like he's genuinely a good person. Very humble, and he doesnt just say the right things, he says the right things and actually means it. He's a guy who is probably an actual nice dude off camera which is something I always appreciate to see in a professional athlete. If he keeps this up I might even believe in god 
laugh.gif

I love what Tim and Denver are doing, not sure how you can dislike the guy. He is doing all he can, having fun, and is obviously a good guy which is refreshing

I'm sorry but I'm done because I'm convinced you guys are hating on me. I never said once I didn't like him nor did I say I don't root for him. I said I wouldn't make him my franchise QB if I was Elway. Not sure how you would say I don't like Tebow unless you were hating on me. Go back to any posts and show where I said I wouldn't root for him.

I'm sorry but I'm done because I'm convinced you guys are hating on me. I never said once I didn't like him nor did I say I don't root for him. I said I wouldn't make him my franchise QB if I was Elway. Not sure how you would say I don't like Tebow unless you were hating on me. Go back to any posts and show where I said I wouldn't root for him.

How many franchise QB's are in this league right now?  Brady (3 SB's), Brees (1 SB), Manning (1 SB), Rodgers (1 SB).

So, coming from a guy who is talking about winning Super Bowls as the criteria, I just named the top 5 QB's in the league and the only one with more than one SB is Brady. 

Just take it easy dude. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dmxfury

I love what Tim and Denver are doing, not sure how you can dislike the guy. He is doing all he can, having fun, and is obviously a good guy which is refreshing
This is resounding...simply put.  It is good to see a "good guy" have great things happen to him.....refreshing indeed and a joy to watch.  He plays QB for the common man.  This is like watching a Disney movie each weekend. 

Credit where credit is due.. He played an excellent game...

But what happens say they lose the next 4 and miss the playoffs... Or say they win the next 3 or 4, make the playoffs, and lose the wildcard round.. Then what?

So much undeserved praise for someone who has only barely had Regular Season Credentials of less than a half year.. He made some great throws today, and some throws any Quarterback in the league could make.. Give him praise for helping to turn the ship around, but there's way too much time to crown him now.

Originally Posted by Essential1

But what happens say they lose the next 4 and miss the playoffs... Or say they win the next 3 or 4, make the playoffs, and lose the wildcard round.. Then what?

So much undeserved praise for someone who has only barely had Regular Season Credentials of less than a half year.. He made some great throws today, and some throws any Quarterback in the league could make.. Give him praise for helping to turn the ship around, but there's way too much time to crown him now.
What praise are they giving him? Show me any place that is heaping praise on him outside of saying that he is winning football games. Who are you basing all of this "praise" from? Skip Bayless? Because every analyst that I see basically acts like he is going 0'fer every game, and have a myriad excuses why he was able to win each week, despite being incredibly limited.

Originally Posted by hugebird

Originally Posted by Essential1

What praise are they giving him? Show me any place that is heaping praise on him outside of saying that he is winning football games. Who are you basing all of this "praise" from? Skip Bayless? Because every analyst that I see basically acts like he is going 0'fer every game, and have a myriad excuses why he was able to win each week, despite being incredibly limited.

Exactly. No one is praising him. Everyone is waiting for him to lose. When he finally does sports talk radio is going to blow up with see the ride is over, he's just a regular guy who can't throw a ball, his lucky streak is over. Dude came into a team that was headed for nowhereville and used his heart and energy to turn an entire team around put them in first place in their division. Who cares if their division is lacking it's not the only division in the league that sucks with highly overrated teams (hello NFC east). What matters most is the win column. No one is saying he's the greatest QB ever, we know that. He can't throw that well and who knows if he ever will. But he plays with all heart and drives his players to play their hearts out. I mean when was the last time you saw McGahee look this good? Will and heart I'd take any day over technical proficiency. Stats mean nothing if you can't win a game (insert Tony Romo).

10 TDs 1 Int, 6-1 and 5 of those wins being on the road.

The team as a whole is gel-ing together and tebow has got to be a catalyst to a lot of it

TebowGod
pimp.gif

Honestly i love watching this guy shut up the haters
pimp.gif

Merrill Hoge must feel type ridiculous. He asked Parcells today if he thinks Tebow will be able to take the punishment from NFL defenses for 16 games and Parcells responded that he doesnt think NFL defenses will be able to handle tebow for 16 games if anything
laugh.gif
Merrils like
30t6p3b.gif

Fact is that Tebow has already done more in his football career than most, and its only his second NFL season. I've never seen a 2x national champ and heisman recipient recieve so much hate
laugh.gif

I remember people were saying he wouldnt be able to take the hits in the NFL
roll.gif

The dude is a beast!!

