Tim Tebow switched to starter for Denver (1st playoff win) Do you believe?

Like I said earlier, Tebow is able to beat all of the bad teams so I'll give him credit for that.

Fact is, this may just be the greatest story in sports history

Bless your heart.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Marion Barber prayed to the wrong person this morning.
30t6p3b.gif

I'm saying...He made a great catch...then turns around and fumbles the damn ball while we were in FG range...
grin.gif

nestasprotege:
Fact is, this may just be the greatest story in sports history.
Wow. In sports… HISTORY?! Got old-school dudes who have returned to their sport after serving in the military, got all kinds of stories of dudes who have had explosive games a day or two after learning their mom or dad or kid died, got people returning from MAJOR surgeries, got Jim Abbott out there with one damn hand… but THIS may be the greatest story in sports history.
laugh.gif
nestasprotege:
If you don't believe by now, you are a hater.
Or you might be a non-believer.
laugh.gif
Love when people go all 'black or white, no gray area'. Cute.
laugh.gif

He's good. He's not great, he's not excellent, he's not a Hall of Famer, he's not the greatest quarterback in the league… he's not even close… it's not like all of a sudden all these mechanics are just perfect, he's not flawless; he's good.

How good? Good enough to be part of a winning… TEAM. He's not single-handedly carrying the offense, he's not causing mistakes like Marion Barber's mistake, he's not the only reason Denver is winning (and
laugh.gif
at anyone who thinks he is).

Now I'm going to sit back and wait for one of his devout followers to quote me and put a line through everything I just said, and hopefully call me a hater.
smile.gif

im no skip bayless when it comes to praising tebow but you gotta respect what he has done since becoming starter. dudes accuracy is basura but the man takes Mr. al davis motto to another level "just win baby"

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

nestasprotege:
Fact is, this may just be the greatest story in sports history.
Wow. In sports… HISTORY?! Got old-school dudes who have returned to their sport after serving in the military, got all kinds of stories of dudes who have had explosive games a day or two after learning their mom or dad or kid died, got people returning from MAJOR surgeries, got Jim Abbott out there with one damn hand… but THIS may be the greatest story in sports history.
laugh.gif
nestasprotege:
Or you might be a non-believer.
laugh.gif
Love when people go all 'black or white, no gray area'. Cute.
laugh.gif

He's good. He's not great, he's not excellent, he's not a Hall of Famer, he's not the greatest quarterback in the league… he's not even close… it's not like all of a sudden all these mechanics are just perfect, he's not flawless; he's good.

How good? Good enough to be part of a winning… TEAM. He's not single-handedly carrying the offense, he's not causing mistakes like Marion Barber's mistake, he's not the only reason Denver is winning (and
laugh.gif

Now I'm going to sit back and wait for one of his devout followers to quote me and put a line through everything I just said, and hopefully call me a hater.
smile.gif

Not trying to call you out or anything, but since this is still a prevailing sentiment among many NFL experts and educated fans, what does he have to do to prove that he is a legitimate starting QB? He protects the football, gets better as the game progresses, reads defenses well, and has the belief of all of his teammates. Aren't those the qualities we look for in a young QB?

Originally Posted by nestasprotege

The funny thing is, people can't wait until Tebow loses in the playoffs so they can say "I told you so." Fact is, this may just be the greatest story in sports history. I don't even know what to say about this situation.

Fact is, that may be the greatest hyperbole in the history of modern civilization.

ikari XD:
23ska909red02:

laugh.gif

smile.gif

Not trying to call you out or anything, but since this is still a prevailing sentiment among many NFL experts and educated fans, what does he have to do to prove that he is a legitimate starting QB? He protects the football, gets better as the game progresses, reads defenses well, and has the belief of all of his teammates. Aren't those the qualities we look for in a young QB?
What does he have to do to prove that he's a legit starting QB? Nothing, because he IS a legit starting QB. Like I said, he's good. I said that, and you listed a number of reasons why he's good (reads defenses well, gets better as the game goes on, etc.).

But people are talking like he's phenomenal, great, excellent, unbelievable… and I want a list of reasons for THOSE adjectives. What has HE HIMSELF done to deserve any praise higher than 'good'?

Originally Posted by MrONegative

eek.gif
laugh.gif

He speaking the truth tho before all this finesse "QB passing to the pre madonna wide reciever before the big man touches me" football.. the QB was actually a football player
Tebow is a throwback to those days the old 11 on 11 

and these DBs these days are'nt going to tackle so its really an advantage to the offense.

And its not like Tebow played in the Pac 12 he dominated SEC defenses for 4 years with this style of play

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Like I said earlier, Tebow is able to beat all of the bad teams so I'll give him credit for that.

Bless your heart.
The Bears are a bad team?  So Cutler = Peyton Manning or something?

Actually, those 2 conservative drives in the 4th (when the Bears were up by 10) is what killed them.
After these 8 games, teams have to realize, you can't be conservative against Denver. Only way you can employ that type of strategy is if you're up by at least 3 TD's.

Let me give testimony.

I gave in to the truth that is Tebow.
I prayed and through his disciple Willis, he but gave me 3 fantasy points.
30t6p3b.gif

How could this be, I asked??
But Tebow works in mysterious ways.
Up 1 with only Hakeem by my sideand my enemy's DeMarco Fury on a rampage, I nearly lost faith.
Nearly.
I believed and he delivered ... one high ankle sprain.

eek.gif
sweet baby Jesus...we did it in America.
embarassed.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by cguy610

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Bless your heart.
The Bears are a bad team?  So Cutler = Peyton Manning or something?

The Bears are a bad team today or as of now because they are missing their starting QB and running back, both who contribute alot to the Bears offense overall. 

Back
Top Bottom