Tim Tebow switched to starter for Denver (1st playoff win) Do you believe?

I want to see him make it to the super bopwl just for the media coverage alone. Then Elway gets stuck being pissed off the whole time and reluctantly has to keep him as a starter/ The Big Ben comaprisons are on point. At least on the field.

Originally Posted by grittyman20

This is what my original statement said:

"Keep the winning going. I love watching this show every week. I willroot for Tebow no matter where he goes because that guy does what a lotof people don't do anymore in pro sports, he goes for the win. Forgetstats just get the win. More people need to think that way."

And yes I was implying that it's rare these days to see a pro athlete actually just go for the win and not the money. Like everything else in the world it gets corrupted by money and all these top athletes will surely go where the dollar is instead of where the team is. It's refreshing to see a dude really just hustle his %#% off and want to make him and his team better and win games. That's not to say he's the only guy in the league or in pro sports doing that but from what I see these days it's a rare occurrence (insert Desean Jackson).
Two things. 
One, it's not rare at all for athletes to care about winning before money, all things considered equal I think it's the complete opposite. These guys are out there competing hard and putting up stats because they're good enough to do so and they want to win. Using Desean is a bad example, because the fact that he is (was) out there trying to help his team win games instead of chilling at the crib waiting on a payday goes against the point you're trying to make. The only problem in his situation is that he's trying to help his team win, but trying not to get hurt at the same time and it limited his effectiveness. 
Two, you really find it refreshing to watch professional athletes hustling and grinding out there to make plays...because that to me is a sign that they aren't very good. Give me talent over hustle 10 times out of 10. 

Hustle is just as important as Talent.  I would consider work ethic to be more important than talent.  They are both important though.

Hustle is why Jerry Rice has won many Super Bowls while Randy Moss has won nothing.   

You guys sound pretty dumb to me. I enjoy watching Tebow, but I would rather have somebody else that can throw a football at my QB position. Dude had an easy first down pass the other day and completely missed it. If a team can contain him or get a huge lead he cannot carry his team in the playoffs with his arm. Maybe I should be more of a fan but I only put weight into players in the playoffs, and I don't think he can compete for 3 straight games against good teams and be the favorite even once. So unless he pulls off three upsets he won't win. Of course you guys would say he willed his team to win. I'm of the opinion that if you played the last stretch of games 10 times over he would not have the same record. It's called a little bit of luck, not completely willing your team to one loss in 6 games. Nobody wins in this league by a td or less and says they knew they were going to win the whole time. If you believe that you are a fool.

Originally Posted by kc24688

You guys sound pretty dumb to me. I enjoy watching Tebow, but I would rather have somebody else that can throw a football at my QB position. Dude had an easy first down pass the other day and completely missed it. If a team can contain him or get a huge lead he cannot carry his team in the playoffs with his arm. Maybe I should be more of a fan but I only put weight into players in the playoffs, and I don't think he can compete for 3 straight games against good teams and be the favorite even once. So unless he pulls off three upsets he won't win. Of course you guys would say he willed his team to win. I'm of the opinion that if you played the last stretch of games 10 times over he would not have the same record. It's called a little bit of luck, not completely willing your team to one loss in 6 games. Nobody wins in this league by a td or less and says they knew they were going to win the whole time. If you believe that you are a fool.
So he's supposed to win a Super Bowl this year by throwing for 400 yards a game when his best receiver is Eric Decker?  Are you listening to yourself?

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

Originally Posted by j d0t win

Af6e6FZCQAAhGE4.png
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

/thread

All it needs is a U mad gif. Freaking overrated Elway.

Also as a FSU fan, I wanted him to do so badly but now I'm kinda roooting for him
Bruh, Elway got 2 rings
indifferent.gif

We need another Tim 3:16 rant for this past game

Also the black shirts need made for him. Would be a huge seller

Funny to hear guys like Hoge almost forcing themselves to back track statements they made on Tebow since he keeps winning.

Especially great hearing Trent Dilfer talk about the issue. Respect his opinion more than most because he knows what he's talking about.

Hustle is just as important as Talent.  I would consider work ethic to be more important than talent.  They are both important though.Hustle is why Jerry Rice has won many Super Bowls while Randy Moss has won nothing.    

I didn't say that hustle wasn't important, I was just talking about what I'd rather watch when it comes to football and sports. I don't want change the topic any further but let's just say I definitely don't agree with that last part of your statement. 

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

PharelFor3 wrote:

j d0t win wrote:

Af6e6FZCQAAhGE4.png
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

/thread

All it needs is a U mad gif. Freaking overrated Elway.

Also as a FSU fan, I wanted him to do so badly but now I'm kinda roooting for him
Bruh, Elway got 2 rings
indifferent.gif

bruh, it took him til his final two years. not trying to downplay how great elway was, but thats a stupid argument at this point of tebow's career. elway was dangerously close to leaving the same legacy that dan marino did.

and anyway, thats an awesome comparison.
laugh.gif
especially the passing numbers.