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Tebow is able to beat all of the really bad teams in the league, but that's about it.
Thats a good point champ

Tim is getting there...
Do I think he will be an elite passer in 2 years? nope Do I think he will eventually get to the point where he is someones guy at QB? Its quite possible. Today it was fewer gimmicks and more traditional sets with a heavy run slant. That's a positive from last year to this year Tebow had regressed as a passer the changes he made hadn't set in completely. At this point you either roll with what he has, and accept that he wont ever be great at drop backs under center or you change his position. The later I feel is a mistake. I think he would be great as a h back or a TE, but he is making reads as a QB that have already directly lead to wins. If he improves his deep ball accuracy, becomes a monster in the short passes and gets more help from his wr's he will be a very successful QB.

I think the throwing motion is overblown a bit. The feet are more important. Believe it or not Mc daniels had an idea for Tebow at QB, I'm almost sure it was majority of snaps out of the gun, 2 TE sets, and the occasional Tebow run.

Do you guys really think you can will a team through the playoffs? Isn't everyone going to be playing hard, therefore limiting Tebow's strength when it matters the most?

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Tebow is able to beat all of the really bad teams in the league, but that's about it.
Thats a good point champ
laugh.gif

but you can only beat the teams on your schedule. he's doing that.

Do you guys really think you can will a team through the playoffs? Isn't everyone going to be playing hard, therefore limiting Tebow's strength when it matters the most?

This makes no sense. The playoffs, if the Broncos make it, will be more difficult because the teams will be better, not because "everyone is playing hard". You think teams don't play hard in the regular season?

So if he loses in the playoffs then he loses but at least he would have went there which no one even gave him a chance to win a game or even throw a TD pass. He's doing all he can, improving his skills and winning games and all people can do is put him down and call it luck. That's what I don't get.

I feel kinda bad for him because its almost a lose-lose

You know unless they win the superbowl, John Elway is going to try his best to find a new qb next season.  He can't stand tebow succeeding.  All these fundamentalist acting like he is ruining the position.  Let the man cook he is winning isn't that "all the matters"....i guess not

The only reason i root for tebow now is because i love watching every espn announcer pull the "he can't keep winning this way" ummmm but he is?

Tebowgod
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

since when has the nfl been a look good and lose type of league? is this man your prototypical qb? ofcourse not, he is a winner. this league is about winning games,hello? hello? you play to win the game,not to look pretty throwing a pass. this man has made this team do a 180 from a 1-4 team to a 6-1 team in a tie for the division lead and there is still hate on this man? i just dont get it.  

Originally Posted by tim teufel

since when has the nfl been a look good and lose type of league? is this man your prototypical qb? ofcourse not, he is a winner. this league is about winning games,hello? hello? you play to win the game,not to look pretty throwing a pass. this man has made this team do a 180 from a 1-4 team to a 6-1 team in a tie for the division lead and there is still hate on this man? i just dont get it.  

How is he a winner? What has he won? 6 games in the regular season.. If he goes 0-4 last 4 games, he is 6-5 this season is he no longer a winner in your eyes?

The quote that I bring up whenever someone says "All he does is win" I respond with "All he does is win until he loses."

This he's a winner thing is nonsense.. In college he's a winner.. But we have numerous examples of winners in college, losers in the NFL... You don't get the "winner" title in the NFL until you win significant games over a few year period, and even then you really are not considered a "real winner" until you take your team to a Superbowl and win it first...

If he's a winner and loses first round.. What does that make him? Definitely not a winner, especially if he spends years doing the same BS. Make playoffs, loses first round.. Peyton Manning was a Great QB for years before he was a "winner".

Dan Marino top 5 QB's in history, made playoffs numerous times.. Took plenty of @$*%$+ teams to the playoffs...  What is something Marino is not?  A winner..

It's a second year starter who is 6-1, after the team started 1-4..  That playoff spot is not guaranteed.. And if they don't make the playoffs, what is the positive of the situation? Nothing.

He's turned the team around... But that doesn't define him as a winner.. Just someone who has won games this season..

Back
Top Bottom