Tim Tebow switched to starter for Denver (1st playoff win) Do you believe?

Tebow and his Disciples
pimp.gif

this has to be probably the best underdog story this season if they make it far in the playoffs. I did also say Denver's winning the division too, and look whats happening
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Tebow is able to beat all of the really bad teams in the league, but that's about it.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Champ stick to the kobe hate.
wink.gif

TEBOW.
pimp.gif

Speaking of bad teams I'm sure the Broncos would beat your Cowboys, and did beat your favorite QB in Mark Sanchez, so neither of those is a surprise to me.  I say Tebow has only beaten really bad teams cause that's all he has beaten, that's a fact.  He beat the Mediocre Vikings, the lowly Oakland Raiders, the dismal San Diego Chargers, the overhyped and always overrated in recent years New York Jets led by a QB in Mark Sanchez thats regressing, and the Kansas City Chiefs.  All those teams are eqiuvalent to the little league Bad News Bears.  Now that's not a bad thing for Tebow and his fanbase cause he's doing what he's suppose to do and that's beat all the really bad and sorry teams, so more power to him.  Let's just look at that for what it is though, and not make more of it than what it really is.

Also, unlike Kobe, at least Tim Tebow is nobody's Robin.  Tebow is his own man, Kobe Bryant not so much.    

An intangible I wish Tony Romo shared with him.

That's a good point champ, but you have to also take into account that Tebow doesn't have a head coach that appears to be holding him back and giving him free will to help his team with football games.  Romo however, has a head coach thats putting a hold on his abilities.

Anyone sick of seeing Elway on the sidelines? It seems like dude is just trying to take all the shine away from Tebow Christ and his disciples. Dude reminds me of Shaq and Favre.

I know deep down Elway is sick to his stomach.
laugh.gif

somebody gotta PS the the last supper pic with Tebow and the broncos roster
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 are we really going to go into the semantics of "being a winner" vs. "winning games in the regular season?"

Fine, Tebow is NOT an NFL winner. He is NOT a prototypical quarterback. He is NOT the only reason Denver is on a hot streak. He may NOT be a long term solution in Denver. He may NOT be a starting QB in the NFL next year. I get it.

All I can say is this: Tebow, as of now (12/5/11), is a starting QB in the NFL who's team is 6-1 since he has started. They've won 5 games on the road (albeit with teams that have losing records). A team, that with 4 games left, is tied for the lead in the AFC West. His passing attempts are low and his completion percentage is abysmal, but he does have a 10 TD to 1 INT ratio. The defense has stepped up tremendously and the coaching staff is doing a good job in facilitating Tim's limited prototypical QB skills.

With that said, I can only speak for myself when I say, it's exciting to watch and I can't help rooting for the guy. And again, this comes from someone who is pro-FSU and anti-UF.

And on the subject of Elway, he is NOT a clown. He is the head of a franchise that he wants to be successful. Tebow is a big risk for them. If you take a look at the NFL as a whole, there's never been anyone like Tebow. So without previous empirical data and a very small sample size, how can you bet on Tim? In short, I would never begrudge Elway for getting rid of Tebow during the offseason. It's easy for the fans to say, "keep the guy, he's doing great," but Elway can't just look at this season. He's got to project, and unfortunately, since Tebow is unique, it puts him in a tough spot. Can something like this work in the long term? Are we willing to make a huge commitment by surrounding this guy, and hope it doesn't fail? I mean, those are legit concerns and ultimately what will send Tebow out of Denver.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

I feel kinda bad for him because its almost a lose-lose

This is exactly right. Even if he were in some magical universe able to win the Superbowl people would still find an excuse as to why he won it and discredit the victory. It would be oh well there was a linebacker that wasn't at 100% so he couldn't get him in the open field which lead to a first down that was the pivotal point in the game. So he's really not a good QB because the other team wasn't fully prepared.

Yes dude is not a bonafied great QB and no one is saying that. What people are saying is that he's an embarrassment to the league and shouldn't even be in it but then he goes and wins. Regular season games or not he's winning. One week it's all he can do is rush and not throw the ball. He can't do that forever and win a game. So then he doesn't rush and throws some TD passes then it's well he can't beat a team if they score more than 20 points, then they score 35.

No one is saying that he's the next coming, but he's definitely proved that he's got the heart and desire to get better and win games no matter what it takes and people, especially teammates, look up to that. That's why this team is winning because he makes the guys around him want to play better and come together as a team. To me that's what makes him a winner.

I will root for Tebow no matter where he goes because that guy does what a lot of people don't do anymore in pro sports, he goes for the win.

laugh.gif
so what you're saying is that all the other guys are out there going for the L's? Tebowmania is hilarious I tell ya...