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Hustle is just as important as Talent.  I would consider work ethic to be more important than talent.  They are both important though.Hustle is why Jerry Rice has won many Super Bowls while Randy Moss has won nothing.    
I didn't say that hustle wasn't important, I was just talking about what I'd rather watch when it comes to football and sports. I don't want change the topic any further but let's just say I definitely don't agree with that last part of your statement. 

So then you'd rather watch the most talented guy on the field make amazing plays for himself and lose all his games than watch a guy put all his heart and soul into a game and win no matter what it takes and how it looks. Flash can only take you so far (I'll insert Desean again in this sentence).

So then you'd rather watch the most talented guy on the field make amazing plays for himself and lose all his games than watch a guy put all his heart and soul into a game and win no matter what it takes and how it looks. Flash can only take you so far (I'll insert Desean again in this sentence).
No, and it's not as simple as you're trying to make this out to be. Just because a player is flashy and makes Sportscenter doesn't mean that he's a loser or that he's giving out there giving a lesser effort than any of the scrappier players. Regardless of all that, I have been talking about talent...which is the determining factor in wins and losses. Never once did I mention anything about flash, I don't know why you keep taking it there because there is a difference between the two.

Originally Posted by nestasprotege

It would be amazing for Tebow to will the Broncos to a Superbowl victory and then introduce himself as the second coming. Actually, he wouldn't even have to, because if the Broncos win the Superbowl, I will quit life and devote my entire being to whatever Tebow worships.
and this right here is one of the reasons why this is happening.  Just look at what's going on.  Tebow is limited for a pro QB but has potential to become a solid starter.  Tebow gives credit to the creator and that's why we are seeing the impossible.

God takes the foolish things to confuse the wise.  All experts do all week after each win and after Tebow shows a better showing is break it down and limit what he's done.  The man is doing work to win not to impress with stats.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Funny to hear guys like Hoge almost forcing themselves to back track statements they made on Tebow since he keeps winning.

He's keep winning against really, really bad teams.  I mean is the bar that low as far as measuring his success rate??

I mean, he had some clutch plays vs Miami, lost a tough one vs Detroit, beat the Jets, Oakland (road), Chiefs (road), Jets, Chargers (road), Vikings (road) in a back and forth game despite large deficit.

I'm not crazy about his mechanics and footwork but the guy is a winner point blank since college, is he had the arm of half the QB's in the league he'd be
sick.gif

Keeps looking better with more starts and reps too, he was set up for failure just thrown into the fire and he's given his entire team energy.

Not trying to hate but what good team has Dalton beat? Tim can only play who is scheduled and frankly there are vey few good teams

Tim can only play who is scheduled and frankly there are vey few good teams

I got no issues or problems with Tim playing whatever team is on the schedule for him and beating those teams cause that's what he's suppose to do.  However, let's also keep in mind that he's beaten and only beaten bad teams, so he's doing what he's suppose to do but lets measure the level of competition that he is up against, that's all.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Tim can only play who is scheduled and frankly there are vey few good teams

I got no issues or problems with Tim playing whatever team is on the schedule for him and beating those teams cause that's what he's suppose to do.  However, let's also keep in mind that he's beaten and only beaten bad teams, so he's doing what he's suppose to do but lets measure the level of competition that he is up against, that's all.
cam newton has beat:
JAX
WAS
INDY
TB

guess we should keep that in mind while praising him, right? oh, CAR is a bad team? oh, well denver was a pretty bad team with orton at the helm too. let's at least be consistent (not you deuce, but in general).

EDIT: im not comparing the two or saying one is better than the other. just saying the whole strength of schedule thing should be used consistently if used to measure a QB's success

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

I mean, he had some clutch plays vs Miami, lost a tough one vs Detroit, beat the Jets, Oakland (road), Chiefs (road), Jets, Chargers (road), Vikings (road) in a back and forth game despite large deficit.

I'm not crazy about his mechanics and footwork but the guy is a winner point blank since college, is he had the arm of half the QB's in the league he'd be
sick.gif

Keeps looking better with more starts and reps too, he was set up for failure just thrown into the fire and he's given his entire team energy.

had to mention us twice, didn't ya @+!%#
eyes.gif

And just to add this perspective about everyone saying that the defense and run game is a huge factor to. Yes they most certainly are. No one is denying that but if you want an example of one man making the team come together let's just go with Peyton. That defense and offense has barely changed from last year to this year and they are literally #$!+ without Peyton. So yes Denver's defense and run game plays a part but Tebow is the catalyst that is turning that team around. 

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

He's keep winning against really, really bad teams. 

Ditto for their defense then. 

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

sick.gif

had to mention us twice, didn't ya @+!%#
eyes.gif
lol whoops.

Back
Top Bottom