Originally Posted by grittyman20

I will root for Tebow no matter where he goes because that guy does what a lot of people don't do anymore in pro sports, he goes for the win.
laugh.gif
so what you're saying is that all the other guys are out there going for the L's? Tebowmania is hilarious I tell ya...

Did you fail reading comprehension in elementary school or something? He is referring to the large amount of athletes in pro sports who are more interested in padding their own stats and whining when they don't get enough reps or playing time instead of being a team guy. Examples: dumbasses like Desean and andray blatche

Originally Posted by DangerousG

Did you fail reading comprehension in elementary school or something? He is referring to the large amount of athletes in pro sports who are more interested in padding their own stats and whining when they don't get enough reps or playing time instead of being a team guy. Examples: dumbasses like Desean and andray blatche
Large amounts eh? Oh ok.
indifferent.gif

Large amounts eh? Oh ok.
indifferent.gif

That is up to debate. Still doesn't change the fact that you completely misread dudes statement you clown
laugh.gif

Large amounts eh? Oh ok.
indifferent.gif

That is up to debate. Still doesn't change the fact that you completely misread dudes statement you clown
laugh.gif
Actually, his statement just says "goes for the win". All of what you are inferring about what he was implying with his statement is hearsay, because his statement his statement is incredibly vague. Also, I don't see how Tebow is "going for the win" moreso than most people I see every weekend playing football.

Originally Posted by hugebird

Large amounts eh? Oh ok.
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
Actually, his statement just says "goes for the win". All of what you are inferring about what he was implying with his statement is hearsay, because his statement his statement is incredibly vague. Also, I don't see how Tebow is "going for the win" moreso than most people I see every weekend playing football.
This is what my original statement said:

"Keep the winning going. I love watching this show every week. I willroot for Tebow no matter where he goes because that guy does what a lotof people don't do anymore in pro sports, he goes for the win. Forgetstats just get the win. More people need to think that way."

And yes I was implying that it's rare these days to see a pro athlete actually just go for the win and not the money. Like everything else in the world it gets corrupted by money and all these top athletes will surely go where the dollar is instead of where the team is. It's refreshing to see a dude really just hustle his %#% off and want to make him and his team better and win games. That's not to say he's the only guy in the league or in pro sports doing that but from what I see these days it's a rare occurrence (insert Desean Jackson).

Originally Posted by j d0t win

Af6e6FZCQAAhGE4.png
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

/thread

All it needs is a U mad gif. Freaking overrated Elway.

Also as a FSU fan, I wanted him to do so badly but now I'm kinda roooting for him

Every free minute ESPN has they top themselves yet again for stat creativity and what fits into their storyline.

This is what my original statement said:

"Keep the winning going. I love watching this show every week. I willroot for Tebow no matter where he goes because that guy does what a lotof people don't do anymore in pro sports, he goes for the win. Forgetstats just get the win. More people need to think that way."

And yes I was implying that it's rare these days to see a pro athlete actually just go for the win and not the money. Like everything else in the world it gets corrupted by money and all these top athletes will surely go where the dollar is instead of where the team is. It's refreshing to see a dude really just hustle his %#% off and want to make him and his team better and win games. That's not to say he's the only guy in the league or in pro sports doing that but from what I see these days it's a rare occurrence (insert Desean Jackson).

Two things. 
One, it's not rare at all for athletes to care about winning before money, all things considered equal I think it's the complete opposite. These guys are out there competing hard and putting up stats because they're good enough to do so and they want to win. Using Desean is a bad example, because the fact that he is (was) out there trying to help his team win games instead of chilling at the crib waiting on a payday goes against the point you're trying to make. The only problem in his situation is that he's trying to help his team win, but trying not to get hurt at the same time and it limited his effectiveness. 
Two, you really find it refreshing to watch professional athletes hustling and grinding out there to make plays...because that to me is a sign that they aren't very good. Give me talent over hustle 10 times out of 10. 

Tim reminds me a bit of Ben in his first years (though exaggerated and I'm only talking on field). But Ben won lots of games and never really got credit. No matter what he did it was becaus of the D and running game that he had success. I can say as a fan of the team, I never cared about the reason, I simply wanted wins. If he can't keep it up, so be it, but Tim isn't turning the ball over and he is doing whatever it takes to win (regardless if the D puts him in that position). As I said, I'm a fan. How can you dislike this guy? Making the most of the abilities he has? It's great

Originally Posted by HOOD17

If Tebow could win the superbowl this year
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

OK. I would lose it. It would be the single most memorable Super Bowl of my lifetime. More than the David Tyree catch, more than the 1-yd Titans.

The only fitting way for the world to end.

It would be amazing for Tebow to will the Broncos to a Superbowl victory and then introduce himself as the second coming. Actually, he wouldn't even have to, because if the Broncos win the Superbowl, I will quit life and devote my entire being to whatever Tebow worships.

Back
Top Bottom